• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Good suggestion on the Nunchuck, but I got my friend to stop using the "Wii Stick" as he called it, in favor of the GC controller, so it would be like being a hypocrite if he saw me using it, haha. But mostly I don't used wireless controllers since I abandoned them after the start of Brawl when interference or batteries cost me some matches in tournaments. I should be fine as long as I cut back on playing in all the events.
Heard Salem might not be down next Friday due to Kumoricon, so big weekly will probably be pushed back another week. A good start into September :^)
yeah i might not be able to make it to your tournaments if i can't carpool with Salem which would be kind of unnecessary because of the fact that i live in portland and all of the other guys live in salem. the only other guys are zeo and bubs who i am not sure if they are regulars

T0MMY

Smash Master
Hope there's something that works out for you around your area.
Jazz PM'd me and said when M2K & Mango were playing on the Smash the Record stream me and/or t1mmy were mentioned (probably because one of the players were playing Kirby). Not sure what it was about since I wasn't watching, and not sure where to find it either, I even checked the front page post here.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sam showed up last night and he made sure to remind me: same place, same time (noon).
Either way, I'm looking forward to some Smash tomorrow.

...when M2K & Mango were playing on the Smash the Record stream me and/or t1mmy were mentioned...Not sure what it was about since I wasn't watching, and not sure where to find it either,
You can find the livestream here:
http://www.twitch.tv/gamingknights1

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Next big Monthly happening in Eugene September 27th at the UO. More details to come.
The UO Smash weeklies are starting again, we held the fall '14 debut yesterday at the Global Scholar Hall where they will be held - Matt said he has Sundays available so looking at Sunday Smashfests there.

Since UO weeklies are happening, the Springfield weeklies look like they may come to an end, this friday is canceled - hopefully see everyone at UO GSH and on the big tournament the 27th.

Just a bit of criticism about the video posted: Overall very sensible play, spacing looks pretty good but option of attack could be better - this could be from a "hard finger" play where most inputs are hard inputs, dashes/smashes/etc.; try to relax the hands and get more tilts and walks in it helps with the spacing and less "nooby" attack options (i.e. raw smash attacks).
Also, I like the Ninja tag.
I didn't watch most of it because I am working and a bit busy, but I'll try to return to it at another time.

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Next big Monthly happening in Eugene September 27th at the UO. More details to come.
The UO Smash weeklies are starting again, we held the fall '14 debut yesterday at the Global Scholar Hall where they will be held - Matt said he has Sundays available so looking at Sunday Smashfests there.

Since UO weeklies are happening, the Springfield weeklies look like they may come to an end, this friday is canceled - hopefully see everyone at UO GSH and on the big tournament the 27th.

i can go all of the way to Salem but i don't want to spend two hours driving there and back which would take 2 hours each way if i ever spend a saturday night in salem i'd be sure to come

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
Too short notice for me to make it, gotta give me a month in advance :( I will be able to make it to the smash 4 tourney on the 11th, though :)

Zubola

Smash Cadet
hello oregon smashers

was wondering where i could get info on any planned smash 4 3ds tourneys upon the release of the game (if any), kinda new here

thanks!

edit: i think i found it, dont mind me

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Let's see...
I'd have to agree with T0mmy; most of what you need to work on at the moment is picking the *best* move (or movement option) for the situation. He also had a good point about adding the tilt options into your game, rather than just taps.
For example, you use your Usmash a lot where other moves would serve the purpose better.

Also, if you need something to practice as Marth you can always practice reliably getting tippers.

Other than that, you look to be at the point where you just need to keep practicing; you're doing pretty well, honestly.

(Also, if anyone disagrees with me let me know; I'm probably not the best at seeing what people need to improve on, but that's something I want to get better at)

Sounds awesome, I'll definitely be able to make it with at least some of Salem. We're a bit short on rides, but at least a few of us will be able to attend. Let me know if you want any help with anything, too!

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
Let's see...
I'd have to agree with T0mmy; most of what you need to work on at the moment is picking the *best* move (or movement option) for the situation. He also had a good point about adding the tilt options into your game, rather than just taps.
For example, you use your Usmash a lot where other moves would serve the purpose better.

Also, if you need something to practice as Marth you can always practice reliably getting tippers.

Other than that, you look to be at the point where you just need to keep practicing; you're doing pretty well, honestly.
yeah right now I feel like I just need more high human practice im in the scenario where I just wanna live in Salem lol

T0MMY

Smash Master
More (and regular) human vs human practice is definitely what helps a lot with Brawl. Not so much SSB64 or Melee as more bulk of the practice is tech practice and "combo" practice which can be done with a CPU.
Eliseo is back from Mexico and is looking to get back into regular Brawl practice so we are probably going to be setting Brawl up over at the UO on Sundays or maybe starting up another Friday session - still looking to play in the Salem weeklies as well :^)

T0MMY

Smash Master
It's not really worth it to get the game a couple weeks before we can play it here - demo available to download this Friday I heard.
Are you looking for someone to play online with?

