• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

T0MMY

Smash Master
@ N0_Worries N0_Worries : There were some people asking if the tournament was weekly or monthly, but I didn't know much about it, but it seems like there's plenty of people interested in coming back soon.

@ Peach Masta Peach Masta : Is there a Smash Wii U group that gets together for weeklies? Not sure if the already established Melee group likes to accommodate the new SSBU players with a new game.

@ Zubola Zubola : Haven't seen you in a while, hope you get all your work done and we can play some more soon. I'm still hoping to get a good session in with your Yoshi sometime :^)

N0_Worries

Smash Rookie
@T1MMY said
Talking with the other Smash 4 players I know they would love to see more events in the area as well and I'd suggest contacting the PSU Smash Club too since they play both Smash 4 and Melee and could be interested in showing up.
Do you know who I could contact to let them know about it?

@ T0MMY T0MMY said
There were some people asking if the tournament was weekly or monthly, but I didn't know much about it, but it seems like there's plenty of people interested in coming back soon.
Smash @ Disc Heroes is "technically" a bi-weekly, however, the Disc Heroes shop also runs Magic The Gathering tournaments that sometimes land on the Sunday I would normally be running a tournament on. I aim for it to be the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month to avoid conflict with GameClucks and SmashNest. I'm going to start the thread for the next one, which will be March 15th and post it here once it is done. You can also find it on facebook by typing in "Smash @ Disc Heroes" and see the details there, as the event is public :b:

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
@ N0_Worries N0_Worries The sunday after Smashnest worked out great for us because we could stay the night with a friend and come to Disc Heroes the day after. I noticed a couple other Eugene players there who did this and the Salem players were there too, so might not be too bad to have after a big event.
Got a twitter people can follow just in case a Magic event postpones the Smash event?
Maybe Oregon Smash can set up a Twitter to let everyone know stuff like this.

Last edited:

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Teddy is willing to have smash 4. I think the issue has been attendance for the last two weeks. He's in NE Portland. If you aren't in the facebook group and don't have a facebook, I can give you an address here

T0MMY

Smash Master
Smashfest at my place this friday.
Planning on making some pizza with other snacks. All are welcome, just PM me if you need an address.
Just looking to get some good practice in before Road to Glory and have some fun.

Housing is still offered to those who need it friday night as well, but also remember we have next too nothing at our place as far as furnishings go (mold got it) - bare minimum bring a blanket, pillow, towel.
Some of us may be sitting on the floor as well X^D

T0MMY

Smash Master
Missed you guys! The tourney was a blast, it really was a lot of fun and the place was packed with people from OR, WA, and a group from Idaho even came down - really awesome new people!
I was hoping Zayd would bring in a killer Amiibo, because the AvA event was actually a lot of hype. @Sideslick won with his Sparky, who was also a crowd favorite.
The 4v4 8-player showdown was also a lot of fun. About 50 people showed up and we got through 6 events by 8:00pm with lots of great matches.
Only thing I am hoping for next time is a stream and more staff so I don't have to hop in and run brackets because I really wanted to just play X^0
Oh, well, next time I will be a big player only (although I do like doing PA announcements).

And, yes, lots of talk about going to EVO happened at the tourney - there's a carpool being planned to head down there from Eugene.
I know the Salem crew is discussing going down there in their thread, who else is planning on going?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Missed you guys! The tourney was a blast, it really was a lot of fun and the place was packed with people from OR, WA, and a group from Idaho even came down - really awesome new people!
I didn't expect Idaho smashers to show up. That was really cool since they're sort of like our longitudial neighbors. But, yeah, lots of people, lots of fun. Amiibo Battles were hype.

Do you know who I could contact to let them know about it?
Unfortunately I didn't get any kind of contact info, but they must have heard about the Smash event from some place it was mentioned (I'm guessing Facebook?). Chances are they'll be back for the next one if it's given at least as much exposure as the recent Disc Heroes was.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yay, thanks for making that thread. I was thinking the same thing about where to post shoutouts for Gameclucks.

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, long time no see. I played one melee tourney and joined you guys at Big City Gaming a few times back in like.... mid 2000's. I'm looking to get into the Eugene scene, and anything big in portland. Is this the thread to follow for tournament listings, or is there a facebook group or something dedicated to the Eugene smash scene?

Thanks for any info :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey guys, long time no see. I played one melee tourney and joined you guys at Big City Gaming a few times back in like.... mid 2000's. I'm looking to get into the Eugene scene, and anything big in portland. Is this the thread to follow for tournament listings, or is there a facebook group or something dedicated to the Eugene smash scene?

