• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac NORTHWEST: WA - OR - BC - ID [social]

T0MMY

Smash Master
Gameclucks monthly is going to be held at HCC? Why would it not be held at Gameclucks? I'm a little confused at this X^D

Also, I just heard from the owner of the venue for RtG and they want to push it back to Sunday, which is not going to work with me. I am looking at finding another venue, but this is getting late into it for purposes of advertising.
So I have a question for all you looking at attending: If the date would change to the next week, June 27th, would that cause any issues with your attendance?

Hope to have things straightened out by today or tomorrow, will make sure all info is updated and everyone alerted. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

I would be willing to house you and your crew at my place, but we don't really have any furniture here since we had to throw everything out due to a mold outbreak that got us sick from our former landlords not keeping the roof up to code (no worries about current mold - we don't live there anymore).

The curren landlords don't like too many visitors so we'd just need to keep a low-profile like keeping noise to an acceptable level after 10pm, and not having a lot of people loitering out front with cigarettes or something, the usual stuff.
I've housed @ Beardbot Beardbot and @ Sideslick Sideslick for the first RtG and we had a good time.

And there might be another Smasher who'd be able to house you guys and loves things like BBQs, so I'll ask him about it and if he can offer you a place to stay then I'll hook you up.

Don't worry about compensation, being a Smasher has its perks and housing is one of them - just come and have some fun, smash it up, and the more contributions to a festive time with food/snacks the better. You're not just a guest to our house, you're a guest to our Smash Community - Just let us know how to make your experience a fun one and we'll see what we can do :^)
Hey Tommy thanks a lot for your hospitality! I know that I have long standing camping plans the weekend of the 27th so I wouldn't be able to go. Having said that, I can't speak for the rest of the crew, but do what you gotta do for the sake of your tournament. Also, for what its worth, no one in our crew smokes, so one less thing to work about when it comes to housing us!

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
Hey @ FearTheJiggles FearTheJiggles , welcome to the scene! For Smash 4 I would recommend actually attending a Gameclucks weekly, they occur every Monday starting at 2 and go to 11 (you can show up and leave whenever you like) and we've been having between 8 and 16 people show up and enter a small bracket (bracket starts between 5 and 6). It's not as grand as a monthly, but it's a good way to get your feet wet and meet a few of the people in the area. As for the next GC monthly I don't believe the specific date or location has been announced yet, however rumors are that it will be held at Highline Community College sometime early next month.
I'll try to make it to a GC weekly soon. Maybe in a month or so when schools out.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Good news, looks like the venue and the date are looking good. Just have to wait for an ok by the head of the place and they'll email me that we're good to go. The great thing (for me & anyone staying with me) about the venue is that it is about a 10 min. walk from my place, so getting there is really simple, haha.

And I was trying to figure out a good time for the proposed BBQ and how busy everyone would be, but might be able to set up a late-night BBQ at my friend's place who happens to live just across the street from my complex who hosts gatherings like this (geeky gamer guys/gals).

D

Deleted member

Good news, looks like the venue and the date are looking good. Just have to wait for an ok by the head of the place and they'll email me that we're good to go. The great thing (for me & anyone staying with me) about the venue is that it is about a 10 min. walk from my place, so getting there is really simple, haha.

And I was trying to figure out a good time for the proposed BBQ and how busy everyone would be, but might be able to set up a late-night BBQ at my friend's place who happens to live just across the street from my complex who hosts gatherings like this (geeky gamer guys/gals).
Great news T0MMY. I'll try to get together who's gonna be able to go, and when we're gonna be able to leave on my end. We were originally talking about leaving on Friday, with the hope that we could get out of work early, get down there on Friday night, and stay 'til sunday morning.

@ Celestial Celestial @ Locke 06 Locke 06 @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR @XL_What do you guys think, would you guys be down?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Hey all.

I'm interested in attending some of these Monday night Gamecluck weeklies. Is there a cover charge?

D

Deleted member

Hey all.

I'm interested in attending some of these Monday night Gamecluck weeklies. Is there a cover charge?
It's only three bucks, well worth the price of admission. Bring an extra dollar or two for side brackets!

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Round 3 at my place/venue for some more practice and prize pot brackets, starts at 9:00 AM till Next Day.

