• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One last chance!

Glide24

Smash Rookie
I don't like that this isn't through something like Kickstarter where:
A. We can see the amount raised and
B. The person doesn't get it until we hit that amount.

If we reach like 2k, it's not gonna be fun for Armada to refund every one of those donations. Not to mention if he does have to do that, Paypal is a shady mother****er and I'm sure they'll freeze his account or some ****.
It'd be really disappointing if we reach 2k and Armada still doesn't go. Especially because he's gonna be making a lot of money from the tournament.

Elen

Smash Lord
I really feel that this could benefit from a chip in, kickstarter, or other type of legitimate tracking service. I have a good feeling this goal will be met, but it would be a lot less off-putting with a more official system.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I spoke with him yesterday and he said that he'll play several hours everyday to be in the best shape as possible. He knows what people expect from him in order to deserve the money and he'll do his utmost to not make anyone dissapointed (except mango, hbox, pp and m2k of course ;))

EDIT: 225 dollars so far.

Y'all should post the updates on the original post.

Revven

FrankerZ
If it helps you sleep at night, just pretend Armada is from Australia, and you're only paying for him to come.

It actually does cost like 2k+ for an Australian to fly to LA with late notice and such.

Also Armada, have you received any donations yet? + if so, how much so far? Visibility please

It's over. Armada's going if Redact donates.

osomata

Smash Rookie
Scar, Travis or Someone from the people who has a lot of viewers from smash videos should make one to try to make a spirit bomb for Armada

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
whoever the **** said **** about weon-x,

weon-x is ridiculously good. like better than your plebian @$$ can comprehend

MajorMoses

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that you should clear your cookies or switch to a different internet browser before you buy your airplane tickets in order to get the cheapest pricing. If you keep checking back at the page, the cost will go up because they think you're getting desperate.

Also, I'm glad you changed your mind about paying people back if you win. I think we stand a much better chance of funding this trip because of that.

Armada

Smash Lord
What happens if the goal isn't reached? I always see people say they will return the money but does that ever happen?
Then all the money goes right back to the people that donated!

Just a reminder that you should clear your cookies or switch to a different internet browser before you buy your airplane tickets in order to get the cheapest pricing. If you keep checking back at the page, the cost will go up because they think you're getting desperate.

Also, I'm glad you changed your mind about paying people back if you win. I think we stand a much better chance of funding this trip because of that.
Thanks for the advice!
I did not know about that but I have never been spamming when I look for tickets but I will remember this advice

Kaeon

Smash Cadet
His palms are sweaty, PAL johns and hat are ready
He's out of retirement already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to throw bombs,
But he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down (about retiring),
The whole crowd goes so loud
He opens his mouth, controller johns won't come out
He's choking now, everybody's joking now
The clock's run out, Puff's in losers, wow!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Keep in mind that June 30th is the deadline, since that is the last day to register.

Ramo

Smash Cadet
Well that is not what this (for me) is about. So I can't really say I agree with it but if people end up being happy about it, even if it is just for this time then it makes me happy to see people happy.
So much happiness everywhere =') Damnit I'm just so happy!

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
you realize the op was edited with pay back stuff, right

"IF I place 1st I will pay everything back to all the people that donated.
IF I place 2nd I will pay back 50% of my total winnings and keep the other half.
Worse then that and I seriously can't pay anything back."

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
Cool, hopefully we can raise the rest!
Make sure to keep regularly updating the original with how much has been raised, people like progress!

Any stream events to make it happen?

C_Ferris32

Smash Journeyman
i can't wait for casuals that play with their 3 or 4 friends/lvl 9 CPUs to be reigned the Evo Champ!!!

Wasn't there a player who entered doubles with a lvl 9 Luigi at a tournament and actually placed decently? I don't think it was a really massive tourney or anything, but I'm wondering if anyone else remembers this. Either that or I'm completely tripping =D

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Wasn't there a player who entered doubles with a lvl 9 Luigi at a tournament and actually placed decently? I don't think it was a really massive tourney or anything, but I'm wondering if anyone else remembers this. Either that or I'm completely tripping =D
M2K won a local with Lvl 9 Luigi once

Vudujin has entered a few tournaments with lvl 9 Luigi as well iirc, Impulse 2012 is the only one I can think of off the top of my head though

you realize the op was edited with pay back stuff, right

"IF I place 1st I will pay everything back to all the people that donated.
IF I place 2nd I will pay back 50% of my total winnings and keep the other half.
Worse then that and I seriously can't pay anything back."
nah i missed that lol

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's going to be pretty crazy to have a huge list of players that are still in the tournament as it progresses and slowly watch big names disappear.

Top Bottom