• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Orange Star's Keet CO - Advance Wars' Andy for SSB4

Which series icon seems better to represent Advance Wars?

• Orange Star's insignia

Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Advance War series' wrench

Votes: 94 86.2%

• Total voters

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the other day i had an idea for a moveset for andy (or indeed any AW CO) seeing as how pac man uses sprites in some his attacks i thought andy could do something simmilar, have a moveset based entirely summoning the various units from the games and giving them orders

something like his neutral special calling a grunt who walks across the stage shooting, side smash close range tank blast and summoning jets to carry him up for his recovery

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Well, resurrection time...

The Advanced Wars AT has returned as it is found in the Japanese final build demo. That means that any version of Andy using sprites to attack is unlikely... The AT is also a starter, and not unlockable...

Welp, I think Andy's practically deconfirmed... Although I guess it could go the Inky/Blinky/Pinky/Clyde and Riki route...

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's absolutely baffling that a series with a dozen games like Nintendo Wars isn't overflowing SSB with content.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Andy and Isaac are those two characters that I barely know at all, but still want them playable in Smash

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
The dream is dead...:cry:

That said, i'm still not giving up; Even if DLC doesn't come around/include Andy, we can always repurpose this thread to be for Smash 5.

Speaking of, still working on that moveset. It's close to being done, just need to figure out how his normals would go.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Let's not give up yet, guys. I don't know about you all, but I'm waiting till the FULL roster is revealed to determine whether or not Andy (or even Sami!) is in.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It's not dead, guys. It's hurt, but still there. An AT can still be part of a move. Or they could give a more Soldier, less Commander based move set. Things are looking grim, but hope is not completely gone yet. The AT is Tanks and Infantry, not Andy or Sami.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
If Andy ever gets into smash, I would expect him to have a full 3D model and walk around, and possibly summon sprites of units like how Pac-Man summons the ghosts. He's not totally dead quite yet.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Well I don't know how long these threads stay open post release so I want to make sure I post here one last time.

Looking over this game's newcomers, I'm convinced that a character like Andy will never have a chance unless Advance Wars makes a comeback in the near future staring the old Wars World crew. Its a shame, but this series just can't catch a big break in Smash.

Its disappointing, but I can live with it. Thanks for the thread guys. It's been fun. Here's hoping between now and the next Smash the Wars series makes a comeback.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The question becomes will Advance Wars get a DLC character and if so who? Its easily between Andy and Sami. Main point We need Advance Wars music in smash bros mainly the Tag Power themes.

Habimaru

Smash Rookie
Not even a miserable trophy (sans the Infantry&Tanks one), that's CHEAP. They even have a trophy for a friggin' wavecraft.

Nintendo History my ass.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
We need to push for an Advance Wars rep for DLC. As well as Advance Wars music. They had more Advance Wars content in brawl. Andy, Sami, Max, Rachael, Jake, and Hawke were all stickers.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Andy is easily the best rep for a series that, based on sales and success alone, should be in Smash Bros. Add me to the support list!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I loved every advance wars game I played, and wish they'd make another (though if it would be a direct sequel with the characters from the original and Dual Strike or keep going from the world in Days of Ruin) is a tough one. Either way, Andy would be the best pick for representation for being iconic (though Sami gets bonus points for added female representation. In the days before characters like Pac Man used game assets for moves, I just figured he'd use a wrench that's about the size of Cloud Strife's sword (like in some of the artwork) and whack people with it.

Now that Smash is more advanced, all these crazy movesets I see for Andy using the troops make me want him more, though if they went with that route, I personally would rather use Grit and get indirect attack bonuses. Range game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I noticed both Andy and Sami are random names that you can select for your fighters. So at least they haven't been outright forgotten.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Not just the new games: I've seen Nell, Grit, Sami and Warz all as random names back in Melee a week ago. We've been in there for a while. =P

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Come on guys, Andy needs your vote to win this war!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i do think AW should have a character so ill add andy to my list of characters to vote for

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
An advanced wars rep is the only thing I am voting for that has a chance and a good reason behind their inclusion. Personally I am hoping for Andy with a Sami Alt. and their colors referencing other COs in the series.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I put a vote in for Andy and Sami, ideally both of them, but I wouldn't mind either one. It'd be awesome to see AW represented in Sm4sh!!!

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Is there and Andy one?

In terms of kit ideas, I don't have any kind of specific ideas, but I think it'd be awesome to incorporate the stars like in AW. His Neutral B would be Hyper Repair if he has 3 and Hyper Upgrade if he has 6. Hyper upgrade being a heal plus armour or super armour on the next few moves or for the next few seconds. Not sure if it'd be worth not having a neutral B for this kind of thing though, or what it should be if it'd be replaced like Mac's is, perhaps it'd just be Hyper Repair usually and then Hyper Upgrade when charged.

I think this would be an awesome idea if the stars only charged from his normals, and not any range specials he might have, because he'd have this awesome playstyle of going all in to charge stars and then spacing to find time to heal damage back and go back in or spacing for the right time to use Hyper Upgrade.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Kinda unrelated, but I found a couple neat little remixes of Andy's personal theme <or anthem, I should say>:

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I Support!

Wars is a series that's been around since the NES days even though it only won over the hearts of millions worldwide in Advance.

Though I kinda support the idea of Andy using weapons from the various units instead of his "repair"-based moveset that more people are a fan of. I want more gunners in this game.

Seriously, there are more mage characters than there are gunners. Why would Sakurai make the third Mii class a gunner in spite of that?

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Though I kinda support the idea of Andy using weapons from the various units instead of his "repair"-based moveset that more people are a fan of. I want more gunners in this game.

Seriously, there are more mage characters than there are gunners. Why would Sakurai make the third Mii class a gunner in spite of that?
I feel like Andy using the weapons goes against his character, he's a C.O. and a mechanic, not a soldier. I'd love to see that kind of thing happen with Sami, or Grit, characters depicted actually using weapons, but that requires a commitment to the franchise, and I have no idea what Nintendo wants to do with Wars.

I like the idea of more gunners though (and a Wizard/Mage Mii but that's a different topic) however it might get to be a bit much if there are too many characters with these ranged normals that define the gunners.

Top Bottom