Main Games:
Brawl-, Smashket Ball, PK Thunder Wars, Blow 'em up Keep 'em UP, Rock/Paper/Scissors, Waifu/Husbando teams and singles

Side Events:
Smash 4 (Little Mac is Banned from competitive play and strictly reserved only for Lowtier tournaments ONLY)

Low tier tournament will take place if there is time left after all the main event are completed.

If you have questions about the rules set, pot prize, or anything in general .... "We CAN talk about this!"

People from the following crew's....
FullTilt, Earth Downs, Rest Easy, Breakfast Club, Team Denny's, (If there are other crews I left out, let me know)

...please inform me of how many members of your team will be showing up, so seeding and proper bracket scheduling can be accounted for.

Special Guest MC Dewey will be DJ'ing and commentating on various matches, HYPE!

As always extra setups would be appreciated. Please no Wireless controllers as it may Locke up various consoles it may be synced to during tourney matches.

Note:
As many of you requested, Waifu/Husbando teams and singles brackets will be best of 1, 5 stocks. Characters such as Peach are not Waifu material and will not be allowed in play.

Look forward to seeing you all here! Lets have some fun and SMASH IT UP!

Last edited:

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
Great news T0MMY. I'll try to get together who's gonna be able to go, and when we're gonna be able to leave on my end. We were originally talking about leaving on Friday, with the hope that we could get out of work early, get down there on Friday night, and stay 'til sunday morning.

@ Celestial Celestial @ Locke 06 Locke 06 @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR @XL_What do you guys think, would you guys be down?
I'd love to but I would have to know an exact date and time ASAP so I can request a day off of work.

Also get hype for smash weekly today? It's at Gameclucks in Lynnwood and the bracket usually starts about 4, come down!

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
I'd love to but I would have to know an exact date and time ASAP so I can request a day off of work.

Also get hype for smash weekly today? It's at Gameclucks in Lynnwood and the bracket usually starts about 4, come down!
Is there going to be a weekly next week?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I had a great time tonight. I recognize a lot of your names. I was the guy playing mostly Toon Link.

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
I completely forgot about this thread, and I'm ashamed for it...

...Anyways, here's a tournament I'm running on May 23rd in Orting:

http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ekend-smash-bros-tournament-orting-wa.401849/

I'm calling it "K-oss" (as in "Kings of Orting South Sound"), and I want you all to be there.

• Smash Wii U and Melee, 1v1 and 2v2 for both
  • $5 venue fee covers friendlies/player-moneymatches/etc.
  • $5 per player for singles-events
  • $5 per team for team-events

It's my first time TO-ing, and I want to start my TO-career off with a bang! Come play some Smash under Mt. Rainier! If you're good, you might walk away with some of the various 60/30/10 pots and the adoration of this small town!

Last edited:

Celestial

Smash Cadet
NNID
TangerineCrayon
Is there going to be a weekly next week?
Yes there will be.
I had a great time tonight. I recognize a lot of your names. I was the guy playing mostly Toon Link.
It was great to play with you, thank you for joining us ~
I like how Brawl and 3Ds are specifically excluded. :ivysaur:
Neither are really played competitively around here, if you would like to start a tourney for either game please do ~
Super good bracket yesterday, that 0% forward throw kill though?!
"Smashville is the most neutral stage"
-Blackwolf Stream 2015
Lol No

French Tomahawk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Captain Falcon
Hey, I've played smash since I was young, but I'd like to get involved in the competitive scene. I live near Silverdale, what would be some good events / gatherings to head to in the future?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just heard back from the person yesterday - turns out the venue is completely confirmed for Saturday JUNE 20th.
Also turns out it was completely confirmed before, just they didn't get back to me until yesterday, haha... so my worries about not hearing back from them were all for nothing (phew).

Anyhow, I am going to be promoting this around town and online, so hope to make it worth the trip down here for everyone, because the venue is spacious and I just need to front the cash for it (I am already putting up $500 to cover the cash prize, so hope the price for the venue isn't more than $500 because I am very much broke doing this event).

More information to come!

T0MMY

Smash Master
In case none of you have heard yet, there is a Tournament Scheduling Conflict on the 20th - A group of people just announced this past weekend that they are holding a Tournament on the same day IN THE SAME CITY.

I was told this conflicting tourney is a "spite event" to sabotage the event I am working at because there are some Melee elitists who hate me, so if I am working there they want to see it fail. (They PM'd people with similar sabotage attempts before RtG1 @ Beardbot Beardbot )

See more info at the Reddit page: HERE

Since I was helping you WA players come down to RtG3 I thought I'd let you know that this a BIG Melee event happening in the same city AND they are getting the attention of SSB4 players attending because Mew2king is supposedly going to be attending, so it's really hurting our attendance from the regular Smashers who normally attend our monthlies.

