• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Palutena's Color Swaps and Alternate Costumes

andimidna

Smash Master
I'm sure some have made pictures and have had ideas for what :4palutena:'s palette swaps may be. What are your ideas?
What do you think will happen? What do you want to happen?
Discuss! ^.^

Now for my thoughts:
What I think is likely
Red- I think this will be a basic one. A red dress and her gold armor/charms/etc with a tint of red. I think her hair will stay green.
Green- I think her dress will be green, just like the red one, but her hair will be greener, I mean... a slightly different shade of green, that matches what her dress will be.
Blue- I think it will be a blue dress like the others, however it will have some purple flare resembling Amazon Pandora.
Yellow- A gold dress, like Rosalina, and the red gem on her forehead will be gold too
Gray- Her hair will be gray, and will represent the SNES Kid Icarus design
Black- either a color swap that's basically "Dark Palutena" resembling what happened to Pit in Brawl-- Dark Pit. Or a color swap based off of Medusa's colors.

So, again, what do you think?

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
I hope that one or two color swaps will change the color of her hair (as well as her dress). I'd love to see it in red or orange:

Attachments

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would love a palette swap of Palutena wearing a black outfit, but with red hair, instead of black. Could someone recolor her official art this way?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I just want Dark Palutena. That's all I need ever.

So good. (Credit to Malikkitsune on DeviantArt)

andimidna

Smash Master
PS I've tried to make the edits of her artwork on the colors mentioned but... my editing skills are awful, so they don't look so good so far :p

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I know this is random but why would Palutena's hair color change? No other human has thier hair color changed.

I mean that would be like Marth, Ike, Link, Samus or any other human have different hair color for each color.

I mean don't get me wrong I love these color swaps but I dunno if sakurai would change her green hair. Maybe for a medusa looking color but I'm not sure if he would on the others.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know this is random but why would Palutena's hair color change? No other human has thier hair color changed.
I mean that would be like Marth, Ike, Link, Samus or any other human have different hair color for each color.
I mean don't get me wrong I love these color swaps but I dunno if sakurai would change her green hair. Maybe for a medusa looking color but I'm not sure if he would on the others.
But she's not human. She's a goddess! :D

Though I agree, I don't think it's necessary to change her hair color, at least, not in all of the costumes. I could easily see it being dark green for a Medusa color swap (which I personally think is a guarantee).

andimidna

Smash Master

I understand the doubt, and I somewhat doubt it too, however, Palutena's hair is a much more prominent feature of her design than it is for any other character on the roster. If her hair doesn't change, a very large portion of the colors in her design will remain the same throughout every swap, unlike other characters. This wouldn't be the first time she or her series gets special treatment ;)
But just think of the Pokemon, they already get special treatment by getting hats as color swaps, which is basically a bunch of alternate costumes, we have variety throughout the roster, and I think that's a good thing.
Also, most human characters do get hair color changers for 1 or 2 swaps.
Peach- Daisy colors
Zelda- Blonde and Gray/Black
Link- Dark
TLink- ALttP and Dark
Marth- lighter Blue
Ike- or maybe he's the one with the lighter Blue, or both? (not sure)
Villager and Miis have many options obviously- here we see that variety mentioned before again. Not all characters follow 1 set pattern.
Lucas- Claus colors
I think that's it. I think it's pretty justifiable.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Unless angels, hylians and the people in Pokémon don't count as "human". If that is the case, there is no reason to consider Palutena, a Goddess, a human either. Surely Marth and Zero Suit Samus' hair colors don't change in palette swaps, but have in mind Samus isn't even 100% human. And Marth? I suppose blue hair must be something extremely important for Fire Emblem characters in Smash to have.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master

Unless angels, hylians and the people in Pokémon don't count as "human". If that is the case, there is no reason to consider Palutena, a Goddess, a human either. Surely Marth and Zero Suit Samus' hair colors don't change in palette swaps, but have in mind Samus isn't even 100% human. And Marth? I suppose blue hair must be something extremely important for Fire Emblem characters in Smash to have.
Actually, Marth swaps out blue hair for blue-er hair :troll:

(and in melee he had a swap that made his hair dark iirc)
(this slight variation is actually throughout almost every swap of a lot of the human characters if you look closely-- like Zelda and Ike)

But back to the Tuna, I think a swap referencing Viridi is actually very likely because it seems like the perfect combination of many things that Sakurai loves :p
I agree with the Medusa one and the Dark one being separate too.
I think that if she had one based off Hades that would be ****ing epic but I find it unlikely.
Since we have yet to see Pandora/Amazon Pandora in any role in the game, I think she'll just be a trophy and referenced in Palutena's Blue Team color swap. The purple keeps hings from getting repetitive throughout the blue re-colors.
There are my thoughts, and SchAlternate's picture show exactly what should happen. Perfectly done.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69

Notice how the color change in some of them isn't radical or completely different from thier original. It's mostly different shades of the original color. Zelda has blond hair because it's her hair color from Ocarina of Time. The black one to go with her possed/clocked Zelda from twilight princess I believe. But ya her color became different in her black one. I can see Palutena getting black her for a medusa color and different shades of green but I'm not sure if they'll drastically change green into something outrageous like red, blue or blond. Sakurai possibly could but if he does I'd like to see black haired peach and samus. I mean it would be fair for others to get different hair colors as well but then again sakurai is biased. Ehh I just wanna see a medusa looking Palutena.

andimidna

Smash Master
Not only do I think Sakurai's favoritism towards Palutena could easily lead to this, but also Sakurai's favoritism towards each individual character each swap would represent. We've already seen unnecessary extras for Palutena being the 12 specials with customization.

