• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old School Onslaught 8 (Cincinnati, OH) Results!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Singles (35 Entrants):
1: HeroOfHatz! :charizard:
2: Hanky Panky :peach:
3: Fumbles :popo: :metaknight:
4: XeroXen :squirtle:
5: Soul Pech :jigglypuff:
5: Juushichi :gw: :sheik: :toonlink:
7: Village Mascot :link2:
7: Rizner :zelda:
9: Shenanigans :pikachu2:
9: SneakyTako :metaknight: :warioc:
9: Dr.X :lucas:
9: Suyon :ike: :pit:
13: King Chaos :samus2:
13: 2-Tone :roypm:
13: Megachuk :zelda: :bowser2:
13: (1UP) :rob:
--POOLS CUTOFF--
17: Clef
17: APL
17: SweetyT
17: Salt
17: PIP
17: Peppy :ganondorf:
17: HalfJack
17: Smash64
25: YFrog
25: Russy :ganondorf:
25: Adam D
25: KidBuu :falco:
25: Tyler S
25: Starwind :lucario:
25: AlfaStryke
25: ShredderN64
33: Jommeez
33: Hitstun
33: Punk

Doubles (11 teams):
1: Fire and Ice (Fumbles + HeroOfHatz!)
2: Juushichi + Hanky Panky (Juushichi + Hanky Panky)
3: Kirby Everything (Rizner + Village Mascot)
4: Missed Rests (Soul Pech + XeroXen)
5: Grilled Mormons (Dr.X + Tako)
5: Bacon **** (Megachuk + 2Tone)
7: Peppy + Shenanigans (Peppy + Shenanigans)
7: King Chaos + AlfaStryke (King Chaos + AlfaStryke)
9: Salt + PIP (Salt + PIP)
9: Adam D + Tyler S (Adam D + Tyloer S)
9: Smash64 + HalfJack (Smash64 + HalfJack)

Apologies for not having all of the characters on there. Feel free to let me know about the blank ones or correct me on the ones I got wrong.

Thanks everyone for coming! I had a blasty-blast running it. See you all next time, I hope.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Great games everyone that I played I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the feedback on our games Hatz and sick Charizard. I think I played pretty good for my first PM tourney I was dumb close to beating that dang pika but then shenanigans happened..lol.! I shall continue training and aim to do better next time!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Shoutouts!

1: HeroOfHatz! - GGs in the few friendlies we had. It would have been fun to play you in tournament but apparently it wasn't meant to be.

2: Hanky Panky - It was nice meeting you and getting to play you in PM. Wish we could have gotten more Melee games in though since that's the game I'm really interested in. GGs in PM nontheless and I figured Peach v Squirtle was bad in theory, should've definitely stuck with Mario.

3: Fumbles - GGs in pools/brackets. Your MK was devastating to me in pools so I had to come up with a quick counter strategy for it which was why I went Falco in bracket. It was fun playing against characters I have never played in PM though for sure.

4: XeroXen - Play more Melee.

5: Soul Pech - Thanks so much for teaming with me. Our games were super close in bracket (not even going to mention the ending. >_>), and I really enjoyed playing you/teaming with you/hanging out with you and everybody else from Columbus.

5: Juushichi - GGs in bracket! It was nice to see you again as always. I'll most definitely be at UFGT and I'll be entering both PM and Melee so I'll definitely see you there!

9: Shenanigans - Nice friendlies, I really enjoy to see Pikachu played in PM and I thought it was hilarious that you wanted to play against Spacies haha. Indiana is full of them in PM if you ever end up coming to a tournament here.

9: SneakyTako - It was cool seeing you and chatting with you. It's a shame we didn't get to play any PM though. But thanks for the couple Melee friendlies.

9: Dr.X - Really good games. Our games were so close and it was only the first round of the tournament. It's crazy how stacked the PM competition was here. Thanks for hosting the tournament, it was run pretty efficiently until you had to wait to stream top 3, but it was still fantastic. I'll definitely be back in the future.

9: Suyon - GGs in pools. I enjoyed our sets quite a bit and it was nice meeting you.

13: King Chaos - I didn't get to play you or talk to your but your Samus looked sick. Keep it up lol.

