• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon PR! updated 10/17/2014

Binx

Smash Master
Eggz
FoosJr
Bart
Binx
Mayan Ryan
Seth
Jiz]zard
Brick
Adam
Kieth

This is my extremely biased thoughts, although I may have ranked myself too high, also I think Steven should be on here soon maybe?

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
Eggz
Foos
Gage (He went to the first Guardian Games right? I don't think he should be taken off for missing 1)
Jiz zard
Adam (Because he isn't good versus ICs)
Ryan
Bart
Binx
Seth
Bird (I don't know who bird is but everyone else thinks he's good so I'll trust them)

If everyone disagrees that Gage should be on, then put Keith at 10.

I might have put Justin too low by a place or two, but I needed to balance him putting himself as 4th on his list.

Also we should just wait a week for Guardian Games.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
1Eggz
2Foos
3Gage
4Adam(consistently plays well with one tournament where he did poorly)
5Ben(similar to Adam, he just seems to have a slightly harder time versus some people and will probably do worse overall)
6Bart(lots of good wins, I know he beats Ben, but I think it would be fair to give Ben the higher spot, since Bart is just now being put on)
7Brick (lost to bart and adam, goes even with ben and I think he beats everyone below him except he goes even with Paul, Ryan hasn't played him in a while, and Kieth beat him the last times they played)
8Bird(very similar to Brick, just goes to a few less tourneys and I don't know how he does versus some people)
9Seth (He is really good, beats some people, including Bart, I think he loses to everyone else above him. I don't know if eh should be switched with Paul though, I haven't seen them play. Giving Paul 8 instead of Seth is just a gut feeling I guess.)
10Ryan (I don't know if he has any big wins recently, but I think I remember him losing to Seth, he also lost to Joey, he could go up)
-or-
10Binx (beat Seth and Adam, that might be it though, not sure if he should go on instead of Ryan)

I didn't put myself on because I've yet to do anything good in Oregon, and last tourney I lost to Adam and Seth, so I'll stay off until I do well. I'm better out of state because people don't know the MU, but I don't think that should affect the PR too much. I think I should go on whenever I have an Oregon tourney that I do really well in, maybe top 5. I think everyone on the PR has gotten top 5 at a decently sized tourney at least once, maybe not Seth(he got top 5 at a Portland only one though)

Balloon

Smash Lord
1. Shane
2. Zach
3. Gage
4. Adam
5. Bart
6. Ben
7. Ryan

that's as far as I know...

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
No offense to gage cause hes the homie but he hasnt come to any tournaments in this 'grading period' (im counting the first 2 ggs, the Springfield tourny, and this next gg).

I also dont think he cares anymore for what its worth.

LOOOL AT THESE LISTS DOE. Binx would you mind elaborating on why you chose each person for each spot?

bart sucks **** and is bad at this game

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
No offense to gage cause hes the homie but he hasnt come to any tournaments in this 'grading period' (im counting the first 2 ggs, the Springfield tourny, and this next gg).

I also dont think he cares anymore for what its worth.

LOOOL AT THESE LISTS DOE. Binx would you mind elaborating on why you chose each person for each spot?

bart sucks **** and is bad at this game

Binx went even in friendlies with you Ben, so he is obviously better than you which is why he put himself higher on the list.

I like Ryan's list (except for 9th and 10th which I will claim once I win the next Guardian games)

Eggz
FoosJr
Adam
****ard
Bart
Mayan Ryan
Binx
Seth
Bird
Brick

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Ben >> Binx unless Binx substantially improved since the last time I played him.

Steven, Paul and Nolan (9&10) will slaughter you. All these people sleeping on Corvallis. . .

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
I wasn't being serious in Binx being better than Ben, at all.

I don't think I am very far from being on the PR. I think it would be pretty reasonable to say I am top 15, but I don't think I am top 10 yet.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I suck at detecting internet sarcasm.

It is really hard to say who is and who isn't top 10 or 15, since there are so many players that have a shot at it. For example, Anthony Kieth Joey Jarod Oliver and myself are players(who still play regularly and have been to tournaments in the last few months) who aren't on the PR suggestions who I think would beat you.

That isn't even counting people in Oregon who are inactive.

