• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yah, its Melee doubles. week after is melee singles, pm singles, then this time for PM doubles (and melee doubles next doubles week), we're gonna do random partners

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
why the switch up of random partners? wouldnt that mess with some peoples team game?

Yung Mei

it gives variation to teams, otherwise the same people would be winning teams every time. Plus its fun

Yung Mei

yah, melee singles today, PM singles next week, then Random PM Doubles

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
idk if its possible but do you guys think ssg could host more than once a week? That way we could alternate faster, that would be kinda cool.

Yung Mei

we've talked about it before, but it was suggested we keep it once a week, because most fests die out faster if they're more often than once a week

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
literally perfect timing that i checked smashboards now lol. I figured that was the case though, wouldn't seem as special but some people cant make tuesday.

Last edited:

nDie

Smash Apprentice
nDie, thanks a lot for the extra practice today. I did way better than I normally do at tourneys!
Any time, glad I could help a bit.

Really wish we could start getting monthlies going at SSG, but I don't know if they even have enough room with all the arcade cabs in there now :/ We just need more tournaments down Souf.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
is there even enough people for monthlies to happen in the 253? side note, im still trying to find a fellow fox main here :/ seems like nobody can help me with harder tech.

Yung Mei

we can definitely get a monthly going, but the main problem is the available room we have (currently), and hyping it up and stuff. I've already been told by the owners that people have asked for tournaments. The first tournament we ran was a massive success, the second was honestly a failure, since it was only mentioned once, then never again. I didn't even go to it because i forgot about it (and i live down the street from the place)

We can try organizing a monthly, but i think it'll have to wait until we get more available room

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
if we get monthlies going then we should have streams and commentary as well. As far as space is concerned is it not possible to rearrange the room or get smaller chairs? something to make moving from match to match less of a hassle?

Yung Mei

not at the moment no, because they still have all that **** in the back corner (piles of unused hardware and stuff)
until we have enough room for everyone to sit comfortably and have a reliable amount of setups at any given time, i don't think we'll be able to host a monthly

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
hmm maybe the monthlies could be hosted elsewhere then and keep the weeklies at ssg?

Softie

Smash Rookie
I have been wanting to go to Melee tournaments. I was wondering if someone could tell me where the Tacoma weeklies are. I would be very happy to be able to attend :D

Yung Mei

the tacoma weeklies are at Super Smash Games on 56th and South Tacoma. 3bux to play, and its from 4-10

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Do I need to bring any setups or anything?
The venue has a few CRT's, so no reason to bring one of those. Gamecubes/Wii's are much appreciated however!
Note that this upcoming Tuesday and the next are PM tourneys, but feel free to bring a copy of Melee!

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i still dont understand completely how tourneys work lol, i could have sworn we had more matches. On a side note how was my falcon? i forget to do tech stuff a lot in doubles.

Lavos_

Smash Rookie
Hey guys.

I used to play melee a ton in the Midwest, but I fell out of it for the last few years when I finished school. Are there any smashfests within bus distance of downtown Seattle around here? I don't have a car, so I'm really hoping there are some players around the downtown/cap hill/university area. I know about Gameclucks on Mondays, but that's pretty hard for me to attend with work.

I've got a setup at my apartment if there's anyone else downtown who would like to meet up and play some games.

Last edited:

CupOJavascript

Smash Rookie
hey all,
Im new to smashboards and the competitive scene, Ive played smash all my life but only REALLY got into it late last year.
Im in Des Moines and im wondering if there's anywhere near here that i can go to for weeklies or just to play really.

Top Bottom