I am putting $500 out of my own pocket to guarantee a big payout no matter the turnout and promised I'd work the event as well. The venue has already been signed for and the advertisements have gone out, so changing the date is not feasible.

We might have about as many SSB4 players at our event due to our "blue ocean" strategy getting new players in, but the level of competition would most likely be much lower.
If this is a sabotage then they did an excellent job crafting such a conniving scheme. If it was all "oops" accidental, then they blundered just as excellently every fundamental step to hosting a hassle-free tournament.

Please let me know what you are all planning on doing - I wouldn't be upset at all if you decided not to come down due to all the issues, even though I'd still love to have you all down here.
@Dewey519 @ Locke 06 Locke 06 @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR @ Celestial Celestial @wheoverelsewasinthecrewthatwasthinkingofcomingdown

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm planning on going. Need to hammer out details, but you've just given me more reason to come to your tournament. Gotta support the guys who put in the work.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I'm planning on going. Need to hammer out details, but you've just given me more reason to come to your tournament. Gotta support the guys who put in the work.
That's very noble of you - can't say the other TO's are not putting in work for their event, but I have some qualms with how they are handling the issue.
Anything you need, just let me know :^)

Beardbot

Smash Cadet
NNID
BeardbotOreo
3DS FC
3351-4066-5194
hitting Oregon tournaments is difficult for the moment as I am saving up to move out. going to Oregon tournaments. Ive gotten invites from lots of smash friends down in Oregon but I have trouble keeping track of dates sometimes @ T0MMY T0MMY . knowing what it is pretty well deters me. you were kind enough to house me and sideslick when we went to RTG1 and it was my first out of state tourney and it was a blast. after my schedule and wallet cool down I plan to attend more rtg events. I will however be in Eugene for one night and one night only! im staying with omen on thurday the 11th on a looong road trip down to SoCal for something family related. long story short our first stop is Eugene and rather than room in a hotel with family I hought id play with smash friends and get some great games in. I need some more games with @T1MMY since he hasn't been up to Washington for a minute lol.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Omen's place is much bigger than our little home, he's a good guy. His play is 420 friendly though, if you're ok with that. I'll let t1mmy know you are going to be in town, maybe you can get some more Dreamland Matches in together :^)

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
When Locke and the rest of the gang get their schedules ironed out, I will most likely be heading over to your event with them. I'll talk to them soon and see whats going down to get our plans together.

Thanks again for keeping us posted Tommy.

Slaine

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the bi-weekly tournament Event 52 will have it's melee tournament Saturday, June 13th at sunken treasure gaming in Richland, Washington, these last few tournaments have been a success so far and it's great to see the the tri-citys smash scene grow. The smash 4 tournament will be 2 weeks after the upcoming melee one and there was talks of a teams smash 4 tournament being the main event.

CeeBee4564

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dante4564
I'm still getting a use to SmashBoards, but I figured I would come here and say hi!

And do a little shameless self-promoting......
My name is Caleb, aka CeeBee4564. A friend and I have been trying to set up a community in our area for a local Smash group. We dubbed it Kit-Smash County, based on our area of residence: Kitsap County, Washington State. It's a ferry ride away from Seattle for those that don't know. Anyway. I have the time now to put for the effort into making this happen. So if you are interested and live in the area, there's a Facebook group, Twitch, and Twitter.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that the bi-weekly tournament Event 52 will have it's melee tournament Saturday, June 13th at sunken treasure gaming in Richland, Washington
Here's the SWF link for everyone: Event 52
Everyone like the post to help promote! Southeast Washington is an untapped Smash locale - it's the smaller areas that need help from the greater scene.

I'm still getting a use to SmashBoards, but I figured I would come here and say hi!
Hullo!
When do you usually stream? We stream Wednesday evenings 7pm here in Eugene, OR at the Dragonpunch Weeklies.
Nice to have you here. I'll add your links to the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Haven't actually streamed yet. The group is still up and coming, so haven't had the chance to.
It's good to have a stream people can remember when to watch. I have it linked on the front page now (along with some additional updates).
We've got plenty of room to grow here on Smshboards, so keep posting info and we'll all promote and support where we can.

