• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Sars is in Louisiana playing a good game in Melee. Typ_ex is now going under the tag "Thrillho" and shows up to DZs every now and again. OHSNAP will be next yr

I will be having a Smash 4 event sometime before the end of the yr...I just dont know when
I need money first haha

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Good to know most players are still around. Hopefully some Texas players show up at the next event, I want to bop some Texans.

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Less than 2 weeks notice hype lol
You think people will show up to it or will be at LTC3? Seems kinda like a gamble to host a tourney the same day as a national a state away.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Well I cant get it to happen since the venue has something going on. I know no one for Smash4 is really going to LTC3. This idea was mainly to give those who arent going a chance to compete. No worries tho! My weekly Smash 4 event will still be going on that Friday and we will have dubs as well so you should still come!

Smolder

Smash Apprentice
Well I cant get it to happen since the venue has something going on. I know no one for Smash4 is really going to LTC3. This idea was mainly to give those who arent going a chance to compete. No worries tho! My weekly Smash 4 event will still be going on that Friday and we will have dubs as well so you should still come!
It's too bad you aren't able to go to LTC3, Irish. Here's to hoping you have a good tourney regardless.

Shoes Magoo

Smash Rookie
Hello, smash people. I have a Sharp 37 inch crt tv which no longer suits my purposes. Perhaps someone here would like to have it? PM me if interested. Fair warning: this thing is a behemoth. It will take two people to lift and move, and you will need a truck/suv/large hatchback for transport. It does do that high-pitched whine thing that all tube tvs do eventually, but otherwise it works without issue.

Also, does anyone in the OKC metro or even Tulsa still play Brawl?

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
I'd play Brawl again if it had side events/tournaments at tournaments, otherwise no one I know plays it anymore.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Yea there are some now smash4 players that would still play it as a side event. You would just have to ask in the facebook group

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I would definitely play Brawl, if there were side tournaments *cough cough @Handles

King_of_Hearts

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in the miami or broken arrow area who plays smash 4 wii u? Or anyone whos up for wifi. I need a training partner bad.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
Is there anyone in the miami or broken arrow area who plays smash 4 wii u? Or anyone whos up for wifi. I need a training partner bad.
I'm in Tulsa but I can play wifi, there's also a monthly tournament series in Coweta called Sleeping on Tulsa starting this saturday. I'll be there if you wanna play me then.

ImaCat

Smash Rookie
Are there any melee events going on in OK anytime soon? Am I in the right place to find out? Halp I'm new here

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Irish hosts Melee weeklies in OKC and we have 2 monthlies in the Tulsa area, where in OK are you at?

Last edited:

DualCats

Smash Ace
Are there any melee events going on in OK anytime soon? Am I in the right place to find out? Halp I'm new here
yo, are you close to Norman? We got two weeklies goin on in the OKC metro area.

Last edited:

ImaCat

Smash Rookie
I'm between okc and Tulsa, about 15 minutes away from where the turnpike goes through stroud. What kind of thing is this? Like how many people, how long does it last, that sort of thing. I mean, I'm just a high schooler, and I don't know how I would feel about going to some small thing at somebody's house with like 10 people, none of which I know. Kinda hard to justify, y'know? Plus driving in the city terrifies me.

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I'm between okc and Tulsa, about 15 minutes away from where the turnpike goes through stroud. What kind of thing is this? Like how many people, how long does it last, that sort of thing. I mean, I'm just a high schooler, and I don't know how I would feel about going to some small thing at somebody's house with like 10 people, none of which I know. Kinda hard to justify, y'know? Plus driving in the city terrifies me.
I'm assuming you're around Chandler, OK. You're closer to OKC, and there are two bi-weeklies going on there as DualCats said. There are also two monthlies in Coweta, which is a bit over an hour away from you. Next monthly going on in Coweta is this saturday, here's the event page if you wanna check it out. I'm gonna be there, it'd be awesome to see you there!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
idk about bi weeklies. there are the weeklies I run for melee on sundays that generates close to 40+ and then the weeklies at OU on tues that get about 15+
Join the Oklahoma Melee scene facebook page for more precise info
Also, make it a weekend thing and attend the PM weekly on saturday. each day costs $10. covers venue, doubles and singles.

