• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Fest III {NOW WITH MORE MAPS!}

T0MMY

Smash Master
And that will be when you decide to stop being a douche :p
Such tact.

I'll just continue to wait until you can deal with your problems enough so things can just cool down.
Flaming people and trolling is what's causing all this internet drama and I don't want any of yours.
You've been constantly making undermining comments like saying I don't do "anything", my job is just "recent" (seriously, wtf would any of this matter to a group of people who get together looking to play a video game, even if it were true?).

C'mon, enough is enough already.
Ignoring the problems you attempt to put on me hasn't been working, so it's obvious this is a one-sided feud and it's just really strange why you single out me. Whatever reason motivates you it just looks like petty jealousy. Nobody else cares about my popularity or when people say I have a lot of potential if I'd just stop sandbagging. If it's just jealousy then let it end now rather than fester into something uglier later.
But in case you need to understand why it is I don't take playing a video game super seriously and not putting 110% into it, let me clarify/correct some grossly exaggerated or purposefully misleading things you've said:

A student? Yes. Maybe you missed all the text books, the schedules I have posted on the refrigerator, or that I've mentioned these things in the past that nobody else missed/forgot even if they weren't paying attention. Yes, I registered as a full-time student at <redacted>, I'm not going to give you my Student # just to prove that. Work? Yes, I work two jobs, my most recent job I've been working at <redacted>, I was working other jobs during the summer which is why it might seem "recent" and I am actually a free-lance graphic designer (and did self-published work). No, I'm not going to give you my employer contact info or employee # or anything like that for proof, you don't do this kind of thing with anyone else. It's ridiculous. I have a <redacted> who is <redacted>, so I have to spend a lot of time <redacted> how much effort it takes to make sure someone isn't swallowing their tongue when they have seizures, guiding them to the bathroom when they've lost their vision/hearing, or <redacted>
In addition to this I have to make time for both my friends in the Smash community and my friends who are outside the community. If you say "you don't do anything", it's nonsense, I'm not doing anything with YOU more than just playing Smash, but only when all these much bigger life priorities are taken care of first. You are not the center of my world no matter how important you believe you are.

Now here's my thoughts on your off-the-wall rationalizations:
Your contrived idea that I'm afraid of losing just looks like you're projecting your own fears on others. I don't care about "losing" as much "winning" seeing as the game is just entertainment and helps get my mind off a lot of the above life priorities. It's supposed to be fun and enjoyable with people who have been antagonistic and now trying to pry into my life. That's beyond suspicious. Friends don't pry into private matters after slinging insults. I don't need you calling me a "douche" just because I don't take the game seriously like everyone else because I have more pressing matters in my life I prioritize over gaming with people. You're not acting as a friend so don't be demanding a full report of someone's private life. Kind of concerning.

So where does that leave me to understand you? Well, I couldn't possibly take any of that self-projection and groundless allegations you say to heart since it is so far off the mark, and I will reiterate if you're honestly concerned with someone not taking a weekend video game session completely seriously then your words and attitude are definitely not helping change the situation. If you're trying to make things worse, you're doing a good job at, but if you're really concerned about making things better: take a proactive approach. Take a look at how others do much more good like how Shin's handling things. Any improvements in my attitude is in thanks to him being open to listen and talk openly instead of just put down others.

I've got a lot of real life to take care of and not taking play dates with Balloon "seriously" isn't top priority, get over it. Consider this a response to EVERYTHING you've ever posted trying to stir things up so this antagonistic behavior against me can stop. I won't really acknowledge flames and trolling, but I will be polite and patch things up, and we've pretty much been cool IRL, so don't think I'll hold anything against you. But even if things don't improve between us--I'm easy to get along with and we can just keep it Smash-only. You can play the game you want and I can treat it like the short time for entertainment to help keep my mind off from actually important matters. And, who knows, maybe in the future when I get everything in my life back to an easier to manage place I'll put some effort into competing and see what I've got.

Last edited:

Balloon

Smash Lord
Tommy, honestly, that's all I've been wanting out of you. You and Timmy keep your lives so private from the rest of us and then call us your friends. It's contradictory. Most of the time I've just been trying to understand the two of you, and when you didn't allow me to or make an effort to help me understand, it frustrated me. I wish you had just said all of that to me at an earlier point. I don't need or even want your employee/student numbers or what have you. I just wanted to hear it from you that you actually have things going on, as evidence before seemed to point the other way. Although I still can't see how you were able to get time off work so quickly to go to SoCal for E for All, nor can I see how you were able to attend SCC (you did go, right?) so early in the term which meant missing two full days of classes...

