• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
Front page of SWF says they are updating the ranking system on the site.
Let's make sure to get Oregon's recent tournaments listed/updated:

Attendees make sure to claim your rankings.
What suggestions does everyone have to garner interest in rankings, tourney discussion, and other community aspects?

@ Jaxas Jaxas @Jonix @ t!MmY t!MmY @ Peach Masta Peach Masta @MasterFisk @ thrillagorilla thrillagorilla @ messiahfreak2000 messiahfreak2000

Last edited:

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Attendees make sure to claim your rankings.
How do I claim my ranking?

What should I do if someone claimed my actual result? (FoF2) + I didn't play Pit...

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
How do I claim my ranking?

What should I do if someone claimed my actual result? (FoF2) + I didn't play Pit...
I think when a ranking moderator OK's the submission then you'll get an alert and you claim the ranking. So far nobody claimed your ranking, but an automated name-finder found "Dagon" on Smashboards and listed them which means they will be alerted to it - but don't worry! Mods and TO's should see it is not you and fix it, but go ahead and claim it when you can and alert them that you are the person who played those matches and they'll fix it.

In short, you should see it fixed before it goes live and even if there's someone else trying to claim that ranking the TO will remember you and get you in the right spot. You can keep an eye on how it's developing using the link I posted.
Keep on entering events and see where you place in a season, the new ranking system Smasbhoards is doing is dynamic, which I've been pushing for years now, so I am happy they are using a similar system :^)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Let's make sure to get Oregon's recent tournaments listed/updated:
This reminds me of what many people wanted AllisBrawl to do with uploaded tournament data. Pretty cool.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh, I found out how to embed a bracket so people who see the post can just click on the "claim" link in it instead of going to the page and finding it there.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Does anyone know about any tournaments in Portland OR? not Eugene or Salem, any help would be appreciated
There's a lot of people who ask about this, there should be a weekly at @ Tspeeds Tspeeds place and Disc Heroes that @N0_Worries has hosted. I think there's a weekly at PSU as well, but I'm not sure who to contact about that, they used to hold them in the game room but moved it to a nearby classroom instead.
When a bigger tournament comes around someone will post about it here.
And if none of those work out for you, think about starting up something yourself and see what happens :^)

Edit: Found you a link to Disc Heroes event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1441674156129225/
Thanks goes out to Jaxas for posting that on Salem Social.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Saw this on the SSBwiki: "Oregon; notably lacking a significant Super Smash Bros. 64 and Super Smash Bros. 4 scene."
We gotta step things up for Smash 4 - why does it seem so divided? Oregon SSB4 needs to unify and get some work done. Shoutouts to Jaxas, Jonix, and Jimmy for the tourney work they've been doing - let's see what can come of it!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Saw this on the SSBwiki: "Oregon; notably lacking a significant Super Smash Bros. 64 and Super Smash Bros. 4 scene."
I think it's funny they mention the SSB and SSB4 scene but don't say anything about Brawl. XD

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Woah! There are other people in Oregon to play smash? I actually had no idea. I am in Medford OR, (Southern) and I don't have a FaceBook, (I never really wanted one) so I can't view the SOregon group, are there any other people in or around Medford that still actively play?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Woah! There are other people in Oregon to play smash? I actually had no idea. I am in Medford OR, (Southern) and I don't have a FaceBook, (I never really wanted one) so I can't view the SOregon group, are there any other people in or around Medford that still actively play?
Get in contact with @ thrillagorilla thrillagorilla here. You might want to try a message to him over at NintendoDojo as well.

T0MMY

Smash Master
@ Tryst Tryst He said it was ok if I gave out his number to Smashers looking to play if you'd like that I could PM it to you.

Also may want to PM @ The_SuperiorTaste The_SuperiorTaste here on SWF since he does have an account here.

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Can't get anyone to take me to these events. :/
Portland players drive through Aurora area to get to Eugene events all the time. Just have to find out who is driving and ask for a seat before they fill up. People always willing to help out new players, just have to make sure to let someone know.
Also wouldn't hurt to post in the Pac NW social in case any Washington players are coming south to a tournament.

Speaking of tournaments, a big thank you to @Jonix for hosting Smash Wars and also to those who helped out like Kayla and her sister, @ Jaxas Jaxas @KBdreams @ B Ballisticomen for the streams/capture/commentary. Jon knows how to bring in a crowd! Looking forward to Episode II (what will it be called? Attack of the HooHaa?)!

Last edited:

Elisay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Elisay7
3DS FC
2552-2548-4286
Portland players drive through Aurora area to get to Eugene events all the time. Just have to find out who is driving and ask for a seat before they fill up. People always willing to help out new players, just have to make sure to let someone know.
That's great to hear but my parents probably wouldn't be ok with it. Maybe when I'm a bit older (like 14 or so) because I'm 12 as of the time this message is posted.
Also, can you link me to the Pac NW social?
Well then, back to netplay.

T0MMY

Smash Master
That's great to hear but my parents probably wouldn't be ok with it. Maybe when I'm a bit older (like 14 or so) because I'm 12 as of the time this message is posted.
Also, can you link me to the Pac NW social?
Well then, back to netplay.
Oh, well the Oregon Smash Community will be here for a very long time, so we'll all be waiting when you can participate more in person. Until then help the scene out with some positive comments and Likes.