CeeBee4564

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dante4564
It's good to have a stream people can remember when to watch. I have it linked on the front page now (along with some additional updates).
We've got plenty of room to grow here on Smshboards, so keep posting info and we'll all promote and support where we can.
There's a slight booboo on the Twitch link. Looks like you combined the twitch and twitter into one hyperlink. >.>

D

Deleted member

In case none of you have heard yet, there is a Tournament Scheduling Conflict on the 20th - A group of people just announced this past weekend that they are holding a Tournament on the same day IN THE SAME CITY.

I was told this conflicting tourney is a "spite event" to sabotage the event I am working at because there are some Melee elitists who hate me, so if I am working there they want to see it fail. (They PM'd people with similar sabotage attempts before RtG1 @ Beardbot Beardbot )

See more info at the Reddit page: HERE

Since I was helping you WA players come down to RtG3 I thought I'd let you know that this a BIG Melee event happening in the same city AND they are getting the attention of SSB4 players attending because Mew2king is supposedly going to be attending, so it's really hurting our attendance from the regular Smashers who normally attend our monthlies.

I am putting $500 out of my own pocket to guarantee a big payout no matter the turnout and promised I'd work the event as well. The venue has already been signed for and the advertisements have gone out, so changing the date is not feasible.

We might have about as many SSB4 players at our event due to our "blue ocean" strategy getting new players in, but the level of competition would most likely be much lower.
If this is a sabotage then they did an excellent job crafting such a conniving scheme. If it was all "oops" accidental, then they blundered just as excellently every fundamental step to hosting a hassle-free tournament.

Please let me know what you are all planning on doing - I wouldn't be upset at all if you decided not to come down due to all the issues, even though I'd still love to have you all down here.
@Dewey519 @ Locke 06 Locke 06 @ X-FACTOR X-FACTOR @ Celestial Celestial @wheoverelsewasinthecrewthatwasthinkingofcomingdown
Tommy, sounds like some BS. We will still be attending your tournament. As a matter of fact, on behalf of the Dusk til Dawn crew, I'd like to offer $100 dollars as well for a pot bonus for a multitude of reasons. Put us down.

Also Tommy, if you want, the DtD crew would be down to do a crew battle with any challengers, if that's something anyone would be interested in, you can put the word out. I'm saying this without speaking to them prior, but I'm sure they wouldn't object.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slaine

Smash Rookie
Here's the SWF link for everyone: Event 52
Everyone like the post to help promote! Southeast Washington is an untapped Smash locale - it's the smaller areas that need help from the greater scene.
Thanks! To my knowledge we are the only tournament in the area. Last Saturday was our third tournament and we have been averaging about 40 people, we even got some people who said they would stream our events, i'll keep you guys updated on that when the information becomes available.

Last edited:

Slaine

Smash Rookie
Also if anyone has any suggestions or advice about Event 52 feel free to contact me.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Tommy, sounds like some BS. We will still be attending your tournament. As a matter of fact, on behalf of the Dusk til Dawn crew, I'd like to offer $100 dollars as well for a pot bonus for a multitude of reasons. Put us down.
Wow, that is a huge offer, I thank you very much on behalf of those of us running RtG. I'll pass the word on to Ayla who is handling the sponsorship/promotion/etc. and see what she can do for you and what you'd like in return.

Also Tommy, if you want, the DtD crew would be down to do a crew battle with any challengers, if that's something anyone would be interested in, you can put the word out. I'm saying this without speaking to them prior, but I'm sure they wouldn't object.
Crew Battle would be awesome, hope we can do this at the venue (very limited on time with several events and only 8 hours to finish). 2theFrame (Eugene) vs Dusk til Dawn could be a big draw (Oregon vs Washington) - people love a "team" they can cheer for.

Thanks! To my knowledge we are the only tournament in the area. Last Saturday was our third tournament and we have been averaging about 40 people, we even got some people who said they would stream our events, i'll keep you guys updated on that when the information becomes available.
This is success right here!
I would be up to attending a few of these, but hardly get any carpools to the eastern side of Washington and buses don't really go through there. So I'll have to keep an eye out for anything that can transpire, until then maybe we can meet together in a PNW meetup.

There's a slight booboo on the Twitch link. Looks like you combined the twitch and twitter into one hyperlink. >.>
Thanks for pointing that out - copied it out of your sig and it got a bit messy with the BBcode, but I think I have it all fixed now (plus some additional updates).

Top Bottom