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
That's fine, we haven't played in a while. I have gotten better (I am sure you have too) Keith would probably **** me, and I am not too sure about any of the other people you listed are (because I don't know who they are)

I still have a lot of shaky match ups though (which shouldn't be ignored if I were to ever be suggested for the PR). Who do Anthony Joey Jarod and Oliver play?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I'm flattered that yall put me so high, but yeah I shouldn't be on this list. The only tournaments I entered was this last GC where I got 13th and the GC 2 months ago where I got 9th

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Anthony plays fast fallers.
Jarod plays Marth.
Oliver doesn't play anymore but if he did he'd play Falco
Peach Masta is Gage
I don't know who Joey is.
Logan needs to work on his sarcasm matchup.
All of Eugene is coming to Guardian Games!

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Sucks that Oliver doesn't play anymore :\

Joey is the Corvallis Falcon.

Me vs. sarcasm is actually unwinnable, such a dumb MU. Sarcasm should be banned.

I'll see you guys there :D

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Ok so that was a good turnout! I wish I played better but everyone has an off day right?

Right?.....

Anyways my opinion for the new pr
1eggz
2foos
3adam
4jizzard
5bart
6mayanryan
7brick
8no u
9binx
10purpletuce/gnome(or whatever your name is now steven)

Top 2 are a given

Adam has been doing really good and beaten everyone beneath him consistently. Consistent tournament placings(9th, 2nd, 4th)

Ive been fairly consistent and more often than not beat/outplace the people beneath me. Placed 4th, 3rd, 3rd, and 9th

Bart has been putting in work and has the skill to move up the list. He placed 2nd, 4th, and 7th but loses to the people above him more than he beats them.

6-9 are pretty close. Each person has done noteworthy things. Ryan has done better in tournament than the others. Brick beat brandondorf. I think seth is really good. He can beat people above him but he just doesnt have the tournament placings to back it up. Plus he is new to the pr. Binx can do well but has lost to 'lesser'(no offense to anyone) players.

10th spot is kind of a toss up. I know both logan and steven have been working hard to improve themselves. I just think logan has the upperhand as far as tourny placings and players he has beaten.

COME AT ME BROS

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
First off, I'm going to post on the Facebook as well, I think we should move this discussion there, because it seems like a better place to get the conversation moving.

My new list considering Saturday(abstaining myself):
1 Eggz
2 Foos
3 Adam
4 J|zzard
5 Nolan (lots of important wins, although he lost twice to Adam)
6 Paul (He has only been to one tournament lately, so maybe inactive, but I think beats everyone below him except maybe Bart (they only played once.))
7 Bart (He might be better than Paul and Nolan, but he is new to the PR and I think the existing members should be given the benefit of the doubt, similar to how we placed Gage at 6th after he beat Foos)
8 No U (He beat Bart but doesn't have as many people that he has beat)
9 Ryan (he is really good, but has some recent losses)
10 Binx (I only think he beat Adam recently, but he is good so eh should be on here)
Pertinent information for my placement:

I'm super inconsistent, and due to people not knowing the MU, I perform better out of state. I have recently beaten WA's 6(Oreo),7(Iceman), 9(Banana) and 10(WAtofu) spots. I lose to Eggz(although I almost got him Saturday because he was being dumb and went Ganon), lose to Foos(he destroys me), lose to Adam(usually close, but he has always won), I think overall I lose to J|zzard(although we go back a little, never beaten him in tourney), lose to Nolan(always close though), Paul destroys me with Falco, I lost to Bart the only time I played him, but it definitely felt like it could go either way. I lost to No U the last time I played him in tournament, but I feel like I could beat him (I beat him before). I beat Ryan Saturday, but it felt like he wasn't on point, and he has beaten me many more times than I have beaten him. I beat Binx but it felt like it was even, he might have beaten me if he went Fox from the start. Also worth noting: I lost a dollar to Steven, but he wouldn't rematch, I think I beat him. Yoshi-Peach is hard, and although the last time I played Kieth, I won, I wouldn't be surprised if he beat me in the future, he is good.

