• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni: How to Hold that L

Whenever there's a winner, there's a loser -- and knowing how to lose properly is one of the hallmarks on a strong competitor. So, how do you lose? Watch and learn as Omni discusses how to properly "hold that L".

fi​

Comments

Yes. I use it in commentary for Chicago stuff. I understand if you're not a native English speaker and haven't heard of the term, but if you are:
I am a native english speaker, and I also have no idea what Spongebob is trying to convey there.

Maybe it's just something that showed up after my time.

I am a native english speaker, and I also have no idea what Spongebob is trying to convey there.

Maybe it's just something that showed up after my time.
You are a mere 3 years older than me.....Omni is older than you. Maybe its the people you associate yourself with or the media you see. Also, the Sponge Bob breathe meme is a well known meme.....It's saying I'm about to playfully (or not) insult you.
I'm a native English speaker and I've never heard of it, either.
Don't want to judge or anything as that's silly, but be amongst black culture or culture that uses a ton of slang. This phrase is quite common in EE, TKBreezy, ZeRo, Coneyzz, D1, DC, GunBlade, Koopa and quite a few others in commentary. It's not some humdrum term made just yesterday.

Also urban dictionary is a blessing for those still confused.

Super helpful video, I have anger issues and feel like I'm not getting better because I can't win a set at xanadu ever and I've been playing for 1.5 years

Don't want to judge or anything as that's silly, but be amongst black culture or culture that uses a ton of slang. This phrase is quite common in EE, TKBreezy, ZeRo, Coneyzz, D1, DC, GunBlade, Koopa and quite a few others in commentary. It's not some humdrum term made just yesterday.
I was waiting for someone to finally say it.

:150:

You are a mere 3 years older than me.....Omni is older than you. Maybe its the people you associate yourself with or the media you see. Also, the Sponge Bob breathe meme is a well known meme.....It's saying I'm about to playfully (or not) insult you.
Why not just say "Losers"?

Or, in the dialect I grew up in, "Get yer ****in' head outta your ass, ya **** slobberin' *****."

How do I lose? Like my winning. Very quietly. In a tournament setting, I'd probably compliment their game if I lost.

Last edited:
I began practicing this art months ago. Very useful. I simply look at it like a rpg. When losing battles instead of a "game over" I see it as gaining double XP from losses.

Great advice! I've gotten so much better in the past month because I stopped making up excuses and getting mad, and just accepting defeat. Instead of "He was playing cheap" I now say "He knew the matchup better than me, I need to go back and learn better, so I can do better against him next time"

Also urban dictionary is a blessing for those still confused.
I live in Georgia. Let's say I've met a few black people.

Also, it's been years since Urban Dictionary has been a useful source. These days, it's people just making things up and posting them there, not anything anyone actually says.

Last edited:
Top Bottom