• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's grab

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Title of the bug: Abnormalities with Olimars grabs
Version found in: All
Hardware you are running: Wii hackless
Loading Method:Details: Stage loader
Attachments: None
Custom Content: None
For Example:

1. If you grab someone while they throw up a hit box, youll grab the opponent and the hit box gets pulled in and olimar takes knockback and damage.
2. Dash grabs sometimes clip through the opponent.
3. Opponent mashes out before you pull them in.
4. Opponent mashes out and you are stuck in throwing animation.
5. No priority on the grab.

Not sure which parts are bugs but i figure at least a few of these are.

Narpas_sword

Hey, sorry for the late reply. busy life johns.

Most of what is reported is already known, unfortunately olimars grab is a bit quirky to work with. Doing our best to tidy it up.

Everything there is known and reported. not sure what you mean on 5 though.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
You know how when a character grabs a character on the same frame as an attack, The character takes damage but gets the grab. Olimar doesn't have that (i think) and he just automatically loses which is made worse by #1

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
yea, sounds like the same thing as number 1.
No, Like do peaches down smash and grab her with a pimin, even though olimar is no where near the hit box. The hit box is pulled into his hurt box. Or the pikmin share olimars hurtbox. I dont know whats happening, but olimar should basically be tether grabbing Or the pikmin should eat the hit but instead olimar is taking the damage despite being no where near the attack.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

you're going to have to explain how thats different to number 1.

Because as far as i'm reading, whatever we can figure out to do to fix 1 will also fix what you're saying about 5.

Either that or 2 videos?

Searing_Sorrow

Smash Journeyman
1 and 5 are the same thing, what is happening is that olimar has no grab armor unlike the rest of the cast, and he is pulling an attack into him so auto loss. Fixing the above 4 will auto fix 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom