• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Jity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitty_009
3DS FC
2363-6509-4817
Hey now lets turn down the profanity, some of my best friends are asterisks

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Hey guys, TGM (for old gens) or Xyro (for new gens) here, i just wanted to confirm that MLG has seen all these grassroot events we are doing and has decided to guarantee MELEE a spot at MLG Championships (Anaheim, Ca). Melee has not been at MLG since 06-07 iirc so this is a HUGE deal. Expect an official announcement today or by friday.

So what now? If you have been to an MLG event before, you already know that MLG will not seed you at all unless you have circuit points. If you have not been to an MLG event lmao you now know the same info. So how do you get these seeding points? Attend MLG grassroot events and MLG will award points to the top 64 players in Melee at these events. These points will then give you a better seed at MLG Anaheim.

March 29th | CEO Prologue (SSBM) | Orlando, FL
May 3rd - 4th | WHOBO 6 (SSBM/SSBB) | Houston, TX
May 10th-11th | Get on My Level (SSBM/SSBB) | Toronto, Canada
May 24th- 25th | Pat’s House 2 (SSBM) | San Diego, CA
May 31st - June 1st | SKTAR 3 (SSBB / SSBM) | Somerset, NJ

See those events? These are all the MLG sponsored grassroot events that will award points to Melee (1st-64th place). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE attend as many of these as possible and get yourself points.

edit: Think about this for a second. iirc MLG pays out the top 10. When brawl was at MLG Championships (Dallas) in 2010, 7th place got $1000 iirc. 7TH PLACE!!!!! I assume MLG will do the same (or better) in terms of money this time around. These grassroot seeding points will def help you reach a easy 7th place.

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

FB Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/278250605676938/

AiB event page: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
can we please have a tourney so i can see how rusty i am? i don't care if i have to give a handy out as the first place prize, let's play
hosting one on April 5th that will be huge. where you been? will also be throwing one end of July early august...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
btw guys idk how many people are gonna show up to edmond...most of us are wanting to stay in norman that night to save gas and sleep

I'm gonna be in Norman, since all the top PM players will be there. I've been putting way more work into PM Ness recently.

At some point though, someone's going to have to teach me how to good Falco.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
expansion packs have ruined games in the past, too. just ask blizzard.

ggs friday, i didn't realize until i got home that i didn't directly say bye to jeff or paemon and feel like an ass. sorry, peeps - was tired as balls and not thinking. shoutouts to pizza fingers, i'm down to play next thurs-sun sometime if people are down.

cPalms

Smash Rookie
Anyone up for some Tulsa smashing? I need better players to play against!

Also are they any frequent Tulsa Tournaments?

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
huge tournament in norman april 5th.

i think PJ gamers in broken arrow will have one a few weeks after. its on SCGs website.

the oklahoma pm facebook page has tulsa smashers on there

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

5 more days until online registration ends for WHOBO MLG Houston. You can still register (pay venue fee) at the door but it will be 40$ instead of 30$.

Some key things to remember:
AirBrushKing is donating a 100$ pot bonus to Melee and i am donating 100$ pot bonus to Brawl. No promises but we are working on a pot bonus for PM.

Melee gets MLG seeding points for the MLG 2014 championships in Anaheim. The top 32 players in Melee 1vs1 get these points. To claim them you must register at https://accounts.majorleaguegaming.com/account/new

There will be a trophy for Brawl and medals for all events (melee/PM/Brawl/ssb64)

Please bring a full set-up we really need them. Free drink vouchers and some custome smash posters are available to the first wave of people who bring full set-ups (wii/ssbb+ssbm/tv).

For more info on rules or anything WHOBO related including registration please go to the links below. If you have any questions, post in those 2 links and me or ABK will get back to you.

FB link: https://m.facebook.com/events/278250605676938

SWF link: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...ition-brawl-melee-pm-64-200-pot-bonus.348315/

AllisBrawl link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14466#

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Coming out of my Lazarus Pit to say this...

What the ****, Wife? Get rid of Doubles in Tournaments?!? I am terribly disappointed in you for even suggesting it.

**** that... as the Greatest Teammate in OK Smash History, I will never be on board with removing Doubles. That's where I do some of my best work, and some of the best memes in the community were born in Doubles Matches (WOMBO COMBO, anyone?)...

I will NEVER forget when Chris and Coty took on Isai and King at OC3 and Chris got hit with the Jesus Combo...

*Named as such because I saw God that day in the form of the Greatest C. Falcon Combo of All Time... On that day, the Lord looketh upon KOS-MOS, and unto him delivered many u-airs, and smote the wretched Peach with the Almighty Knee... I heard the Lord's Voice and He told me His name was ISAI...*

Has this community truly become so scrubby that no one wants to practice teams and would rather sit through more boring singles matches?

