• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
If you are interested in those fests and you don't have a facebook, I'll give you the address
yeah i don't do facebook, but I'd love those details!
I can't actually find the facebook group. >_>
Please post SSB4 info here on Smashboards too. It's as easy as a FB copy/paste. I wouldn't hear much about the Portland scene if it weren't for Gage.

Edit:
For those interested in a Smash event on Jan. 17th,
Smash City
SSB4 (1v1, 2v2, 4v4) & Melee (1v1, 2v2).

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
The Big City Gamin' tourneys are pretty awesome, looking forward to the next one.

Yeah, Gage does Smashboards a good service. I'll see about making it up to the next Portland tourney, just hope they have a bigger SSB4 turnout.

Edit: Is there a way to get the venue fee reduced for the Portland tourney? Thought I saw something posted about that.

Last edited:

Zekloroth

Banned via Warnings
Can I get a **** Iceman? Official Oregon Competitive Melee Group

Seems like people get auto banned from it sometimes, which is weird. That might be your problem. When I joined the page Gage had to unban me lmao

kulanah

Smash Rookie
Can I get a **** Iceman? Official Oregon Competitive Melee Group

Seems like people get auto banned from it sometimes, which is weird. That might be your problem. When I joined the page Gage had to unban me lmao
Ahh okay I didn't realize it was the catch all for smash 4 and such. I just applied to join.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ahh okay I didn't realize it was the catch all for smash 4 and such. I just applied to join.
It's the Melee page for FaceBook, as the group name indicates. You'll see more than Melee discussed there though, probably because the Melee tournaments being discussed often include another game such as SSB4 or Project M.

Someone from the Portland area could just go ahead and make a group specifically for SSB4 discussion. It would probably help direct people to the info they're looking for.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
It's called "can I get a **** iceman"

It's says melee, but it's for all games. The smash 4 scene is pretty small in north Oregon aka Portland area

They are currently discussing a carpool right now with 3 open seats left

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well, I'll come up for a Smash 4 event regardless if it's smaller than the locals here or not, I just want to play and check out the Portland scene. I think if people don't go to events because they are small then they are just going to stay small, so it's really important to be inclusive and try to get the out-of-town players to come. Same ol' formula it's been for years though, making an appealing tournament and trying to get more than just a local bunch to come.

Bearedman8

Smash Cadet
For those of you who don't have a Facebook page, make sure that you come to Fight or Flight in Eugene at the end of the month on the 31st!

Fight or Flight 1:
Saturday, January 31st, all day

To celebrate the perks of getting official school recognition, the Eugene Smash Bros scene has rented out a 5,000 square ft. room that is capable of seating over 300 people. With a venue that is rented out for 32 hours, a full PA system, chairs and tables for everyone, a stage, and two projectors for streaming and for displaying the bracket, this tournament will be significantly better than any previous large-scale Eugene tournament. The best part? The venue is free and the tournament is being organized by known and trusted Eugene smashers: Adam, Jarod, Matthew, Spencer, and Alex.

We have the room from 12:01 AM on January 31st to 8:00 AM on February 1st. Of course, the tournament won’t be running that whole time, but don’t worry about getting kicked out or having the brackets rushed due to time constraints.

It’s your standard smash tournament. Normal ruleset for Melee and PM. PM neutral stages are the bottom row, counterpicks include the middle row. Sm4sh ruleset TBA, but expect something similar, if not identical, to the Apex ruleset.

We’ll be running Melee singles and doubles, PM singles and doubles, a hype Eugene v. Corvallis Melee crew battle, a UO Smash Club vs. SHR! PM crew battle, and Sm4sh singles if we know that there will be at least 5 set-ups for the event.

Here’s the schedule:
10:00 – Venue opens and registration begins
11:00 – Sm4sh singles
12:00 – Melee doubles
~2:00 – Melee singles
~5:00 – Eugene v. Corvallis Melee Crew Battle
~5:30 – PM doubles
~7:00 – PM singles

Registration for Sm4sh singles closes at 10:50, and the sm4sh bracket will start strictly at 11:00. Registration for Melee doubles closes at 11:45, and the bracket will begin strictly at 12:00. Registration for all other brackets will be open up to 15 minutes before the bracket starting. We’re running a lot so we’re going to be strict on these start times.