The Pac NW thread can be found | HERE |

Last edited:

Vytrex

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I've been wanting to get in the scene recently, are there any brawl events? :bowser2:

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hi there! I've been wanting to get in the scene recently, are there any brawl events? :bowser2:
The Oregon Smash Community welcomes you.
Which city would you be looking at playing Smash in? I believe Salem Smashfests have Brawl events at their weeklies. Most of us Brawlers are happy to battle it out in Smash Wii U instead since that scene has grown quite a bit from the Brawl scene..

cmin

Smash Ace
I want to get back into Smash. Where are tournaments in Portland these days or who do I talk to that organizes the portland scene stuff? peach masta? gage? OMGage?

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
I want to get back into Smash. Where are tournaments in Portland these days or who do I talk to that organizes the portland scene stuff? peach masta? gage? OMGage?
Hey! Long time no see!

If you are interested in getting back into the scene I'd suggest checking out the links people have provided here to Facebook Groups and other sites of interest (I try to keep all the important links on the first post so nobody has to sift through a lot of past posts).

And, of course, posting here on Smashboards is the perfect way to stay in touch with the core Smasher as SWF is the heart of the Smash Community.

And Gage is around still! Just call out for us Smashers by name utilizing SWF's nifty "@" like this: Ayo, @ Peach Masta Peach Masta say hello to your boy Cmin!

Last edited:

Gamepadnews

Smash Cadet

Not much time to get your tickets for Road to Glory 3!
Master Hand tickets are SOLD OUT!
Get your 25% Crazy Hand tickets while they last!

$500 Grand Prize guaranteed

Saturday, June 20th - 12:00 NOON
Held at the Eugene Elk's Lodge
2470 W. 11th Eugene, Oregon

For more info:
Road to Glory - Season Finale Official Website

Vytrex

Smash Rookie

Saturday, June 20th - 12:00 NOON
Held at the Eugene Elk's Lodge
2470 W. 11th Eugene, Oregon

For more info:
I'll probably attend! I'm going to Michigan for a while so this might be one of my only oregon tournaments for a while! I must admit I'm pretty good

DannaR

Smash Rookie
Hey, any portland area people do regular get togethers? I play mostly PM but down for melee and 4 also. Just mostly want some good people to play against while I'm up for the summer from corvallis.

XL_

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-5463-6168
Anyone in the area near the RtG venue know any good spots to eat? I know when I finish driving down there I'm gonna be hungry as hell

T0MMY

Smash Master
Depends what you'd like to eat, how much you're looking to spend, and how much time you've got.

In the immediate area (couple min walk)
  • Luk Yuan Chinese
  • Applebee's
  • A few little places in the plaza worth investigating I'm not familiar with (sandwiches, doughnuts, and that kind of thing).

A short walk (10 min or less)
  • Ye Olde Pancake House (maybe you can money match @BC Chris in a syrup drinking contest there)
  • Golden Orient
  • Burrito Boy
  • Vietnam Restaurant

A longer walk (~15 min)
  • Hole in the Wall BBQ
  • Sub Shop 31
  • Stray Kat cafe
  • Hawaiin Time (I think there are two in the area)
  • King's Asian Market (Asian snacks/drinks/grocery)
  • LZ Chinese Cuisine (very traditional items on the menu)

A couple minutes driving eastward
  • Papa's Pizza
  • Chingu Restaurant
  • A few food carts (Mexican and Thai I think)

A couple minutes driving westward
  • a plaza with sub sandwiches, ice cream, and a Mexican restaurant
  • a little further west will take you to Fred Meyer grocery store, and some fast food restaurants.

The "Whit" is the Whitaker neighborhood with all kinds of the city's talked-about food places about 7-min drive from venue.
East on 11th from the venue, turn left and head north on Chambers then take a right and head east on 8th will get you to the Whit - I'd suggest taking a left onto Monroe which turns into Blair and see what catches your eye.
Notable places you'll first see would be
A plaza with Laughing Planet, Falling Sky Brewhouse, and a few Mexican restaurants
There's Fisherman's Market across from that plaza
A little north from the plaza is a quaint Thai Food Cart right next to Choa Pra Ya (Thai restaurant) Sweet Life Patisserie (dessert place) is on Monroe nearby
Followed by Tacovore, Pizza Research Institute, Vanilla Jill's icecream & soup shop, Izakaya and Mame's (Japanese Food) a little further to the north.
And a number of breweries northward near the barcade pretty much is the border of the Whit food.

Eastward from there and you hit downtown area with plenty more food where one of my favorite restaurants is, Lotus Garden.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Oh yeah! It's been awhile since we had a tournament with the Elks. This is gonna be great!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh yeah! It's been awhile since we had a tournament with the Elks. This is gonna be great!
The last one was Oregon Mega Games back in '08. I thought this was funny when I looked at the old tourney page:
t0mmy wrote at 12:47 AM on Sep 28, 2008 :
Try talking us into doing another one. It exhausted us of energy & money X^D
Hasn't changed much this time around, but I learned plenty from last time. Not going to be renting out a house for everyone, so probably no funny stories going to come about with the late-night parties and shenanigans. My dad still remembers Jesse to this day as "the one who jumped over the car".

Top Bottom