• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So we have tournaments on Sunday at DZ and now we have them on Tuesday in Norman as well? Whats the turnout like?

DualCats

Smash Ace
turnout's decent for the OU weekly. Granted, we've only had two so far but it's not quite as big as DZ. But they do let you play good characters every week.

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
Yo @ RastaImposta RastaImposta ! Safe travels home my man, and good luck Sunday!

You're always welcome back for some West Coast Smashpitality.

Just remember, Smash Wii U conversion initiated: Use the 4 Luke (but not Luke) #BluePussy

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Guys...guys...guys...1hipg33k is one of the coolest smashers out there. He is true of heart and would have made an excellent melee player had he been in the scene. This guy let me smash with him, we had pizza and wine with his neighbor Joanna, he let me crash on his couch and he brought me back to the airport. A gentleman and a scholar if I do say so myself.

Thanks man, I appreciate it more than you know. You are welcome in my house anytime!

1hipG33K

Smash Cadet
NNID
1hipG33K
3DS FC
2294-5791-6012
Guys...guys...guys...1hipg33k is one of the coolest smashers out there. He is true of heart and would have made an excellent melee player had he been in the scene. This guy let me smash with him, we had pizza and wine with his neighbor Joanna, he let me crash on his couch and he brought me back to the airport. A gentleman and a scholar if I do say so myself.

Thanks man, I appreciate it more than you know. You are welcome in my house anytime!
You mean to tell me that 2 strangers met via the internet, and NO butt ***** happened!? I'm calling B.S. Haha!

counterPayment

Smash Apprentice
so who is going to the tournament this weekend like it's supposed to be pretty s***** weather I just want to know who is going

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'll probably end up going if it's still happening cuz it's like two feet away from me; no reason not to.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Tournament didn't end up happening. Weather was too bad and people were kind of backing out due to the icy roads anyway.

Orph

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers, I'm a fellow smash bros lover, been playing since N64. Melee is probably my favorite but I digress. I'm hoping to hold a new bi-weekly tournament here in my hometown of El Reno, OK at a new store called Trades IV Days. Here is the address and Phone number

105 S. Rock Island El Reno OK
405-295-6508

Trades IV Dayz is a very relaxed environment with a lot of fun people. Come enjoy the chill environment and get down on some card games, videos games, and spend time with some really great people.

I will be holding Smash Wii U and Melee tournaments as I currently do not own a N64, Brawl, or have a PM set up. If you would like to bring a set up for those games it would be greatly appreciated :) but I will only be doing tournaments for Melee and Smash Wii U. Extra set-ups will be for friendlies:).

Tournaments will be held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday’s of the month. On Months with 5 Wednesday’s there will be a tournament on those extra Wednesday’s. I’ll be hosting my First tournament on April 1st. Yea that’s right April Fool’s day so come make a fool out of me on some smash XD.

Melee singles: I will be hosting a single elimination bracket prizes for 1st Place only.
Entrée Fee: $4
Prizes: 5 or more entrants $12 Store Credit. 10 or more $25 Store Credit.

Melee doubles: only if there are enough people participants for me to give out prizes.
Entrée Fee: TBD
Prizes:TBD

Smash Wii U Singles: I will be hosting a singles elimination bracket with prizes for 1st and 2nd.
Entrée Fee: $5
Prizes: 5 or more entrants $15 Store Credit. 10 or More $35 store credit

Smash Wii U Teams: I would like to consider this a great opportunity to advance team work into something new. Given that I do not think 4v4 is really the ideal way to go, but I would like to pitch a 3v3 to anyone interested. I would love to give this a shot and would greatly appreciate any feedback on this idea. Prizes will be 1st and 2nd.
Entrée Fee: TBD
Prizes: TBD

For both Smash Wii U singles and teams there will be an extra prize for 1st place. The extra prize will be given out at the time a 1st place winner is declared. Melee smashers will receive nothing but glory :p and a 1st place prize.