Moochero

Smash Cadet
preferably in person. Hoping maybe someone in the Portland area got one. I should probably also bite the bullet and make a facebook as it doesn't seem like much of Portland is active here lol.

Zubola

Smash Cadet
Did anyone get a JP 3DS?
preferably in person. Hoping maybe someone in the Portland area got one. I should probably also bite the bullet and make a facebook as it doesn't seem like much of Portland is active here lol.
I do, though I live about an hour drive from Portland

Can hit you up if i have the chance to go up there sometime though~

Moochero

Smash Cadet
Would you be willing to play online at all? I'd actually really like to try it with someone close by to see how the connection is. For glory ranges from surprisingly good to "all this rosalina does is roll and I want to kill myself" bad.

I don't have any idea how to add people on a 3ds lol, but my nintendo ID is Moocherino

Zubola

Smash Cadet
Would you be willing to play online at all? I'd actually really like to try it with someone close by to see how the connection is. For glory ranges from surprisingly good to "all this rosalina does is roll and I want to kill myself" bad.

I don't have any idea how to add people on a 3ds lol, but my nintendo ID is Moocherino
Sure thing, would also like to see if closer people are less laggy lol (ones in Japan aren't too bad but yeah...)

Home menu -> the orange smiley face on the top edge on the bottom screen -> Exchange FCs

Mines 4167-4531-9731, can hit me up on skype if you wanna play sometime. ID: mkzubola

Really looking forward to playing people in person though :p

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yeah, Tyler. Everyone uses the facebook group.
Yep, it was Smash that finally made me make a Facebook as well, and it's certainly the best place for it. Smashboards is good for metagame information and discussion, but Facebook is home for tournament listings, at least from what I've seen.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just found out there are actually quite a few people south of Portland that has SSB4. Not sure about Portland though.
SWF is for the hardcore cool hipster Smash geeks, hence all the metagame discussion and lack of casuals (or at least the tourney **** guard it as best they can from the scrubs).

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
Nice, who's keeping that updated (besides you for our tourney)?
I don't travel for Melee tournaments though.
Sam goes up to Portland for Street Fighter on Mondays, are they doing P:M there?

Zubola

Smash Cadet
Just found out there are actually quite a few people south of Portland that has SSB4. Not sure about Portland though.
SWF is for the hardcore cool hipster Smash geeks, hence all the metagame discussion and lack of casuals (or at least the tourney **** guard it as best they can from the scrubs).
owow, may i ask how i can get in contact with them? would really like to get some in-person practice and meet players

also if anyone can link me this facebook group that would be nice, sound like that's where all the action happens

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
SSB4-demo party tomorrow! :D
Anyone in Eugene, let's get together and play awesome 2-min Timed Matches!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Turns out I think they just had the Nintendo Club demo a week ahead of time, I thought they were playing it because they had an import, sorry.

Jonix

Smash Cadet
NNID
JKshaw
I refuse to use Allis brawl from the glitchy pop ups that it is providing, but on the tournament this page you have it at $5 for each event. For brawl and Melee Singles on Facebook I have it as $10, did you want me to switch it to $5 each or what?

T0MMY

Smash Master
I refuse to use Allis brawl from the glitchy pop ups that it is providing, but on the tournament this page you have it at $5 for each event. For brawl and Melee Singles on Facebook I have it as $10, did you want me to switch it to $5 each or what?
Yeah, AiB is getting really annoying with their popups and stuff (unless you use Firefox > all browsers > poop > Google Chrome). I mostly just want to use AiB for displaying tournament information and use SWF for discussion.
I just went with the standard $5. I'm not sure what everyone was telling you they wanted, so I will switch it to the original $10 and if everyone wants $5 then I'll change it. So don't worry about it, just keep it the same and I'll reflect the original post. Although I'm not sure if I have the money to spare for entering $10 events and if I'm hosting I may just host instead of play since I can't focus on competing when I'm working.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
All I want to play is SSB4 right now - sorry other Smash games. :-\
I'll still enter Brawl, but I feel like I'm looking forward to playing the SSB4 demo with everyone more.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
How 'bout that Nintendo-sponsored tournament, eh? Oregon carpool, go!

T0MMY

Smash Master
An Oregon carpool would be legit, so far I have plans on getting up to Portland for my pre-ordered copy and then heading up north to meet with Masky.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Rubrub is in Eugene now and trying to set up a time to get together and play so we'll use that as a time to chat about our plans. Maybe all of us can find a car/driver(s) and cruise through Salem and pick you up. Masky has already offered us housing :^)

Top Bottom