Terrible, simply terrible...

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Yea, no one wants to get rid of teams lol it was a stupid post on his part. June 14th, SCG will be hosting a melee/project M tourney.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Announcement: For those who missed the announcement on the MLG.Tv stream the new championship series is called Texas Gaming Championships. TGC is a professional video game championship series featuring the best players in Texas competing in variety of tournaments to see who is the best. TGC events will feature top player rankings in Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS, Ultra Street Fighter 4, Pokemon X & Y, Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mario Kart 8, Killer Instinct. TGC will also feature a BYOC (Bring Your Own Console) area and any game that has more than 8 entrants will qualify for running a tournament. If the any game gets more than 16 players or more consistently I will add it to the official game lineup. The benefits of it being added to the official game lineup is rankings and sponsorship. If you are in the top rankings you will get media coverage such being in articles, tv, etc. For sponsorship for the games, sponsors will give out money and prizes to the official lineup of games and they will have priority. Space in the BYOC area will be limited so this is a 1st come 1st serve. Our 1st TGC event is projected to be Feb 2015. We realize the potential of growth in these events so I want to introduce Tournament Helpers. I will be creating a list of venues to host these events and have a few in mind. This and more is what can brought to the table as long as we get everyone's support. For more details and announcements click like on our like page at https://www.facebook.com/TexasGamingChampionships and stay tuned for updates!

Tournament Helpers: A tournament helper will help run the brackets and make sure the tournament is being run on time. We always will be looking for Tournament Helpers and volunteers so if you are interested contact me at www.tgcseries.com/contact-us

TGC Tournament Leaders: AirbrushKing and Xyro/Allan Sims. ABK will be running Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and Xyro will be running Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

TGC Helpers: Sylint/Justin Brown - Ultra Street Fighter 4
Quince Easter - Killer Instinct
Sync or Player 4 - Pokemon X & Y
Rocket Trainer - Mario Kart 8

#1: Magazine Coverage: Young Houston Magazine is a magazine that covers fashion, music entertainment and much more. They currently do not have a gaming section in there magazine but i brought the idea to the CEO of the magazine and he is interested in doing a article featuring the top ranking players. I have a graphics team that will create the graphic layout for the magazine and these magazines will be available for print and online. Once the 1st issue of the magazine is out with TGC being featured I have a some more magazine company's who are interested in this idea as well. This will add a new audience and gain new readers which will turn into new players being added to the Texas Gaming scene.

#2: Tv Coverage: Fox 26 and Channel 11 are interested in covering TGC events. I have other stations that I been in contact with and will make an announcement at a later time.

#3: Mobile App: Me and my team are creating a TGC mobile app. This app will feature top player rankings, events, announcements, livestream and much more. This app will be on 3 platforms Android, iOS and Windows. In this app will feature a share button so you can share it with all your friends and contacts in your phone.

#4: Sponsors: Devry University was one of my 1st sponsors and sponsored a TYS event with prizes and prepaid visa credit cards. I have been talking to alot of sponsors and getting close to deals so once everything is set in stone I will be making some announcements so stay tuned!

#5: Press: I will be talking to the Houston Press, Newspaper, Greensheet and other press sources about featuring TGC as an article. I can see about getting TGC on the cover as well. I got the cover of the Houston Press back in 2012 so this is possible.

#6: Radio: I have alot of friends that work at 97.9 the box and will be talking to them and other radio stations about TGC.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Coming out of my Lazarus Pit to say this...

What the ****, Wife? Get rid of Doubles in Tournaments?!? I am terribly disappointed in you for even suggesting it.

**** that... as the Greatest Teammate in OK Smash History, I will never be on board with removing Doubles. That's where I do some of my best work, and some of the best memes in the community were born in Doubles Matches (WOMBO COMBO, anyone?)...

I will NEVER forget when Chris and Coty took on Isai and King at OC3 and Chris got hit with the Jesus Combo...

*Named as such because I saw God that day in the form of the Greatest C. Falcon Combo of All Time... On that day, the Lord looketh upon KOS-MOS, and unto him delivered many u-airs, and smote the wretched Peach with the Almighty Knee... I heard the Lord's Voice and He told me His name was ISAI...*

Has this community truly become so scrubby that no one wants to practice teams and would rather sit through more boring singles matches?

Terrible, simply terrible...
To those that went there, don't understand how god, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (all 3 turned out to be Mexican,who knew?) came to be in the form of isai to deliver a combo ending with a knee to the death if Kosmos in a matter of seconds... South paw literally told Chris not to get combo'd and die.

I swear, Isai had 3 jumps without touching the ground...

Top Bottom