• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSTS: Archer

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Details
Date: August 27th
Events: Brawl singles, Brawl doubles, side events pending
Hosts: Utto, Marc, Exalador
Co-hosts: Gregs
Maximum number of entrants: 64
Entrance free: 25 euros for everything, 20 euros for only one event, 5 euros spectator fee

The tournament will be held in the Gamecenter Kaos Gaming maintains in Weesp. This is the same venue we used for OSTS: Kaos, except we get the big room this time. Weesp lies east of Amsterdam and can easily be reached by train from there as well as Schiphol airport (it will take roughly 25 minutes). If you’re from out of the country, don’t hesitate to contact me or Utto with questions on how to get there.

The address:
Pampuslaan 67
1382 JM Weesp
Google Maps-link

Setups
While the TVs are taken care of, we need at least 16 Wiis, so please let us know if you can bring one. Keep in mind that most of our TVs have trouble with the NTSC version of the game (it will show in black and white), so the PAL version is greatly preferred. Textures and hacks are discouraged for the most part, but infinite replay hacks would be very useful.

Ruleset
See: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12864256&postcount=10

Registration
While several details remain to be worked out, you can register by posting in this topic.
  1. Marc (+Wii)
  2. Gregs
  3. Leon
  4. Bjay
  5. Chair
  6. Xonar
  7. Mr-R
  8. Rog
  9. Nyr
  10. ZeroL (+ Wii)
  11. Jumpman
  12. Doomfire (+ Wii)
  13. T
  14. Jeffz0r
  15. Yaaay
  16. The Paprika Killer
  17. sonicmafia
  18. istudying
  19. Kenny (+ Wii)
  20. Lavlis
  21. Klaar
  22. Cenel
  23. Catpuke
  24. Hero of Banthum
  25. Staco (Germany)
  26. Marcbri (Spain)
  27. Faab (Zaandam)
  28. SolaR128 (Germany)
  29. NikeNick
  30. artcore.
  31. ShadowTl (+ Wii)
  32. Ayoub
  33. PsY^
  34. roNic
  35. Rahx
  36. Skippo
  37. S1-14
  38. hypero
  39. Four Sword (+ Wii)
  40. Ayten
  41. Slash
  42. Thejustice
  43. Cyberpiraat
  44. Arvi
  45. Ivra
  46. Luperizer
  47. TOBIII
  48. MOO
  49. Indoo!
  50. PikaForLife
  51. Mat_Chewy
  52. Suway
  53. quiKsilver (Germany)
  54. Frank
  55. Captain Cruz
  56. Gheb_01 (Austria)
  57. 911
  58. T.J
  59. Aqua
  60. guvan043
  61. Tiersie
  62. Act7
  63. Bader (+ Wii)
  64. Cracker1204
  65. hardcorezero
  66. Nultos
  67. joep
  68. Croon
  69. Lesje
  70. kaki (+ Wii)
  71. dutchpinoy
  72. rko

Staco

Smash Champion
Im in for this.
I will go with car.
Ill try to bring some tvs and germans with me.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Since we broke 50, I'll be so kind as to post the ruleset:

Basic Rules
  • 3 Stock.
  • 8 minute timer.
  • Items are set to “off” and “none”.
  • All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 or above will be played out for any “finals” matches). Grand finals is best of 7, unless a best of 5 is more practical due to time constraints.
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
  • In the event of a dispute in team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the remaining port.
  • No player may choose the stage they have LAST won on in the set unless agreed upon by both players.
  • There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 40 for singles only. This means that you automatically lose if the game goes to time and you have more than 40 edge grabs. If both players are guilty of this, the rule is ignored and the winner will be determined in a regular fashion (see: resolving ties).
  • Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
  • All chaingrabs and infinites are legal. Keep the stalling rule in mind, which states all infinites are to be ended quickly after 300% has been reached.
  • You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
  • Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
  • Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
  • Stalling is banned. Definition of stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set Format (In Order of Procedure)
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List, taking no more than 2 minutes
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-8 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Resolving Ties
  • Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock and then percentage. The Sudden Death is not to be played under any circumstances.
  • If percentages are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minutes, same characters, same stage overtime.
  • When a suicide move ends the match (such as Bowser’s Koopa Klaw or Ganondorf’s forward+B), the game’s verdict should always be honored. This means that if the game goes to Sudden Death rather than a victory screen, it is a tie and the 1-stock rematch will have to be played.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • Set team attack to ON.

Stage List

Starter
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
  • Castle Siege
  • Delfino
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Pokémon Stadium 1

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
With our Melee tournament over, it's time to focus on this. I have more news:
As it stands we can provide 14 TVs, which is a few less than we had hoped for. Additionally, we still haven't gotten any word on a possible hotel deal. Seeing how we really need to start booking the venue, the tournament will be only one day and attendance will be capped at 64. The latter shouldn't be a problem considering we've been at roughly 60 interested people for a while now and it should still be a solid Dutch national. It will most likely be SmashNL's last Brawl tournament at that, as the hosting team will pretty much disband after this.

Foreigners are encouraged to seek out housing themselves through people they know, but if you need it and drop me a line I can also try to set something up for you.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
please I have a question, when the tournament is starting? because bjay and me ( sorry faab lol ) will arrive at 10 in amsterdam and is that far from the venue ?

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
please I have a question, when the tournament is starting? because bjay and me ( sorry faab lol ) will arrive at 10 in amsterdam and is that far from the venue ?
The venue is actually pretty close to Amsterdam, 45 minutes away from Amsterdam Central Station at most. The tournament starts at 12:00, so if you meet up with some Dutchies in Amsterdam and go to the venue asap you should be fine.

lavlis

Smash Rookie
for the international people coming to this, i'm offering housing at my place. i life quite close to the venue and have place for 6 people. pm me for more info.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Most of the registrations and discussion about this takes place at SmashNL, but all the necessary info should be in the OP. You can now start confirming for this event. You will drop on the list if you haven't confirmed on the 17th. Foreigners take priority, though I'm not expecting many more. Staco, exactly whom are you bringing?

Staco

Smash Champion
If I come with 4 people (me + 3), would there be any1 to house us near the location?
I would also provide free ride from your house to the location.

We would need housing friday to saturday and saturday to sunday.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
The results(the official one will come)

1. Mr. R (MK, Snake, Falco, Marth)
2. Leon (Marth)
3. Istudying (Diddy, IC, MK)
4. Gregs (Falco, MK, Marth)
5. Chair (Wario)
5. Marc (MK)
7. Toby (Snake)
7. Tonie (DDD, MK, Snake, (and some more but I don't know exactly)

Mr.R went Metaknight in Grand Finals against Leon and beat him 3-0

Mr-R

Smash Champion
the funny thing is, I only went marth one match the whole tourney.

MK da bess
:troll:

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
ramin learning every top char = key to become better :cool:

next big tourney in netherlands i will visit you guys, that weekend was to difficult x(

Top Bottom