Venue fee: FREE
Entrance fee: $5 per bracket
Prize Money will be given out to the victors of each bracket at the end of their bracket. Distribution goes 60/30/10, and will pay out more if enough people enter the bracket.

PLEASE BRING SET-UPS:
We are not charging a venue fee and are expecting this to be a large tournament, so please bring as many set-ups as you are able to. There will be a sufficient number of outlets, tables, and chairs in the room to accommodate everything. Please help make this a great tournament by bringing whatever you are able to!
If you are able to bring any part of a set-up, please indicate that on the below google doc so that we can better manage our space and resources:
http://goo.gl/a8ElvY

https://www.facebook.com/events/987498811279746/?ref=br_tf

T0MMY

Smash Master
No SSB4 doubles. It can't be due to time constraints because the venue is open until midnight. Can't be due to lack of interest, because SSB4 is big. Schedule posting error?

Also SOU Smash Society got officially recognized by the university and is having their big event on Sunday the 18th. That is one day after Gamepad's Smash City event at Big City Gamin'. Already a bustling month for Smash. I am unable to post the link here, but maybe someone else who Facebooks can get it posted.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
One hour set aside for Smash 4... do i want to drive two hours for just a few matches?

I'm thinking maybe.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
One hour set aside for Smash 4... do i want to drive two hours for just a few matches?

I'm thinking maybe.
Don't forget friendlies before/after the event. :)
There will be plenty of SSB4 for all the enthusiasts who show up.

For those of you who don't have a Facebook page, make sure that you come to Fight or Flight in Eugene at the end of the month on the 31st!
The turnout for Smash 4 will not be insignificant. Please consider at least including Doubles since people will likely be coming from out of town to compete and to help celebrate the Smash Club's official status.

Smash 4 uses exclusive equipment (HDTVs and Wii-U), so there is no problem in tying up stations that would be used for other games. The venue is reserved for 32 hours, so time shouldn't be an issue. If there's interest in SSB4 by the smashers who play it, then I don't see why they should be denied.

Last edited:

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
In case you're interested for some Smash 4/PM/Melee

TSpeeds Friday weekly fest is tomorrow

Starts tomorrow at 6pm and here's the details

5427 N Yale St

Hosting Fighting Games at my Place
Will Be Live Streaming. Stream will go live sometime between 7pm - 8pm.

Door Opens/Setup/Prep at 5pm
SHR! Officially open at 6pm
Smash 4 Singles starts at 7-7:30pm.
PM Single starts at 8-8:30pm
Melee Singles Starts at 9-9:30pm

This Week: Will be running a Brackets for Project M, Melee and Super Smash Bros. Wii U

Be sure to tune in and follow us at Twitch.tv/tspeeds

Bracket buy in is 5$ - ( You may only buy into the bracket if the bracket is still on round one. after that you're out of Luck my friend)

The main games attraction/streaming will primarily be Project M and Melee. Any contribution would be appreciated, such as set ups, consoles, monitors, ect ( I only have one set up for both Project M and Melee)

For any questions or directions dont hesitate to call/text me at (541) 231-0160

Thank You

Zubola

Smash Cadet
looking to buy a gamecube memory card, wondering if big city gamin' is likely to have some

btw see y'all this weekend ;)

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Big City Gamin' definitely has stuff like that. They usually do a gift certificate for the side events' sponsored prize, save your money and win that!
And if they don't have one, CD/Game Exchange is about a 3 minute walk from there and they also have plenty of that kind of merchandise.
It's good to have you back in the country, can't wait to see what super powers you picked up from your travels :^]

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The tourney this weekend will have some good competition with Jonix's Mystery Main and Super Sayajin Yoshi. Sounds like lots of fun!

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Hello, everyone! I've just recently moved to Oregon from San Diego, and was part of the MD/VA smash community prior to that, before Apex 2014. I've been inactive for some time, and am looking to reestablish myself as an active member in the community, while I'm here, to better learn this region, and to meet new people. I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can!

Last edited:

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
I already gave you a welcome, but welcome again.
Hope to see you around soon.
I'm so very grateful. It seems that I've ended up in quite the friendly region, and I couldn't be more thrilled and hopeful for the future, in meeting everyone!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pretty much the majority of people I meet in the world are good people who help out where they can, only a couple bad apples who are mostly just good people with some personal issues that they are trying to work out.