Last edited:

Hyper

Smash Apprentice
Like how many people, how long does it last, that sort of thing. I mean, I'm just a high schooler, and I don't know how I would feel about going to some small thing at somebody's house with like 10 people, none of which I know. Kinda hard to justify, y'know? Plus driving in the city terrifies me.
The monthly in Coweta always gets different numbers so it's hard to give you a figure there, the weekly irish hosts in OKC gets around 30+, friendlies and setups usually start around 1-2 hours before the tournament starts and the tournament lasts around 3-5 hours. Oklahoma is fancy now, almost all our tournaments are in venues now instead of in houses.

DualCats

Smash Ace
. . . I don't know how I would feel about going to some small thing at somebody's house with like 10 people, none of which I know. Kinda hard to justify, y'know? Plus driving in the city terrifies me.
we're all pretty chill here, really; but I understand if you're uncomfortable. The weeklies in Moore are at DZ Comics which is a fairly big and very public venue so that would probably do quite well as an introduction to the community. There's no pressure or anything, you don't even have to enter the tourney; it's totally fine to just show up for a bit and play some casuals, hang out, and watch the illustrious dualcats do mind-bending things with Samus.

idk about bi weeklies. there are the weeklies I run for melee on sundays that generates close to 40+ and then the weeklies at OU on tues that get about 15+
Join the Oklahoma Melee scene facebook page for more precise info
Also, make it a weekend thing and attend the PM weekly on saturday. each day costs $10. covers venue, doubles and singles.
I don't know why I said bi-weeklies there, lol. I think I must have had the chudat chronicles stuck in my mind.

ImaCat

Smash Rookie
School and stuff has been keeping me really busy lately, so I probably won't be going to anything for at least a week or two. Really one of the main reasons I'm reluctant is that it would feel weird being the only person there who didn't know anybody there. I'm gonna see if I can get my older brother or maybe some friends from votech on board with it. That would help pad the culture shock for me as well as resolve the driving thing. Many thanks for all the info, I'll be looking into going to one of these things before too long probably. :3

Last edited:

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
School and stuff has been keeping me really busy lately, so I probably won't be going to anything for at least a week or two. Really one of the main reasons I'm reluctant is that it would feel weird being the only person there who didn't know anybody there. I'm gonna see if I can get my older brother or maybe some friends from votech on board with it. That would help pad the culture shock for me as well as resolve the driving thing. Many thanks for all the info, I'll be looking into going to one of these things before too long probably. :3
Even if you don't know anyone there, we're all pretty friendly. Don't be afraid to come up and talk to us!

GspotJackson

Smash Rookie
NNID
GspotJackson
Hey guys,
I'm a smash 4 player from San Antonio and I'll be up in Norman the weekend of November the 7th. Do yall have anything going on that weekend? I'm looking to try and enter any tourneys that might be going on in the area

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
We have weeklies on firday night. I dont know of anything on the 7th.maybe I can host something. we will see

Probalo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mattoswine
3DS FC
4356-0295-3822
Switch FC
SW 5442-3764-0807
I feel ya, most of the time when I ask people what their Smashboards handle is at tournaments they reply "I don't use Smashboards."

beansisall

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, i just got back to OK and im lookin for tourneys or even just ppl to practice with. im out in Choctaw, but right by i40 so anything OKC/MidDel/Moore is easy for me

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hey guys, i just got back to OK and im lookin for tourneys or even just ppl to practice with. im out in Choctaw, but right by i40 so anything OKC/MidDel/Moore is easy for me
are you a follower of Melee, the One True Religion?

Top Bottom