• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Randomly in Portland today. I'll see if I can hit up the homies. <3

Zekloroth

Banned via Warnings
We do everything for Melee and PM through our Facebook page. Northern Oregon doesn't have that much of a brawl scene if that's what you're into.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340535089298820/

We have a tournament this Saturday at Guardian Games. We average about 45-60 people a month

https://www.facebook.com/events/514332455343116/
I was at the GG tournament yesterday. Loads of fun, glad I'm becoming a member of this scene.

However, I tried following the group page link only to get a "content not found" screen.

Last edited:

Pasqual

Smash Journeyman
Hey people. I was at the GG tournament as well, my first Smash tourney since moving to Portland 5 years ago pretty much. I went under the handle Unicorn in brackets and used the tag 'kappa' when playing, played Peach/Ivy/Doc. GGs to people! I'm glad to be getting back into the scene with PM.

Last edited:

Zekloroth

Banned via Warnings
We do everything for Melee and PM through our Facebook page. Northern Oregon doesn't have that much of a brawl scene if that's what you're into.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/340535089298820/

We have a tournament this Saturday at Guardian Games. We average about 45-60 people a month

https://www.facebook.com/events/514332455343116/
I was at the GG tournament yesterday. Loads of fun, glad I'm becoming a member of this scene.

However, I tried following the Facebook link only to get a "content not found" screen.
try searching "Official Oregon Competitive Melee Group" on facebook
No luck. Think if I added you privately you could invite me instead?

T0MMY

Smash Master
GG was fun. I didn't have the money to enter anything but got helped out with fees for P:M.
Managed to borrow a controller and had a random ride up there so it was kind of a one chance thing, but would like to show up some more since playing was fun. I've been so out of competition the last 2 years when the Brawl scene died but now that EVO revived Melee I wouldn't mind playing that more if I can scrape up enough to get a used GC & controller to practice with.
There's a lot of Melee players in Eugene, and a UO tourney planned for June 14th.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And thanks, Gage, for the couch before/after the GG tourney. It seems like forever since I was last up to Portland. We should be able to show up a little more often now that most everything has been worked out with our living conditions.

Zekloroth

Banned via Warnings
GG was fun. I didn't have the money to enter anything but got helped out with fees for P:M.
Managed to borrow a controller and had a random ride up there so it was kind of a one chance thing, but would like to show up some more since playing was fun. I've been so out of competition the last 2 years when the Brawl scene died but now that EVO revived Melee I wouldn't mind playing that more if I can scrape up enough to get a used GC & controller to practice with.
There's a lot of Melee players in Eugene, and a UO tourney planned for June 14th.
And thanks, Gage, for the couch before/after the GG tourney. It seems like forever since I was last up to Portland. We should be able to show up a little more often now that most everything has been worked out with our living conditions.

Mad respect for you both as players. I hope you guys can make it to the next GG because its fun playing you guys.

MysteriousJ

Smash Rookie
Hello! I live in hillsboro, I've been playing melee since launch (very casually), and I want to meet people and get better at the game. Wasn't aware of the tournaments at guardian games until right after the last one, so I hope there will be another soon!

Also, I tried clicking Join on the facebook group page, and now it just says "This content is currently unavailable." Yay facebook.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
It seems that it's been doing that lately. If you message me on Facebook (Gage Hanna) I can invite you. Guardian Games tournaments will no longer happen. We are parting ways with them, but me and another player are in the mix of starting a brand new serious series. We're just looking for a venue right now. Also there is probably going to be a big smashfest in Portland this saturday with a possible mini tournament.

Last edited:

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I heard about Guardian Games no longer hosting Smash, but I don't know the details. The tournament seemed to run well enough and it generated a lot of business so I was expecting lots more Guardian Game events in the future.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Don't have much ability to post very often, but we should see everyone at the Best Buy demo. Maybe we can stop by Gage n' Shane's and finish our cleaning while we're in town X^D
Hope to see everyone at the UO tourney on the 21st too.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The Best Buy Smash-Fest was lots of fun. I'm really looking forward to making the trip up again to play on Saturday. I know Gamer_Mason said he was planning on showing up then. I'm really hoping to see some more familiar faces again.

T0MMY

Smash Master
So much fun at BB Smash-fest! I was happy to be in the first group to play, but the "Mario Guy" as people called him was saying "I am first to play, I'm first!" and didn't realize the rest of us were already playing while he was dancing around, very funny, haha.
It was good seeing a lot of Smash friends I hadn't seen in a long time. First ran into Doc Holiday who said "We were just talking about you two!" and then the Portland Smashers and a surprise cameo from Fev, the greatest Wolf/Jigglypuff/TO ever.
I handed out so many fliers people asked for more than one, so ran over another batch of them and ran out of those as well.
Great things are happening, and looking forward to it all. Let's keep things classy, friendly, and competitive. It's good to be a Smasher in Oregon.

Anuubis

Smash Rookie
Hey all I search bar-ed OREGON and came to this thread. I'm a smash feign moving from Detroit to Portland in a couple weeks, hope to meet you all and to join the scene!!! I gotta figure out where you meet because I can't not play. Looking forward to adventures and smashing.