17: Peppy - Nice friendlies. I'll definitely try to make it up to some of your monthlies in Dayton whenever I can.

17: Smash64 - We didn't get to play at all or talk very much but it was nice seeing you again. I wish I could've played you lol, I'm sure you're good at this game.

I realize I forgot a few people but I don't remember their names exactly and I'm so sorry. :( I really enjoyed myself even though I was completely exhausted by the time singles started. I'll definitely come back to play all of you guys again.

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
HeroOfHatz! - Awesome Zard, man. You were fun to play and, although I haven't seen TOO many great Charizards, yours seems tricksy and unique. Great job on 1st, and I hope to play you again at the next one.

Fumbles - So...many...chain-grabs...lol. Good matches in pools.

Village Mascot - Love that Link, man. I always thought a good PM Link could never be as fun to watch as a good Melee Link. You proved me wrong. Loved the edgeguarding from center-stage (short-hop+drop bomb+Zair is so sexy). Hell of a nice guy, too. Can't wait to play you again.

SneakyTako - Didn't get to play you, but you seemed really cool. Especially when you're running around corralling people for their matches, lol.

Dr.X - Well TO'd, brother. Still haven't gotten to play you. That makes two tournaments, now, lol. Your Lucas is solid and pretty fun to watch, though, and I can't wait to take it on. Keep the tournaments coming so we can bring some life back to the Cincy scene! And maybe some Melee next time, too. :)

2-Tone - Not bad, but you could definitely use some improvement. More F1R3

Megachuk - BOOZER!!!!111oneone

Clef - I like the Zard, dude. I think you just need to work on sweet-spotting the recovery, which seems a tad difficult. Most of your stocks were lost to a missed sweetspot FSmash. Other than that, keep it up! Maybe third time's the charm, lol. I'll see you at the next one!

Salt - Don't go Marth. He was solid in Melee, but you definitely have better options in PM. Your Diddy isn't bad and your Peach breaks worlds. See you this weekend for the Kaiser thing and some free scrub money, lol!

PIP - Drop the 3D and start playing Zard. He seems like your type of character. Seriously, try him out at the next smashfest.

FEAR - Stop being in Texas so you can go to these things and SD a bunch. :)

Sorry if I missed anyone. Pretty much everyone at this was good and the pools were stacked, which is the way I like it. Can't wait to see you all at the next one!

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

First of all thanks for the guys running AL and Dr. X in specific for running the tournament, smash never gets anywhere until somebody is willing to make the time and work commitment to giving everyone else a chance to meet up and smash. I can't wait for the next one that I can attend, let's try and get some more people from around the surrounding region as well!

@JamesBJames: GG's in GF and in brackets, when you pulled that bomb I thought I was done for XD. You're an absolutely amazing smasher and one of the nicest and most respectful guys I've met in a long time, I really enjoyed laughing with you during GF and even during friendlies. I'm almost certain that by the next time we meet, you'll be on the higher ground (hoping my Nair won't get nerfed by then :( )

@Fumbles: Thanks for being a bro in teams, it always love the chance to team with somebody new at tourneys and you were so awesome and willing to give me a great partner. GG's on the WF matches as well, just be sure to trust yourself more. You have such an amazing play style, don't let the fact that you lost one game deter you from trying again with the same character. A stage counter pick, or even just the restart of a match can totally change the outcome of an entire set. I can't wait to see how good you get over the summer. Keep up you're IC's and that MK, they are by far your best and that MK will get me one day soon. (Also I want a rematch in those DK dittos)

@SoulPech: Nice job that day, sorry we didn't really get to play that much outside of the crew battles. If you're still wanting to team the next time we are both at a tourney, I'd totally be up for it :D.

@ Juushichi Juushichi : GG's, you've single handedly made me a lot more scared of what TL can do, I'm definitely going to take a lot of the stuff you taught me back to CO when I have to fight all of these link mains :(. Thanks for being really respectful and kind as well, it really meant a lot for somebody who was against me to still have respect for me. Good luck over the summer, and I'll be ready for some more when I get back! (also plz don't nerf Nair D:)

@ DtJ XeroXen DtJ XeroXen : Sorry we didn't get to play more friendlies and that we didn't meet in bracket :/. Next time we meet up I'll make it up to you for sure! btw, keep that squirtle up, some of the stuff you showed my I don't want any of when I'm fighting you next :p

@sneakytako: You've made me hate MK, and it only took one match too. GG's for that MM and in the crew as well you literally won the day for us :p

@ Doctor X Doctor X : Thanks again for hosting and for being a leader among the Cinci guys. Sorry we didn't get to play much (well any really) but I'll make it up to you if I get a chance to come to a fight night sometime.