Don't expect us to be too friendly when we are in a tournament round with you - The way we forge iron is in fire!
Haha!

And we understand the possibility of salt, but there's no reason to take things "outside the ring". Once there's real hate directed at someone is when the line gets drawn. Oregon Smash Community has two goals: Fun and Competition.
There's no room for drama in those goals, haha.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
I'm still grateful! Not many people were as courteous in my region, when I was previously active. However, I do look forward to the competition, and am no stranger to basking in the intensity and grueling requirements of a match! I am eager to once again find myself in such a situation, and look forward to all that'll meet me, as I begin attending events again!

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
I'm located in Keizer, Oregon, right outside of Salem, and thank you! I'll send a join request as soon as possible!

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
See you all at the Big City Gamin' event tomorrow, also looking at going to the Ashland event this Sunday. Anyone else going to that? Ashland really looks like it's getting its organization going and should probably get some help from the rest of Oregon to facilitate things. I think networking Oregon is going to be an important task to get done so we can integrate Pacific Northwest in with the rest of the Smash Regions nationally.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Forgive my helplessness, but I haven't navigated the forums much since its refurbishment, and I don't yet know how to get around completely on my phone. Where is this Ashland event? Is it in Oregon?

Last edited:

Zubola

Smash Cadet
GGs to everyone today!! good to see y'all again

whoever has our intense doubles grand finals game recording should upload sometime ;)

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Today was amazing. Consistent with what I said in my Facebook post for the Salem Smashfest, everyone was absolutely amazing today, and I am eager to meet more of this region's players in the coming future. Thank you all so much for the incredible experience. I couldn't have asked for a greater first impression for both Smash 4, and all of the people here around me, with whom I'll be sharing many more events and experiences with, in the future!

I hope to meet all of you, again or for the first time, very soon.

Serynder.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Good games to everyone yesterday. So many happenin' matches.
Great to see so many new faces, glad to have Sutherland come up, and wish @ Zubola Zubola could have finished his matches but next time maybe you can stay past 6p and we'll see where you stack up in the bracket.
Shoutouts to Joey who was a new player that is really good and his teammate Aaron who is new to Smash 4 but still took top 3 in doubles with Joey and the two never played together before. Too good!

Today was amazing. Consistent with what I said in my Facebook post for the Salem Smashfest, everyone was absolutely amazing today, and I am eager to meet more of this region's players in the coming future.
Good to hear you had a Smashing time in Salem!
That's a great place for introductions to your local area. Sorry I didn't get back to you about your question regarding Ashland - seems they forgot to put up a Smashboards event about it so I heard about it through word of mouth only.
I ended up not going to that and competing in the Worldwide Smash tournament - ended up getting 5th place in my bracket though! That's reassuring because I am so unfamiliar with online, also I only lost to the top 3 players. Such a close last game too, my opponent wants to upload the replay so I'll link to it when it's available.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Good games to everyone I got to play in Melee & Smash 4. There was some good competition and I had a lot of fun playing. I loved meeting the new players and also seeing the 'ol Melee & Brawl players that showed up as well. Shout-outs to Mr. Crits for the intense games we had.

GGs to everyone today!! good to see y'all again
It was great seeing you again - you definitely improved since the trip to Japan. It was fun teaming with you and I'm glad our Kirby/Yoshi did well with our first go-at-it.

GGs to everyone again, and I'm looking forward to the February event which will be even more hype.

Hello, everyone! I've just recently moved to Oregon from San Diego, and was part of the MD/VA smash community prior to that, before Apex 2014.
Welcome! It's always nice to see a new smasher in the area. I hope to see you at a tourney soon. I'll look for you when I can make it up to another Salem event.

Last edited:

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Good to hear you had a Smashing time in Salem!
That's a great place for introductions to your local area. Sorry I didn't get back to you about your question regarding Ashland - seems they forgot to put up a Smashboards event about it so I heard about it through word of mouth only.
I ended up not going to that and competing in the Worldwide Smash tournament - ended up getting 5th place in my bracket though! That's reassuring because I am so unfamiliar with online, also I only lost to the top 3 players. Such a close last game too, my opponent wants to upload the replay so I'll link to it when it's available.
Yeah, it was a really great experience! I hope to be able to make it to any and all events that take place here, in the future! And aw, that's still a nice performance, but if you know you can do better, I bet you will keep practicing, right? :D

Welcome! It's always nice to see a new smasher in the area. I hope to see you at a tourney soon. I'll look for you when I can make it up to another Salem event.
Absolutely! It'll be nice to meet the person that my brother was previously so fascinated by, when he and I first became active in the Smash community; where he started out as a Kirby main!