Thanks for any info :)
0m3n5150, you played at the BCG tournaments in the past? Coincidentally there's an Omen that's playing now.
But to answer your question, yeah info on tournaments are posted here. There are FaceBook groups, but I don't use that website so the best I can say is to look for it there.

Speaking of tournaments, there's Fight or Flight 2 at the UO this Saturday. Registration starts at 10am, and it's probably at the same place as the last FoF (Global Scholar Hall, Great Room). Additional info can be found here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-28-2015-fight-or-flight-2-eugene-or.393858/

T0MMY

Smash Master
No internet at my place, so I am not online doing my job keeping things updated for everyone here X^)
Fight or Flight 2 was lots of fun, shoutouts to the TOs for doing a great job handling all of the work.

Will be showing up to Road to Glory 2 at Big City Gamin' on the 18th!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I hope everyone had a great Feaster! Yum, yum, yum!
Right now I feel like I'm sitting around waiting for Mewtwo to be available. :(
I love the character, but I didn't like his playstyle in Melee (and he ended up being terrible as well). I'm hoping things will be different this time around.

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Since the weekly Salem Smashfests are an hour away and aren't exactly good for weekly accessibility are there any bi-weeklies in the Portland area?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Since the weekly Salem Smashfests are an hour away and aren't exactly good for weekly accessibility are there any bi-weeklies in the Portland area?
Are you the same Dagon that I was playing friendlies with at FoF2? Didn't know you were in the Portland area. As for your question, Gage had this to say just a few posts up:
Smash House Rock happens every Friday
Salem has something saturday I think
I don't have the details on that myself, so I'd have to defer to Gage on the matter.

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Are you the same Dagon that I was playing friendlies with at FoF2? Didn't know you were in the Portland area. As for your question, Gage had this to say just a few posts up:
I am those friendlies were very fun! I did see the post but I don't see any response...

Last edited:

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Most of Portland does thing through facebook. This is the Oregon thread https://www.facebook.com/groups/340535089298820/

This is the smash 4 group. The Oregon group is for all smash even though it says Melee. The smash 4 group is completely dedicated to smash 4 https://www.facebook.com/groups/499672353506994/

We have SW Smash coming up this month https://www.facebook.com/events/1611705475713906/

The second to last Smash house Rock will be this Friday https://www.facebook.com/events/420111301501343/

TuSick

Smash Rookie
Used to play Project M a lot, was decent not any good no where near "Pro" looking to get back into smash and smash 4, looking to better my skills, and play competitively anyone that can tell me a good place to start from or start playing would be helpful. Private message or facebook or twitter. I live in the Salem area, more outwards of Stayton, and Aumsville.

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
Oh hey, sorry I didn't see your posts before. I'm the guy who runs the Salem Smashfests, which seems to be what you're looking for.
Check my signature for the link to the threads (or the Facebook group) for more info, and feel free to ask me if you have questions!

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Still looking to play smash or get better in friendlies maybe wager! Salem Area!
Salem Weeklies are just what you're looking for since they run Smash4 and P:M on the same day. Since you mentioned both those games Saturdays would be what you're looking for. Also there's a tournament in Eugene this weekend if you're interested in attending something outside the Salem area. You can find it here: http://eugenegamepad.weebly.com/road-to-glory-2.html

T0MMY

Smash Master
Road to Glory gonna be a tight squeeze if we're having it at Big City Gamin' before their remodel... explains why only one Smash game being played (no room for CRTs).

I wanted to win two big Oregon Tournaments with Diddy Kong, but now with him being super nerfed there's really no need to show off my top tier'ing X^D

itrombe

Smash Cadet
NNID
itrombe
If the last(?) smash house rock was on Friday, will there be another Portland/Beaverton weekly starting up?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
RtG was a lot of fun. Thanks to Raymond for his work and equipment and thanks to everyone who came out and played. The games I played were lots of fun, GGs to everyone. My games with Bro Bear were especially fun, I enjoyed each one of them a lot.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming RtG, as well as the Salem tournament next weekend. If anyone can make it, I highly recommend showing up since it will be Salem's 1-year anniversary event. :)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is there anybody in the brookings area please I would like to know
Brookings?
That's not in Oregon, is it?

MapQuest:
Brookings is a city in Brookings County, South Dakota, United States.

T0MMY

Smash Master
RtG was loads of fun - Raymond's first time TO'ing, so I had to show him the ropes...
Looking forward to the next one!

Top Bottom