• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be in Washington till the 13th. Any tournaments in that time frame?
I believe I mentioned that the GameClucks monthly falls on this coming Saturday, but FYI the Olympian II (the other tourney I mentioned) has been delayed until...July 28th or something. So the GameClucks monthly (July 5th; Lynnwood, WA) will now be the only Washington tourney before the 13th I believe.

EDIT: Typoed July 28th ^up there^. It should say July 18th instead.

Last edited:

Vista

Smash Journeyman
hi guys, I'm hot_bid from TeamLiquid and I'm wondering if anyone has advice/help for someone looking to find a CRT in the Bellevue/Seattle area for July 6-23. willing to pay $ to rent a CRT if possible, doesn't have to be big.

i am attending the international dota 2 tournament and there are a lot of staff / players that play.

thanks! i'm going to try to look on craigslist but i'd much rather buy/rent a CRT from one of you guys.
hotbid pls sign my forehead

c9 will win ti woop

The Mighty Blues

Smash Rookie
I believe I mentioned that the GameClucks monthly falls on this coming Saturday, but FYI the Olympian II (the other tourney I mentioned) has been delayed until...July 28th or something. So the GameClucks monthly (July 5th; Lynnwood, WA) will now be the only Washington tourney before the 13th I believe.
Alright, again thanks for the info. Now that I'm here in Washington it's a lot easier to plan for tournaments.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I'm not only interested in Melee but since I am interested in Melee I figured i'd chime in.. Sadly I'm in the middle of nowhere in Washington. Moses Lake. At Job Corps currently.. So I sadly don't have time if at all to go out and smash but I figured! I'd see if I can at least post around

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
so the july 28th one is in olympia?

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
I'm not only interested in Melee but since I am interested in Melee I figured i'd chime in.. Sadly I'm in the middle of nowhere in Washington. Moses Lake. At Job Corps currently.. So I sadly don't have time if at all to go out and smash but I figured! I'd see if I can at least post around
AlienAllen AlienAllen and SpruceLee SpruceLee are your best bets for practice in moses lake :)

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I am Little Nemo and I live in Moses along with those two casuals. Job Corps is out on the base next to the College, right? I live pretty near you. Once you have time to play definitely hit one of us up. I don't care if we just play for a couple minutes. Anything for Smash.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
I am Little Nemo and I live in Moses along with those two casuals. Job Corps is out on the base next to the College, right? I live pretty near you. Once you have time to play definitely hit one of us up. I don't care if we just play for a couple minutes. Anything for Smash.
This guy know's both of those players i mentioned.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I think after I'm done with my trade and start the stuff at the college it'll be way more manageable.

Yeah its right darn next to it. I'll try to hit you up sometime when I can ^^.

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
We try to play weekly at my place. More often if we can. Alien is by far the best of us 3. Spruce is either worse or better than me. We're unsure.
I'm excited to have a 4th player here. If you have a facebook I definitely suggest joining the Washington and Eastern Washington groups.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We try to play weekly at my place. More often if we can. Alien is by far the best of us 3. Spruce is either worse or better than me. We're unsure.
I'm excited to have a 4th player here. If you have a facebook I definitely suggest joining the Washington and Eastern Washington groups.
I'm excited to play with you guys sometimes in the future.

Hope you don't mind a player who hasn't had the competitive mindset until recently when I can finally join in

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I'm excited to play with you guys sometimes in the future.

Hope you don't mind a player who hasn't had the competitive mindset until recently when I can finally join in
We don't mind at all. That was Spruce and I not too long ago. Alien has been playing so long he can pretty easily help you where we can't. He's really good at picking out bad habits and helping you overall improve yourself.
I just hope we don't make you want to quit or something.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
We don't mind at all. That was Spruce and I not too long ago. Alien has been playing so long he can pretty easily help you where we can't. He's really good at picking out bad habits and helping you overall improve yourself.
I just hope we don't make you want to quit or something.
Nah I'm always up for learning. I may get frustrated at first but don't take it personally

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Who do you guys main in Melee?

I tend to revolve around Link, Marth and Peach. But I mess with some others too

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well i'm glad to see some fellow smashers near my Job Corps. Thats for sure.. I'll try to figure out a way to get away for some matches.. I may have to wait till I just start college till I have the freedom. Sorry it may be acouple months

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Alien: Falcon/ plays everyone at least OK
Me: Falcon/Ness. Picking up Sheik since she seems to be better for the way I play.

Babuji

Smash Rookie
Hey are there any smashers who live in the Redmond area? I'm dying to get into competitive play but I have no one to really play against, since I can't drive out to tournaments.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Hey are there any smashers who live in the Redmond area? I'm dying to get into competitive play but I have no one to really play against, since I can't drive out to tournaments.
Gonna redirect you to a thread that was made a few weeks ago (;

(Sorry if that comes off as tacky; in a rush, but I wanna give you all the info still! Aha. Hope to welcome to UBD in person sometime soon :D)

Last edited:

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
I know you said you can't drive out to tournaments, but you should REALLY try to come the gameclucks on the 2nd of August! It's gonna be hype :)

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
JediSuperSonic, I don't know if this was mentioned but you should join the EWA Smash group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EWASmashBros/

Also, look me up on Facebook (Allen Niman). The Moses Lake group has a conversation going where we talk about playing weekly. You can at least be aware of when we are playing if you manage to free up some time.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
yeah there's quite a few of us in the lakewood tacoma area. we usually go to a venur called Super Smash Games on South Tacoma Way every tuesday afternoon

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
i've heard about it from ndie but don't know much about it, how many people usually show up?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anywhere from 10-20
we alternate each week between Melee, Project M, and doubles for each game. the set schedule for the next few weeks is Project M Doubles, Melee Singles, PM Singles, Melee Doubles, Melee Singles.
the venue is on 56th and South Tacoma, its from 4 to 10pm, 3 bux to play.

Yung Mei

friendlies til 7, after that we do a free bracket. We thought about having an entry fee but felt newer players would be more inclined to enter if it was free.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
You should, if someone doesn't screw up the bracket it's normally fun for everyone.

If i'm there and the bracket is screwed up... oh dear. ask any of the two guys above hahaha

Yung Mei

You should, if someone doesn't screw up the bracket it's normally fun for everyone.

If i'm there and the bracket is screwed up... oh dear. ask any of the two guys above hahaha
its always funny as **** when we accidentally **** up the bracket cuz we spend 30 minutes trying to figure out and then i just quit

im sayin we should just use a bracket generator but no one ever listens

Top Bottom