Also, I think that the last color swap for Zelda was based off Dark Link and was basically "Dark Zelda"
Which only further supports that we may get a swap based off the nonexistent "Dark Palutena" with the colors of Dark Pit.

Also, if I recall correctly, the rest of Zelda's colors were based off past designs of Zelda throughout the series. Sure she has the obvious OoT one, but I think one represents ALttP or something... and another represents some other old Zelda game. Can't remember which ones, but I really do think Myths and Monsters Palutena with gray hair and black eyes will happen.

Very hyped to see Palutena in action, it will be pretty awesome when we finally get to see gameplay of her, we'll actually find out her main moves, and we'll hopefully get to see some of her color swaps. (I wonder if there will be less color swaps in the 3ds version...)

D

Deleted member

Gray- Her hair will be gray, and will represent the SNES Kid Icarus design
So Homura? I'm sorry, the trailer has allowed me to link Homura to Palutena, and I'll never let it go. STRAW GRASPING!
Yeah, I know it's Myths and Monsters Palutena or whatever that game was called. Am I right?

I'm hoping for a Viridi styled recolor, but unlike tree frog Greninja, I won't lose any sleep if it doesn't happen.

Photoshop shenanigans.

View attachment 16193
Please. Somehow send these to Sakurai.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
Wiki says the black Zelda is based off of her possed form or clocked ZeldaZelda
[collapse=hmm... maybe.]

I had remembered what it looked like wrong. I could see it being a Cloaked Zelda reference. But I could also see it being "Dark Zelda"
I believe the wiki is a fan page, but I could easily see them being right.

One thing that keeps me doubtful is Sheik not having a purple scarf-thing... it would have been perfect if it was supposed to be the cloak's colors.
This is interesting.
Dang I like color swaps more than I ever thought I would. [/collapse]

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I expect Sakurai to go the extra mile, and reference the non playable ladies from Uprising with Palutena's colors.

It's not like he's going to just slap differently-colored wristbands on her or anything...

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The again, Palutena has a MASSIVE amount of hair, so it always a prominent feature of her. Changing the color of her hair would be helpful if one wants to differentiate between multiple Palutenas onscreen, something that might be a bit hard if they're only different due to dress color.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Photoshop shenanigans.

View attachment 16193
This is amazing. I was going to try and do them myself but you practically nailed what I was planning to do.
The Viridi and Hades(the purple one) are must haves, Sakurai. I don't think he'll mess up this time around, the team even change the Pokémon to actual recoulors.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Viridi Alt costume or bust.

Anyway, on a serious note.

Photoshop shenanigans.

View attachment 16193
I love all these colors. Would certainly play the red one the most, (for obvious reasons), and it is so beautiful.

My biggest hope though is that there is an alt that has Viridi's exact dress, (minus the size of course).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My only expectation is that each Palutena costume should have (is is likely to have) a button gem color thing (the one around her waist) identical to each Pit.

Regular: Red
Gold: Green
Red: Orange?
Green: Blue
Blue: Orange
Dark: Purple

As such, I'm hoping similar color patterns are there to match the corresponding Pit color, though I wouldn't mind a Medusa-inspired one as a special costume.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yeah I feel like a Viridi and Medusa palette are a must. I wouldn't be surprised to see her Kid Icarus manual color as blue.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think she'll have two or three colors based off of Madusa, Viridi and/or maybe Pandora, Pandora would obviously be her blue color, ifnot Pandora then probably her original art from the NES Kid Icarus and of course a Dar Palutena color so they can use it as an anti-hero in the next Kid Icarus. (I'm joking about that last one.)

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
a medusa palette will definately be there... others will just be random i guess...

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I want a pink dress, blonde hair palette for Palutena. If Zelda gets her Ocarina palette, plus Rosalina's confirmed pink dress palette. We can have the silliest 4-players matches :troll:.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I want a pink dress, blonde hair palette for Palutena. If Zelda gets her Ocarina palette, plus Rosalina's confirmed pink dress palette. We can have the silliest 4-players matches :troll:.
From what I've heard Zelda lost her Ocarina colors (and Dark Zelda for that matter). at least it wasn't in the demo during the best buy event..
edit it probably is but just it wasn't finished/shown yet

Not a fan of some of the hair colors (red and the one below it) but otherwise they are good

Last edited:

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
Has anyone even mention Pseudo-Palutena as an alt with recolors?
That would be terrifying. Copious amounts of nope.

Those Photoshops are amazing though. Like. Dang. Especially Medusa!Palutena.

Top Bottom