T0MMY

Smash Master
whoever has our intense doubles grand finals game recording should upload sometime ;)
I didn't get to see the doubles match! I hope those got saved. I know me & Zayd had some real crowd pleaser moments in Melee teams, can't save replays in Melee though! Oh well, next time will have a stream though :^]

Yeah, it was a really great experience! I hope to be able to make it to any and all events that take place here, in the future! And aw, that's still a nice performance, but if you know you can do better, I bet you will keep practicing, right? :D
For sure!
After a few weeklies maybe you'd like to come down to the February Qualifier? Should be a blast!
And I think I'll try out this online thing a bit more, it was actually pretty tolerable this time around - not sure why. I'm going to hang out at Anther's ladder and see how it goes.
But considering the best player in the world was in our pool and only top 2 got out, I think I did pretty well for not being an online player and not being able to play my main (they had a dumb Apex type rule that pretty much made Mii unplayable).
I'll see how it goes in the future though, thanks - and if you ever want to play online I can give you my NNID :^]

Last edited:

Zubola

Smash Cadet
It was great seeing you again - you definitely improved since the trip to Japan. It was fun teaming with you and I'm glad our Kirby/Yoshi did well with our first go-at-it.
yeah haha, I improved for sure :D Yoshi's Dreamland ftw

btw was that your setup we played smash 4 doubles finals on?

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, I had mine at the front. I'm guessing that's the one you saved to.
I am planning on getting a video capture device soon, I used to just bring an SD card and save my replays to that to watch later, but I'm not familiar with how to do that in Smash 4 (Brawl asked to save to SD card when saving, but it doesn't do that this time).
When I get a capture device maybe that will be easier though.

Can I send replays online? I could send it to you or someone to do video capture.
Guess it's time I look into more than just Smash Tour for this game. Online battles and game replay knowledge level up!

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
For sure!
After a few weeklies maybe you'd like to come down to the February Qualifier? Should be a blast!
And I think I'll try out this online thing a bit more, it was actually pretty tolerable this time around - not sure why. I'm going to hang out at Anther's ladder and see how it goes.
But considering the best player in the world was in our pool and only top 2 got out, I think I did pretty well for not being an online player and not being able to play my main (they had a dumb Apex type rule that pretty much made Mii unplayable).
I'll see how it goes in the future though, thanks - and if you ever want to play online I can give you my NNID :^]
That'd be really nice, if I could! I'll definitely try to be available for that weekend, and if I'm able to find a way to commute, I'll definitely be in attendance! Is there possibly a thread for that event that I could take a look at?

Also! I don't yet own a Wii U, unfortunately! But hopefully, along the line, I'll manage to purchase one! Then I'd gladly play whenever I have the time!

Thanks again for helping me find my way around to where I needed to be, at the beginning of all of this! I would've been lost, otherwise. Bwaha. I'm still kinda unfamiliar with using the forums, but I seem to be picking it up a little better now, thanks to you! I definitely can't wait to meet you and thank you personally!

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't think there's a thread here for the Road to Glory #1 event yet, but there's a website where they post the info first: GamepadArena
The SWF event thread usually follows soon after the last event as well as NDJ, TourneyLocator, and Facebook event pages.
Chances are there will be a carpool or two or three from the north coming down for the february event because it seems to be getting a lot of attention. @Sideslick said he wanted to get a Washington carpool down for that one, but see if @Jaxas has travel plans for Salem since that would be your "crew" who would help out.

Speaking of the Spring Qualifier...
Big news, Pwneroni texted me and said he should be available for the February event to make it his Smash 4 debut! Just needs a ride since his car is (alas) no more.
Maybe @ kulanah kulanah or @ Zekloroth Zekloroth could help him find a ride? He really doesn't post anywhere, but I'm sure everyone would love to see him make it down (he is a very respected Smasher and has beaten Tearbear in tournament).

Top Bottom