• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

T0MMY

Smash Master
They have been, GC really doesn't do much to report what they do here on Smashboards, but the Melee players seem to keep things up to date pretty well. Hopefully someone will do the same for the SSB4 players in WA, there really needs to be a general WA social thread here on SWF.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
how do you know that mudkip universe, you have never been to a melee gameclucks
how dare you mention that. It's really 80+ entrants actually
Do you think Gameclucks will start hosting Smash 4 tournaments, or have they already been doing so?
They have been already hosting them. The smash tournaments are all on the same day.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
What's gucci

If I tried to start up a small bi-weely/monthly smashfest around capitol hill in seattle, would anyone show up?

I'm thinking two to three setups to start. It might just be hosted out of my apartment if I can get my roommate to agree to it.
I'd totally come.

I live in Seatac, and I need a training partner (warning, I'm a kid just in case you don't like losers).

I get literally NO human practice (outside of maybe gameclucks).
Come to our tuk house fests that evan ticeman hosts (he usually makes a post in the melee fb groub we have). Or if you can't make it to our place friday evenings I'd be down to play with you.

Bunk

Smash Rookie
If I tried to start up a small bi-weely/monthly smashfest around capitol hill in seattle, would anyone show up?

I'm thinking two to three setups to start. It might just be hosted out of my apartment if I can get my roommate to agree to it.
I might go. Probably not consistently though.

LimeSkinny

Smash Rookie
Anybody in Cheney/Spokane area? (or east side) I go to Eastern Washington. Me and my roomates are very competitive at Smash but never been to tournament. Also during breaks we go back to west side so a tournament around spring break if you guys know of any
There are monthlies at Black Wolf Gaming Center in Spokane Valley.
You should check out the facebook page Eastern Washington Smash, the scene in Spokane doesn't post to smashboards for some reason.
You can also check out the facebook page Smash Bros at WSU if you'd be interested in making the trip to Pullman. I am a student at WSU and we have weeklies of probably 20-30 entrants, and our monthlies usually around 40.

JMoney$

Smash Cadet
thanks @ LimeSkinny LimeSkinny , I actually went to a tournament this last Saturday and it was awesome! Did Project M and Melee and in both tournaments I Lost-Won-Lost, super fun tho and good 1st tournament. and yeah maybe sometime I'll make a trip to Pullman to see friends and play Smash. you guys got a Fbook group?

LimeSkinny

Smash Rookie
thanks @ LimeSkinny LimeSkinny , I actually went to a tournament this last Saturday and it was awesome! Did Project M and Melee and in both tournaments I Lost-Won-Lost, super fun tho and good 1st tournament. and yeah maybe sometime I'll make a trip to Pullman to see friends and play Smash. you guys got a Fbook group?
Yeah "Smash Bros at WSU"

xezuru

Smash Rookie
How far is Smash Games from UWT? Have a decently long drive to that area anyways, prolly won't make their weeklies but might at least support the store some time.

I wonder if there's any local hubs near me, live more between Kent/Issaquah, I'm pretty ass but getting beat up by people who actually know how to play must be better than nothing.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
How far is Smash Games from UWT? Have a decently long drive to that area anyways, prolly won't make their weeklies but might at least support the store some time.

I wonder if there's any local hubs near me, live more between Kent/Issaquah, I'm pretty *** but getting beat up by people who actually know how to play must be better than nothing.
Im in Renton if you wanna play aha

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
how dare you mention that. It's really 80+ entrants actually

They have been already hosting them. The smash tournaments are all on the same day.
So I'm new to the smash scene and play 64and ssb4. I live near Lynwood and I was wondering if someone could give me all the info about GameCluck tournaments (adress, dates,time,fees). Also is the tournaments suitable for 12-14 year
olds?

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
So I'm new to the smash scene and play 64and ssb4. I live near Lynwood and I was wondering if someone could give me all the info about GameCluck tournaments (adress, dates,time,fees). Also is the tournaments suitable for 12-14 year
olds?
yes, you can enter if you are somewhere around that age
as a matter of fact I'm 13.

there is a website for gameclucks (simply gameclucks.com) which will really only tell you the adress

the facebook group will have the info on the event https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie

there is a website for gameclucks (simply gameclucks.com) which will really only tell you the adress

the facebook group will have the info on the event
Also is there any prize for winning the tournaments? I was thinking to go with some of my friends during spring break(April 4-12). Also what time do the tournaments usually end?