-A

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
We can't host tournaments at GG anymore :/. We got too big for them and they couldn't hold us there anymore. Me and a few other players are working on starting a new tournament series. We just need to find a consistent, affordable venue

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was expecting to see you Wednesday, Gage, then Seth told me you had work on Saturday and I made this face:
: - /

There is definitely a lot of interest in Smash due to the looming release of Smash 3DS. It seemed like everyone wanted a flier for the upcoming UO tourney on the 21st.

I had just as much fun meeting new Smashers as I did playing the demo. :D

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah I couldn't go because there was a miscommunication and I didn't get picked up. It's okay though, it sounded like it was miserable waiting in that line forever to play 2 minutes

T0MMY

Smash Master
We brought chairs, a 3DS, and stuff to make sandwiches, it was actually a lot of fun in our part of the line. Plus I had to hand out fliers to people. I've run out of fliers 3 times now handing them out and posting them, so the UO Allstars tourney might be more work than I was hoping for... but it's worth it having a successful tourney... also I won't be feeling like I am dying and my brains exploding through my eye sockets at this one because I am doing well with my recovery :^)

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Is there anyone who would be passing through Salem on their way back from the OU Allstars tournament who could help us carpool back? We (there's 3 of us) could chip in for gas and stuff too

I can bring 3 setups, but we only have a ride up there and I won't be able to bring them if we're getting back on the train...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sorry that the last UO event diminished any expectations of future events. I was heading the organization for this one and we finished all events. Thought we were going to run too late with P:M, but I couldn't be more pleased with how the event ended :^)
Many people asked when the next one was and I am looking to help get another organized by end of July. If not, it will look to be the first couple weeks of August. Hoping for an even bigger and better event next time and somehow make it even more fun ^_^

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
The tournament was amazing this time; not only did you guys get through all the events, but that was with a number of false starts (people showing up late, the street being closed down for construction, etc)

Let me know when the next tournament is, and I'll see if we can carpool a bunch of people from the my local group up!

adPEXtwinDoNG

Smash Cadet
i just moved to portaland and I am new to the smash scene is there a Project M or SSBB tournament i could go to?
There are weeklies for PM hosted at a couple people's houses. Check the Facebook group. Theres at least one person who plays Brawl in the metro area I think. It won't be hard to spot him if you mention Brawl.

T0MMY

Smash Master
P:M is pretty big in Eugene with the UO guys, if you are willing to travel there is usually a big tourney for all the Smash games down here at the UO, I believe the last one had P:M coming in with the most entrants, somewhere around 25?
Whenever a tournament is big enough I'll have it posted on the front page here.
Zack is looking at getting another room for the next UO tourney, I'll update here when I hear from him.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
i just moved to portaland and I am new to the smash scene is there a Project M or SSBB tournament i could go to?
If you're willing to travel a bit the Salem Smashfests (my signature) are Brawl weeklies.

We'll be starting up larger monthly tournaments in the future as well, but that might not be for another month or two.

T0MMY

Smash Master
If Portlanders show up to one of the Salem weeklies I'll try to make it up. Salem has always been a good hub for OR Smash, but it's been vacant of any kind of leadership since Fev stepped down from office. It'd be great to have someone head things up there again.

The_SuperiorTaste

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperiorTaste
3DS FC
0834-2018-7252
Let me know when another UO tourney happens asap. I work weekends now, so the sooner I know the date, the more likely I'll be able to show up :)

Dagon97

Smash Journeyman
If you're willing to travel a bit the Salem Smashfests (my signature) are Brawl weeklies.

We'll be starting up larger monthly tournaments in the future as well, but that might not be for another month or two.
are they always on monday @ 4PM PST?

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Yep, every week!
I generally show up closer to 3 to get set up though, so people tend to show up early and play friendlies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I am just waiting for an opportunity to show up there and Smash with you guys. Sounds like fun!
And I will let everyone know when the next UO event is, it's all up to Zack when he can get a room schedule. Last one was so much fun I'm looking forward to helping coordinate another as soon as possible.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I am just waiting for an opportunity to show up there and Smash with you guys. Sounds like fun!
And I will let everyone know when the next UO event is, it's all up to Zack when he can get a room schedule. Last one was so much fun I'm looking forward to helping coordinate another as soon as possible.
I'm looking forward to it, let me know when.
And there's a solid group down here who would be interested in attending the next Eugene tournament; currently it's looking like around 5 or 6. We're all looking forward to it!

T0MMY

Smash Master
My phone charger got lost at the UO tourney and the spare cord got mangled, so I'm not sure if I am missing any notifications about another UO tourney opportunity or not. But maybe I can help set up something to happen in Salem. I helped set up and coordinate the UO tourney and there were tons of new people there, plus Salem is closer to Corvallis/Portland so it'd be more appealing for people to travel out of city just that short distance. If there's a way I can help out I'll break open my change jar and see if I can get another phone charger so I can stay in contact better.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hey, that'd be awesome; we'd be totally willing to help host something down here.

Best of luck finding the charger!

Top Bottom