• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lolololol people play brawl just everyone is lazy to meet up last time I hosted a brawl only smashfest and only a few came.

HEPH

Smash Rookie
WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DONT I KNOW YOU?!?!?! :( You should come to DZ Comics tomorrow.
Do you guys just play Melee and PM? I would love to come and check it out sometime, but if that's that case, then I can't promise you I'll be very much competition. Haha.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Do you guys just play Melee and PM? I would love to come and check it out sometime, but if that's that case, then I can't promise you I'll be very much competition. Haha.
Yeah at DZ its mainly PM and Melee BUT that doesnt mean it will stay that way for long if you want another smash game to be added you have to promote for it basically Smash 4 will be there soon I would highly suggest going though even if you don't compete in those two games I will be there just to chill and play friendlies in Smash 4 as im pretty much done playing the other smashes at the moment lol.

HEPH

Smash Rookie
Yeah at DZ its mainly PM and Melee BUT that doesnt mean it will stay that way for long if you want another smash game to be added you have to promote for it basically Smash 4 will be there soon I would highly suggest going though even if you don't compete in those two games I will be there just to chill and play friendlies in Smash 4 as im pretty much done playing the other smashes at the moment lol.

Right on. I'll definitely come check it out sometime really soon. Thanks for all your help guys.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Lol its all good though seems like Smash 4 is making the Brawl scene fight harder to survive im fine with that as I like all the smash games basically also you need to play me on Wi-Fi like old times sir!!!

Last edited:

Mythical Sloth

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, new to the scene and just wanting to see how it's like here in Oklahoma City. Just moved out here a couple of years ago and I'm just starting to get into the Smash Bros. competitive scene. I've been reading that DZ comics down in Moore has some tournaments every other Sunday. I'm really just a spectator but I'm willing to check it out next week.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Hey everyone, new to the scene and just wanting to see how it's like here in Oklahoma City. Just moved out here a couple of years ago and I'm just starting to get into the Smash Bros. competitive scene. I've been reading that DZ comics down in Moore has some tournaments every other Sunday. I'm really just a spectator but I'm willing to check it out next week.
Yay more new people!!! Wassup man welcome!!! I live on the northside of OKC and host smashfest usually every 2 weeks it'll mainly be Sm4sh now but if you play 64/Melee/Brawl/ or P:M I would still like you to come over!! As most of us play those games as well.

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
The DZ tournaments are weekly; come down whenever it's convenient man. We alternate between PM Doubles and Melee Singles, with PM Singles being a mainstay.

HEPH

Smash Rookie
I might be able to come out next weekend as well. If not that, then probably the weekend after that. Excited to meet you guys!

Mythical Sloth

Smash Rookie
Yay more new people!!! Wassup man welcome!!! I live on the northside of OKC and host smashfest usually every 2 weeks it'll mainly be Sm4sh now but if you play 64/Melee/Brawl/ or P:M I would still like you to come over!! As most of us play those games as well.
Thanks for the welcome, bro. I might have to work this Sunday but ill head out whenever I'm free for sure. Just let me know.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Houston's first major Smash 3ds event, The Road to TGC, is going down in 22 days (November 1st)! Official rules and games (Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X+Y and Smash 3ds) are locked in as well as a few free perks like no venue fee and free food if you decide to go.

This new generation of Houston tournaments will forge the way for TX to become one of the absolute best states to be smashing in but it can only happen if you support us like you did during the Brawl ages with HOBO and WHOBO. So please come on out to The Road to TGC, make friends, have fun, get better, earn some PR points and maybe make a little money too. I hope to see you guys soon.

PS: ill money match any Lucina/Marth with my Lucina.

The Road to TGC Smashboards page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/
The Road to TGC Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

edit: Just like i said to the other cities ive posted this in, if any one of you make top 3 in smash 4 singles, ill let you into all events for free at the next TGC you attend.

HEPH

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Just got Project M! Quite a learning curve. Haha. Anyway, I'm going to be practicing (cussing, screaming, throwing things, scaring my cat, etc...) for the next few weeks. I'll come by DZ and get my ass beat by you guys when I get used to the mechanics and stuff. Can't wait!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Sooooo we aren't doing Melee anymore?

I don't see how there can be tournaments through wifi though. I do like smash 4 more than I have ever liked brawl. Brawl was a disgrace to our community.

Have there been any cancels discovered in smash 4?

Reaperfan

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll be the second guy on this page to chime in saying I'm looking for more Smash :)

Reading this thread though it looks like I'm a bit more removed from everyone else here though since I live in Tulsa. Looking at some maps it seems like DZ Comics is a 2 hour drive away for me, and it's not that I couldn't make it (it would just be tougher for me to make it week-to-week consistently) but is there anything closer I could maybe get my foot in the door with?

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Depending on the game you want to play, Tulsa has a decent scene. For PM you have Tinto, Dad, and Turvis. The Melee scene is concentrated mainly in Norman, but I believe Raigoth still lives pretty close to Tulsa. As for frequent events, TABS is the Tulsa area biweekly series you're looking for, though I don't know who runs that now. I'd recommend looking and asking around on the facebook page; it's where the majority of the scene is now. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/541859482565869/?fref=nf)

Best of luck!

Reaperfan

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! However, as one of the few people who still don't use Facebook I can't glean that much information from that link. Anywhere else I can find out about that? A quick Google search doesn't turn up much.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
sadly no. Facebook is the way to go. Dad even made one simply for Smash lol (He lives in Tulsa. Top 3 squirtle in the country)

Pyrrole

Smash Rookie
Hello Everyone. Figured I'd introduce myself while everyone else was doing it.

I moved to OKC about two years ago to go to school. Now that I'm in the third year of my program, I have a ton of free time (relative to the last two years where I didn't even pick up a controller), and I decided I want to spend it playing video games. I've always been a huge fan of Smash and the scene around it, so I figured I'd join. I'm pretty universally terrible across every entry, so I'm looking forward to meeting and playing some of you guys.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone. Figured I'd introduce myself while everyone else was doing it.

I moved to OKC about two years ago to go to school. Now that I'm in the third year of my program, I have a ton of free time (relative to the last two years where I didn't even pick up a controller), and I decided I want to spend it playing video games. I've always been a huge fan of Smash and the scene around it, so I figured I'd join. I'm pretty universally terrible across every entry, so I'm looking forward to meeting and playing some of you guys.
Yo, i like your username. And your avatar.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol simply cuz I check it more and can update the title with events and such like the olden days. Also helps that I am a major role in the scene and Po isnt so much anymore :/ #cometoSBW3

Last edited:
Top Bottom