@ KingChaos KingChaos : You've got a sweet Samus bro, like, really sweet. Just play a few more matches against different people and you'll know exactly what to do. I can see you going far :D

@ Rizner Rizner : I don't think you're ever going to let me live down losing that MM after the tourney :(. GG's in that one though, you beat me fair and square :D. Also sweet stuff in the crew battle, if you didn't take 2 of Hanky's stocks we would have been in serious trouble :p. Also thanks for the few chats that we had, they were a nice break away from the action and you're a great guy. I'll get my revenge on you someday, till then, keep it up!

@Village Mascot: Nice job in the tourney, though I'm rather disappointed you and Rizner didn't do double Kirby in dubs :(. You're a real charismatic guy, and I enjoyed being around you. Can't wait to see what you will have done over the summer when I get back.

@sheNanagans: Sorry we didn't get to play any more, but GG's nonetheless (I'll need to be more careful to not fly over you so much :p ). Also smash ball fights were too hype, that was amazing :D. Not sure when I'll see you next, but hopefully when I get the chance to go up to one of Peppy's Monthlies again.

@ 2-Tone 2-Tone : GG's in bracket, you hold the key of how to combo the crap out of me so never forget that! Hope I get to meet roy the boy again someday :D

@Russ4312: Thanks for giving us all of your recording equipment and doing commentary. Just keep it up and you'll do just fine! It's been a pleasure to get to know you over the last few weeks. GL on your speed running as well, hope you get into AGDQ next year as well!

@PeppyWil: Gotta work on that Ganny grunt, I expect it to be much more manly by the time I get back :p. Thanks for doing the commentary and being just generally an awesome guy. I'll definitely try to make as many of your monthlies as I can, just get better internet so we can stream :p

@Starwind: Thanks for the friendlies, it was nice to get to meet you, just stick to a character and you should be just fine :D

@AlfaStryke: Nice job competing in literally everything they had there. You're a super nice guy and I'm sad that I can't make it out to your birthday bash, but who knows, as long as we got one dragon/dinosuar there it should be all good!

I know I forgot people :(. GG's to everyone I didn't mention and I'll make a better effort next time to remember all of you guys

Thanks also to all of my Miami friends that have driven me places and practiced with me. It really is nice to have some people that I can just relax and play smash with.

Also thanks to everyone who drove really far to get here, I'll return the favor someday!

Finally: Thanks to everybody who came out, I've never been so relaxed and had so much fun at a smash tourney ever. You are all amazing people and I can't wait to see how far we can take the OH crew! See you all again next semester (I'll be back with more hats)!

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
@JamesBJames: Sorry I let you down. : ( Fun games throughout the weekend, I enjoy playing vs you because I come to understand how Peach works and how much I need to work to have that sort of active reaction time. Area of control is huge and I think characters like Peach and Wario (and Zard) really exemplify these mindsets. As I understand it more, I think I'll get a lot better.

@Suyon: I'm tired of playing you all the time, ****. It's scary every single time, too. It was really nice to see you take the loss a lot better than the one in Dayton. I know Alfred's talked to you about it, but a change in mindset is something that I really think will allow you to elevate your game.

@SoulPech: Why couldn't you beat Xero earlier so I didn't have to fight him? ;_; Thanks for the ride and generally being a homie. We talked about how you (and I) can improve. Start actively doing it. With me out of commission, you'll have more opportunity to get those shots at the people I know you can beat.

@1-up: You've got a lot of raw talent and really good tech. imo, I think you should humble yourself a bit more and take a look at things in a more broad scope. You've got nowhere to go but up, but don't think that people don't understand your character. Fizzle and I are your predecessors with ROB and Columbus does know how to fight him. Your neutral decisions will have to get much better to break into the top 6 in the city or so. Good luck.

