• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
is there prize money for winning in brackets?

disregard that lol forgot brackets are free

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
sometimes we do, yeah

lately people have been trying to bring setups to stream

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
it was fun playing with everyone their, but idk if i met anybody from this thread there lol.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
Hey hey
Ive been looking around for jobs in new cities that I could see myself living in, including counties close to seattle, and while also looking around to see where good spots to play smash are in washington I came across this and saw you guys talking about tacoma and I thought I would ask you guys for some help

How is the living/job/social/etc environment around Tacoma, in your guys' opinions?
Is it Pretty easy to find a apt to live in with nice roommates? or would you say it's more sketchy and I should prolly go solo on that one?
Ive read about it in the last 30 minutes, but I feel you guys could give me better insight

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Hey hey
Ive been looking around for jobs in new cities that I could see myself living in, including counties close to seattle, and while also looking around to see where good spots to play smash are in washington I came across this and saw you guys talking about tacoma and I thought I would ask you guys for some help

How is the living/job/social/etc environment around Tacoma, in your guys' opinions?
Is it Pretty easy to find a apt to live in with nice roommates? or would you say it's more sketchy and I should prolly go solo on that one?
Ive read about it in the last 30 minutes, but I feel you guys could give me better insight
tacoma is ok. some areas in tacoma (or near) i recommend are North Tacoma, Fircrest or University Place. I've hung around fircrest every now and then, its nice there. Depends really what places youre looking to be nearby and how much you're willing to spend on rent. There's also a bunch of apartment complexes near the Tacoma Mall if you wanna check those out online, i'm pretty sure they have virtual tours and ****. Otherwise, i dont know a whole lot about jobs and social **** here, afaik theres a lot more social stuff to do in seattle, but idk about jobs.

Last edited:

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
this might be helpful for apartment hunting http://www.zillow.com/. Tacoma is a small city so there isn't a ton of things to do but there are a lot of jobs in the surrounding area that are hiring all the time. Also the smash scene is way smaller than places like cali or the east coast.

halfzy

Smash Apprentice
I'd say the WA smash scene is the biggest on the west coast besides Cali tho

The only place on east coast that is bigger is new York and florida

And the SSG brackets are always perfect when I'm there lol.
it was fun playing with everyone their, but idk if i met anybody from this thread there lol.
Not sure who u were? But I was Oreo aka the Dood with the fro with tha nasty bird lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, nothing wrong with the smash scene in Tacoma. We have 2 weeklies that get 10+ people, and it's only an hour or so from Seattle, where the rest of the Western Washington scene is, so I wouldn't worry about that.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i was the new guy there lol, first out of bracket with double ganon. I didn't really get the chance to talk to everyone there.

Last edited:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't know if I caught you, since I was the guy only playing melee

I only played Meiling, Trenton, and a few new guys which was pretty cool to see (new people who want to play melee instead of p:m is always nice)

I'll look out for you next tuesday though

Yung Mei

Nah, i got scheduled for work cuz the other security guard wanted to use his vacation days :\
I'd just pass the streaming stuff to someone, but i dont wanna just hand it to anyone, since i just got it recently, and dont want to run the risk of something accidentally getting broken

N8J

Smash Rookie
Hey me and my friend are fairly new to competitive smash and were wondering about the smash scene in Olympia, WA. Are there any meetings or tournaments that you guys know about? Thanks for the help.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Olympia has a small group, @Daftatt could tell you more. Other than that, the closest things are SSG weeklies on tuesday and Puyallup weeklies on Thursday.

N8J

Smash Rookie
Thanks. Where could I get more info on the SSG and Puyallup weeklies?

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
For those that attend the weeklies in Tacoma, is next week Melee Singles or 2v2? If it's 2v2, anyone interested in partnering?

Yung Mei

Yep, PM singles next week ( the 12th), then the week after Melee Doubles.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i've never played melee doubles competitively, who makes a good team? i've seen a lot of fox/falcons but there has to be more?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
There are a huge amount of combinations that make good teams

Though usually a team with a character who can control space and accumulate damage + a character with raw kill power tends to see success. That's why you don't often see things like double peach on a team - that being said any two good players with synergy and a good understanding of the game can make a good team. Some characters are definitely stronger in teams than they are in singles though, like Puff and Falcon

Yung Mei

Also depends on who you're playing with. Gotta have that 10/10 team synergy

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Thanks for the schedule guys! I might try to make the PM singles. I'll bring a Melee set up in case anyone wants to play friendlies.

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
whats the plan for this coming tuesday? melee doubles? i'm hopefully bringing a friend.
edit: i need to read lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom