• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
there are weeklies at super smash games in south tacoma or monthlies at gameclucks.

Lavos_

Smash Rookie
If I tried to start up a small bi-weely/monthly smashfest around capitol hill in seattle, would anyone show up?

I'm thinking two to three setups to start. It might just be hosted out of my apartment if I can get my roommate to agree to it.

yokothewolf

Smash Rookie
Hey, new to Washington state after spending a few months in New York. Located in Longview, hoping I could get some information upon the scene here in Washington and appreciate any and all information. Thanks in advance.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Hey, new to Washington state after spending a few months in New York. Located in Longview, hoping I could get some information upon the scene here in Washington and appreciate any and all information. Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if there are weeklies in your area. BUT Gameclucks holds a tourney in Lynwood on the first Saturday of every month. It's a bit of a drive for you (and me, but not as far), but I have a ton of fun there. Check it out!

Corpathium

Smash Rookie
Been a while for me, but I'd like to get back into the competitive scene. Was originally a player in Memphis, stopped playing for a while, and moved. Yet here I am, drawn back in. :) Nice to meet you guys, good to see there's a scene up here for it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
next ssg is PM Singles, then PM Doubles

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
when's smash 4 singles lol

smash 4 is a better improvement of brawl than pm is :p

drewkid96

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm new to the scene and relatively new to competitive smash.

I was wondering if anyone here is located in eastern Washington/knows about any monthly or weekly comps in the area (think Spokane area)

I need new people to play... Lol

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
Hey guys. I'm new to the scene and relatively new to competitive smash.

I was wondering if anyone here is located in eastern Washington/knows about any monthly or weekly comps in the area (think Spokane area)

I need new people to play... Lol
there is a monthly at black wolf gaming i think

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Hi guys!

I'm an oldschool smash player from the early melee days.

There is a pretty good chance I'll be spending the summer working at an externship in Fall City. I know this is a bit off topic, but I was curious which smash players were from the area and would be interested in meeting up and getting some smash in on occasion. I'd also be up for heading to some events if they aren't too far away. Please keep in mind I live on the East Coast and haven't been too active in any of the smash scenes since 2006 (although I have played all the smash games aside from 64 to some extent), so the only WA players I remember are the old skypal group. Speaking of which, are any of them still around?

I guess I should mention I just got offered the position a few days ago, but I don't know much about Fall City or WA in general. If anyone has suggestions on sites to see or places to live I'd greatly appreciate the info. I was thinking of finding a furnished apartment in Fall City, but it might make more sense to just live in Seattle since it's only about 20 miles from Fall City.

Last edited:

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Hi guys!

I'm a pretty oldschool smash player from the early melee days.

There is a pretty good chance I'll be spending the summer working at an externship in Fall City. I know this is a bit off topic, but I was curious which smash players were from the area and would be interested in meeting up and getting some smash in on occasion. I'd also be up for heading to some events if they aren't too far away. Please keep in mind I live on the East Coast and haven't been too active in any of the smash scenes since 2006 (although I have played all the smash games aside from 64 to some extent), so the only WA players I remember are the old skypal group. Speaking of which, are any of them still around? I

I guess I should mention I just got offered the position a few days ago, but I don't know much about Fall City or WA in general. If anyone has suggestions on sites to see or places to live I'd greatly appreciate the info. I was thinking of finding a furnished apartment in Fall City, but it might make more sense to just live in Seattle since it's only about 20 miles from Fall City.
I'm not 100% sure if anyone in Fall City plays and I know the Seattle area is filled with smash players but you should definitely join the facebook group if you're not already in it! https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Heya, everyone. I'm going to be moving to Rainier in just a couple of days, so I figured it couldn't hurt to check in and see what kind of a scene for Smash 4/Project M/just general gaming there might or might not be. Hope I get a chance to hang out and get some fun games in at some point!

pk_melee

Smash Cadet
If I tried to start up a small bi-weely/monthly smashfest around capitol hill in seattle, would anyone show up?

I'm thinking two to three setups to start. It might just be hosted out of my apartment if I can get my roommate to agree to it.
Pick a time and post the details.

Last edited:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'd love to go to something like that as well, even if it would be a bit of a drive from Rainier. =)

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
hey does anyone know about any other tournies in the pierce county area other than ssg? im always working tuesday generally so i havent gone in months and i really want to get back into competitive play.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
PLU's been starting up on wednesdays, if youre in the melee FB group, they make posts about it on tuesday nights

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
im off wednesday how much is the entry fee? and what do you guys normally play? i still gotta ask oreo about helping me with fox but i figured he was busy last time so i didn't ask.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
What's the Facebook page, if I may ask? And how tough a trip would it be from Rainier, do you suppose?

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Don't wanna mention ppl by name, but does anyone know someone by the initials M.L. from south Tacoma? Best in Bellevue College's smash club? Meeting up with a bud from my high school who I just learned played smash, and want to know if this M.L. dude he mentioned is legit aha. Doesn't know his tag, but he says has has made or ppl think he cud make 10th on state PR or something. Not calling anyone out with this, just wondering and trying to size ppl up before I MM my friend lol

EDIT: Clearly haven't been paying attention, found out he was referring to Mike Lau (new 10th on PR lol)

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
At gameclucks, I played somebody in Falco dittos (friendlies). This is a message to whoever was playing me (I was the kid). (sorry, I never ask names) When you were on the ledge, I Daired you. This happened 2-3 times in the set. If you had not stood on the edge for that long, you might have won the set.

just A tip for next time you play.

Last edited:

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was wondering as to what I should do if I wanted to jump into competitive smash in WA. I live in Samammish, right next to Issaquah, and about 20-30 minutes drive from Seattle.
I've played smash just about as long as I can remember. I'm in High School now, and I got Melee in 2003. I fell in love and played it on and off for years. Then, about a year and a half ago, I discovered competitive smash. I fell even harder in love with the game than at first, and specifically, Hax's sets at Evo 2013 are what got me hooked.
So now I'm in an awkward position. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the game, for someone who's never competed in a tournament. Right now, I just play smash with my friends, but I want to try my hand at competition. Any advice?

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
I live in Seatac, and I need a training partner (warning, I'm a kid just in case you don't like losers).

I get literally NO human practice (outside of maybe gameclucks).

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Sup guys, I'm in wenatchee with the central washington smash group. Any of you players are free to play with us (just join our fb page central washington smash bros bla bla something like that you'll find it, and ask us when to meet)

anyway, I'm going to the tri cities next week and I'm trying to find if there is any weekleys I could attend?
I don't care what game as long as it's not like four player matches with items, or brawl0-0

JMoney$

Smash Cadet
Anybody in Cheney/Spokane area? (or east side) I go to Eastern Washington. Me and my roomates are very competitive at Smash but never been to tournament. Also during breaks we go back to west side so a tournament around spring break if you guys know of any

Top Bottom