@Village Mascot: Fun games throughout the weekend. I'm glad that I found an answer for you at least on this day. You took the set vs me 2-1 in Columbus at HoC2, so we'll count our set as even for now. Keep at it, I'm looking to see all of us improve.

@ Rizner Rizner : Sorry, haha. I've got a very strong grasp on Zelda's character. From being a person who toys with her in the BR, as a person who played Zelda in 1.0 to around 2.5 and still does, and as someone who ground out hours of matches with Zhime over a good wifi connection in 2.1-2.6, I'm pretty aware. You're good and will get better. A lot of Zelda players like to zone and use their panic buttons, but ultimately her game comes down to smart active defense and KICKS. Keep that in mind.

@ Doctor X Doctor X : Thanks for hosting! Your Lucas is scary, though I think I started to understand it a lot more after WSF happened. The LF set looked rough, but I'm glad I came out on the winning side of it haha. I love visiting Cincinnati and AL, hopefully you can host more there! 35/36 people for it is sick!

@sheNanagans: thanks for coming along with @PeppyWil! I love to see more of Dayton Smash as well, it's so nice. With that out of the way, stop going in so hard! I tell you every single time that if you used Pika's speed in those clutch situations to bait, you'd be landing your heavy usmash a lot more... but you love to go in! Patience, patience!

@ Heroofhatz Heroofhatz : It's no problem. A lot of my salt goes in the moment. Between Dayton and last weekend, I tried to look in and examine how I approached Zard. I calmed down a lot between the weeks, haha. Still feel like Zard nair is problematic and that some characters actually really can't do anything about it + other things, but in this version I'm keeping my stance on nerfing things rather conservative because there's more examining to look into. So please don't take my frustration as an absolute guarantee that he'll get nerfed lmao.

With that said, I hate a lot of the things that the character seems to be able to get away with... but I don't hate the player (you) who is able to manipulate it. There's a lot of thought and tech that goes into it that I unfortunately mitigate when I say things like "he's not even good". It's inappropriate, disingenuous and I regret that so again, I'm sorry. Excited to see what you come back with from CO and don't expect Columbus to be so charitable the next time you're here. : )

@ DtJ XeroXen DtJ XeroXen : I hope to see you at UFGT and to be honest I feel kinda bad about my crappy attitude towards playing Melee late on Saturday. I'm glad that you're finding it to be a game that you're liking and enjoying getting a lot better at and I'm excited to see how you'll do (I had my eye on your bracket progress @ Shuffle V too). Like I said before, bring out the IN homes to UFGT!

Thanks to the streamers, the video recording, the arcade and everyone who came out that didn't get a shoutout. Extremely fun tournament.

Last edited:

Rizner

Smash Ace
Late shoutouts like I do.

Columbus -- thanks for coming down to this. Sorry to hear about the second car troubles on the way down, but happy you all made it. Fun games and good seeing you all as usual.

Specifically -- Shenanigans, ggs. Had fun with it and always a good time. Soulpech -- stop beating me pls. Thanks. Juu -- good games. I'm getting closer to it and will have a good runback with you Saturday. Just you wait.

Dayton = hatz and friends -- good seeing you all out there. Was cool chillin and playing some games. Hatz, we'll have to do another when you get back to Ohio. If not a mm I definitely want to play your zard some more.

Cincinnati -- yo. Thanks for hosting this Dr. X, great tournament as always. Hope my assistance actually helped, and will be happy to help more in the future.

Hanky -- not sure what area you're from, actually, but good games. I feel like by the end of the night I figured out how to fight against peach a bit more, and am looking forward to playing some more.

Others who I haven't exactly mentioned - sorry for the nonspecific shoutouts but you're all great and stuff. So there.

Last edited:

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if the rest of the stream matches will be posted to YouTube, or if it's just the crew battle?

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if the rest of the stream matches will be posted to YouTube, or if it's just the crew battle?
We'll have to ask arcade legacy about that. For some reason I don't see any OSO stuff in their past broadcasts on twitch so I'm not sure if they're actually recorded at all. :\

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
We'll have to ask arcade legacy about that. For some reason I don't see any OSO stuff in their past broadcasts on twitch so I'm not sure if they're actually recorded at all. :\
It was up, I'm not sure why it got deleted though. I even have the links but now they're broken :/

Top Bottom