No U

Smash Journeyman
Hurray for always choking in tournaments always. barely lost to Dave who I 5-0'd at a tourney like 2 weeks ago because I kept giving him the easiest punishes ever and missing basic tech -_- I disgust myself.

and then I lost to shane and brandon in p:m and ***** both of them in mms immediately afterwards lol. so it goes

oh well here's my take on the pr

1. Eggz
2. Foos
3. Adam
4. Jizzard
5. Bart
6. Brick (he rests better than the other jiggs noobs, beat Brandondorf)
7. Ryan
8. Anthony Gesswein (nobody else has mentioned him for the pr but I go about 50/50 with him and I've seen him have really close sets with Adam and Ben, I think he could take most of the people others are putting in the 9th/10th spots at least)
9. Binx
10. No U (I should be 4th if I could play consistently well, since I've beaten ben in all 3 of our last mms and I'm 2 for 2 in sets against Bart, and I don't think ryan or brick should stand a chance against me, and I've only lost to binx cuz I played terrible and/or went Ganon against him. plus I ***** Allen consistently when I first moved over here who used to be 3rd on the pr. but I can't hold it down in tourney and always psyche myself out against noobs so I'll just say I deserve 10th if anything)

Edit: @purpletuce you have a lot of faith in Bird, but I beat him pretty consistently too. he did beat me at the first tourney I faced him in several months ago but I've won all our mms since except when I tried luigi vs kirby >_>

Also, I'm down to MM anybody in this state except foos/eggz (I'll take any of their scrubby alts though :p), just let me know if you see me at a tourney. If we want to get a more reasonable pr going we should do what WA does and allow everyone to do a single monthly best of 5 pr pride set against the ranked players which would be recorded and used to update the rankings the next month. Anybody interested in that?

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
Is Bird's Luigi as good as his Falco? If his Falco isn't as good as Ben's then I don't think he could beat me, Justin, or Seth.

Also I'll money match anyone except eggz/foos too, I was too scared to do it last GG, but I feel more confident now.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
His falco is at least as good as mine. i beat him in a seriously in eugene. When he was only playing falco I would say he was better

Gnomeosaurus

Smash Rookie
Oh okay, I have just never seen him play.

I appreciate recognition of me getting better, but certain match ups of mine just suck big donkey balls (like peach). Until I can beat like Keith, and get a rematch for purpletuce I would still say I am not there yet.

I need to money match everyone on the PR, because I only got to play against 2 people in the tournament because I got knocked out so early, which is another reason I think I am like, 13th.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Binx you should get the tournament brackets from Ryan and update the 1st post.

No U bringing the johns to critical levels.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Paul is good, I know he sucks vs. Shiek though. He is really good at beating spacies though, I think he is second only to Shane(Eggz) at spacie vs spacie when he is on point.

I believe in him, I think he is good. Maybe I'm just biased. I also think Joey is a big name on there and I could see him going on before Steven.

I'm definitely biased though.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
My list is Ben's list but with Paul at 10th

1 | Eggz | Fox
2 | Foos | Sheik
3 | Adam | Fox
4 | J!zzard | Falco
5 | Bart | Marth
6 | Ryan | Jigglypuff
7 | Brick | Jigglypuff
8 | No U | Sheik
9 | Binx | Sheik
10 | Bird | Bluigi/Falco

Paul at 10th cause he sometimes plays amazingly.
7-9 I have no idea.
I think Ryan deserves 6th though.

I'm gonna level up Keith and Jarod so they'll be on the PR next time.
Lol jk. Jarod's never going to be on the PR.

EDIT: Old PR https://smashboards.com/threads/oregon-pr-updated-10-17-2014.314665/page-25#post-15649815

Last edited:

Joseidon

Smash Rookie
I am Joey a.k.a Smurf a.k.a Joseidon, king of the Jocean. If anyone wants me to take their lunch money via smash, hit me up next tournament.

Also, I think Ryan's latest Facebook PR list is spot on.

No U

Smash Journeyman
saying I'm bad and miss basic **** all the time and can't play remotely consistently isn't johning, it's just saying I'm bad and inconsistent lol. those aren't excuses, just facts

if I said I only lost to dave because I couldn't stop thinking about eating him the entire time I was playing him, or that I randomly start missing basic fast falls and l-cancels because the sun always gets in my eyes, or that I only sd'd 2 of my stocks against binx every set I've played him in because I was using my alt controller then that'd be johning but I'm pretty sure I only do all of those things because I'm bad/inconsistent/psyche myself out lol.

actually I think my problem must just be that ninjas hate listening to other ninjas so sheik only does what I say 50% of the time. there's my final john :p

Top Bottom