Sign-ups start at 1pm for both. Sign-ups end when tournaments start. Teams starts at 2PM singles start at 4PM. The Store Trades IV Dayz closes around Midnight so there is plenty of time for these tournaments

Things that are optional
    • Best Option: Bring your own controller
    • Worst Option: Use one of my controllers (used GameCube controller)
For More Info Call
405-588-7526

Donald R. Youngbull

Melee
General Rules
•Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
•Items are disabled.
•Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
•Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
•Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
•You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
•A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
•Playing as Master Hand is banned
Doubles Rules
•Friendly Fire enabled
•Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
Stage List
Neutral Stages •Final Destination
•Battlefield
•Yoshi’s Story
•Dream Land
•Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
•Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]
Counter-Pick Stages
•Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]
•Kongo Jungle 64 [Doubles Only]
Match Procedure
1.Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
2.Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
3.Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
4.The players play the first match of the set
5.Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
6.The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7.The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8.The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9.The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10.The next match is played
11.Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
Smash Wii U
General Rules
◾Game Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games
◾Amiibo’s are banned.
◾Order of events: Pick characters, then stage striking, then custom move selection.
◾Custom moves are not allowed.
◾Available Stages:: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd
◾All Omega stages are banned.
◾First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1(1)-P2(2)-P1(2)-P2(2)-P1(1) order.
◾Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
◾You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
◾There will be no loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system.
◾Allowed controllers: WiiU Pro Controller & GameCube Controller.
Team Rules
•Team Attack enabled
•Sharing stocks is allowed
•If a player is using Lucario or Sonic, either team may request team colors to be changed to make it easier to tell the difference
Stage List
•Battlefield
•Final Destination
•Lylat Cruise
•Smashville
Counter-Pick Stages •Battleship Halberd
•Pokemon Stadium 2
•Castle Siege
MatchProcedure
1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one (1) stage from the list, the second player removes two (2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two (2) stages.
4. The players play the first match of the set
5. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. This ban is only chosen one and lasts for the entire set.
6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
10. The next match is played
11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
thread has no activity, any tourneys happening in the tulsa area other then play it again?

Supalupa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Supalupa
3DS FC
2723-9969-7123
My friends and I went to Oh Snap 7, was super fun, had a blast and just wanted to say thanks for hosting it (even though it's already been almost 2 weeks since it happened) and I'm hoping I can start going to some locals soon to get some more practice in! (also trying to find a different name to enter events under, I never realized how ridiculous my name sounded in person LOL)

Last edited:

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Been a long time guys. Just wanted to say that Dylan and I now live in Norman and once we get settled in we will start trying to make it to some of the weeklies. We only really play Melee and a tiny bit of U.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Been a long time guys. Just wanted to say that Dylan and I now live in Norman and once we get settled in we will start trying to make it to some of the weeklies. We only really play Melee and a tiny bit of U.
Well melee weeklies are on Sunday and Smash4 on Friday. nothing this weekend since I will be out of town, but next weekend for sure!

DualCats

Smash Ace
yo Auddy. Didn't I meet you at an intimikill or ohsnap or something? That was like years ago. I live in Norman; we should get some melee going. I haven't really played in over a month.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Yeah, us Pauls Valley people went to OHSNAP 1-3 and maybe something else? I can't remember. Last thing I remember was playing Dark Rain and his partner in doubles and crying a lot.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Shawnee is a bit out there but not the farthest people have come from. I dont know of anyone out in that direction tho :/ We have people come to the weeklies from Altus every two weeks so its worth the drive if you can make it!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
:/ well maybe find a way to convince you parents to bring you to an event once or twice a month. other than that...Im not sure. what games you play?

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Something I've been wondering about is what happened to the old brawl players from back in the day?
I know some are still around but most seem to have disappeared, like Sars and Typ_ex
Did they retire? (shoutouts to po for still being here)

EDIT: Oh man I was looking at old posts and found the old OH SNAP thread.
http://smashboards.com/threads/oh-snap-5-le-thiens-last-stand-bring-wiis.237569/

I didn't even make it out of pools I was so bad.
Whens the next OH SNAP Irish?

Last edited:
Top Bottom