The only thing left is when you sandbag and then instantly turn around on it to say that you are doing just that. Sandbagging has a purpose, and it doesn't involve letting your opponents know that you're doing it. That's all.

In any case, I feel like I can apologize to you now for all the flaming and trolling I've done directed at you. All I wanted was some information, and now I've got it. So, I am sorry, Tommy. Let's be friends. :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Obviously my life doesn't have to be an open book.
I treated all Smashers like family, but not everyone who plays Smash will return the same, as I found to be the case.

Edit: It turns out Balloon was spinning some ridiculous narratives to be used against me. I was smart keeping my Smash life separate and was open to people who were actually friends, not just everyone who demanded to know everything about me to use as ammo for their far-flung allegations.

Last edited:

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
hey, it looks like the thread is at peace. good stuff, good stuff. I also have to give you props tommy... you've got alot. I just have school and fluids just owns on a regular basis to the point of having not alot of free time. Thats why I've got to plan for OSU IV now before fluids II and thermo II next term. And then you've got jobs and a relationship... JEEZ. I wish all the best for you, keep at it!

I almost wish i could atribute my tournament standings to a freeze ups... i just suck, haha. Improvement was so good over the summer though, i just don't have time enough to smash. That, and my dorm buddies don't wanna play me. meh. I think i just need the patience to get better stick control (did you guys know i can't dash dance? suck, isn't it?).

Looks like it just goes to show that we've all got things to do outside smash. Though it would be nice if people could make livings off of things like this, heh.

Keep well everyone!

~Kenpachi

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Kenpachi, if you play Sheik, then that's why you can't dash dance. Try it with Marth. It's not difficult with Sheik - just practice more - but it's just silly.

cmin

Smash Ace
Erick, sheik is one of the harder characters to dash dance with, and kinda pointless to do it with her too since she goes almost 3 inches

T0MMY

Smash Master
I remember these times, almost 10 years ago now.
My life seemed a bit crazy coupled with Smash competitions, but I think it was all worth it. Glad I could give some peace to someone's life for what time I had.

Update on why I was "freezing up" as I put it - feeling cold/shivering/headaches/confusion/emotional/etc. especially exemplified during Smash... turns out there was highly toxic mold inside the walls of my home (due to the property management not keeping the building up to code), this caused some concerning nervous system damage. Did not find out until a few years later when I ended up in an emergency room status situation.

Looking back I can see why I thought Bart was just acting concerned. It was just that, an act. But with so much going on in my life I felt like I would be a pain to everyone and wanted to distance myself from people so I wouldn't cause any problems. Wish I could say we hit it off as good friends after this thread was posted, but I don't think he likes me much right now. I actually publicly stated for him not to come to any tournaments I was hosting, but after reading this if he'd like to PM me and work out the last of any issues I'd be happy to do that in an online private message, not a public show.

After an entire year of treatment and a stretch of a time being bedridden I feel like I have my life back on track - except my brain hurts/burns when I have to use my memory to recall information during the time I was very ill (about 2010-2012). This puts Art, Science, and (sadly) Smash at issue - extended amounts of time with these activities may result in headach/fatigue/depression/confusion/frustration/nausea. I'm just going to take it easy until I feel up to doing more... was in the middle of changing over to a science degree before getting hit with brain damage, kind of apprehensive about this coming fall term but I think things can work out.

Update: Bart never DM'd me to work things out and instead DM'd others to just create more exaggerations and false allegations. That's really sad. I hope he finds some peace over it some day. But another update is I became #1 on the PR for YEARS rolling. Undisputed #1 and went on to take top 10 at majors. Much to Bart's chagrin :laugh:
Take care of priorities and keep on Smashin', I wish the best to all honest competitors who do what's right in life & Smash <3

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And I hope that the lesson to learn here is that when someone is having obvious problems (such as physically getting sicker from a deadly poisoning) that it's better to be kind/understanding of their situation.

Even joking about this sort of thing is something anyone but a close friend should not do; to actually do so is telling of one's intentions. It's easy, without enough sympathy, to overlook causation and call people names, but you cannot go wrong with starting things off with compassion and then staying on the path of kindness.

Top Bottom