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Also is there any prize for winning the tournaments? I was thinking to go with some of my friends during spring break(April 4-12). Also what time do the tournaments usually end?
The prizes are cash and they usually run pretty late (Usually doesn't end until 11 ish pm) For Saturday (Melee, P:M, 64) But I've heard Sunday gets over a lot sooner (Just smash4)

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
The prizes are cash and they usually run pretty late (Usually doesn't end until 11 ish pm) For Saturday (Melee, P:M, 64) But I've heard Sunday gets over a lot sooner (Just smash4)
Do you know how much cash you get for each place (1st,2nd,3rd)? Also does anyone know when smash4 usually finishes and starts?

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Also is there usually food there? It seems to run pretty late. Also when does the tourneys start and are they on weekends?
from my experience it doesn't run too late, gameclucks February had grand finals ending at 9:00. someone brought a crap ton of soda, but I'm not sure if that'll happen again.

The tournament is on Saturday, march 7th. The facebook group probably has the other information.

ALSO I NEED TO PLAY YOU JUST ONCE SO PEOPLE CAN WATCH THE "NEXT GENERATION OF MELEE" PLAY

Last edited:

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
from my experience it doesn't run too late, gameclucks February had grand finals ending at 9:00. someone brought a crap ton of soda, but I'm not sure if that'll happen again.

The tournament is on Saturday, march 7th. The facebook group probably has the other information.

ALSO I NEED TO PLAY YOU JUST ONCE SO PEOPLE CAN WATCH THE "NEXT GENERATION OF MELEE" PLAY
Do people even eat during the tournys? Also how large is the cash prize?And are all the smash games on the same day?

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Do people even eat during the tournys? Also how large is the cash prize?And are all the smash games on the same day?
You're not suppose to go out and eat while the tournament is going on but depending on when you arrive/leave you can go out and eat. The cash prize for first last month was around $150 I think but they prize depending on how many people show up. Since we have a smaller venue now Melee, Project M, and 64 are on Saturday while Smash 4 is on Sunday.

Last edited:

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie

the facebook group will have the info on the event
It won't let me on the FB page so can you give me the info ( entry/venue fee, start time date)

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie

Can you stay after the tourny for a bit to play frendlies?

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know of a paying weekly in Kirkland with a entry fee under $10? I need some money and practice for GameClucks. I play 64, Melee, and smash 4.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Does anyone know of a paying weekly in Kirkland with a entry fee under $10? I need some money and practice for GameClucks. I play 64, Melee, and smash 4.
I can't think of a weekly. However, I think that every Monday you can just show up to gameclucks and play with people (apparently from 2pm - 10pm). I should've not told you on Monday lol

Last edited:

FearTheJiggles

Smash Rookie
I can't think of a weekly. However, I think that every Monday you can just show up to gameclucks and play with people (apparently from 2pm - 10pm). I should've not told you on Monday lol
It's okay. I might come next Monday for like an hour or so.
A lot of tournaments aren't going to be under $10 especially one that pays out.
It doesn't have to be alot. I'm dead broke and just need like $15-25 for gameclucks.

silverhick

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm new to the board and game. Been playing a ton of Smash on 3ds and Wii U, mostly against COM or online. Would love to meet up and play with legit players I could learn a thing or two from. Probably going to hit up Super Smash Games tourney next time one comes around but if you feel like getting in a game or two in the evening I work in South Seattle and commute all the way to Puyallup so any excuse to get out of that traffic would be great. Let me know.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Hey all, I'm new to the board and game. Been playing a ton of Smash on 3ds and Wii U, mostly against COM or online. Would love to meet up and play with legit players I could learn a thing or two from. Probably going to hit up Super Smash Games tourney next time one comes around but if you feel like getting in a game or two in the evening I work in South Seattle and commute all the way to Puyallup so any excuse to get out of that traffic would be great. Let me know.
https://www.facebook.com/events/636325789830057/
There are Bi-Weekly Smash4 tournaments in Renton that are great practice for any new player.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
thread is 2 dead.

I'm playing in a tournament at my school with randoms, most of which don't play melee. Now I can go around saying I won a tournament.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
What's up Washington! I'm a melee player from Utah, and I'm going to be in the Vancouver area in a couple of weeks. Do you guys have any tournaments or weeklies I could go to in the area?

Top Bottom