• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

kithkin

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm hosting a tournament Feb 15-16th In Calgary, AB, Canada. Thought I might pass it along since you're decently close by, would love it if you could pass it along to your facebook group and get the word out.

https://www.facebook.com/events/631356173590106/ Theres the event on facebook, it's also on smashboards but yeah. (P.S theres a $250 Melee pot bonus, $100 for doubles, $150 for singles) it has lots of non-smash games too, for you street fighter/marvel/divekick players.

Lookin' decently hype and would love to feature some Washington players.

iwinatu

Smash Rookie
Is there a post for the GameClucks tournaments other than the one talking about the 64 stuff? I've been planning on going, but I'm not exactly sure if there's going to be Melee or P:M from what I've tried searching...

D4FTPUNK

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm interested in playing some melee around the Seattle metro area, I'm in Federal Way so I saw the UW tourney's but
is parking a hassle up there?

D4FTPUNK

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I was inebriated when I posted that. There is a player from Federal way named Eric you could probably play with.

https://www.facebook.com/CaptainTorrent?fref=ts
That's ok, I'm more interested in events, I was looking at the past posts and found info on Gameclucks in Lynnwood I will probably be there. Also the UW group seems interesting, I'm just wondering what the parking situation is about.

iwinatu

Smash Rookie
That's ok, I'm more interested in events, I was looking at the past posts and found info on Gameclucks in Lynnwood I will probably be there. Also the UW group seems interesting, I'm just wondering what the parking situation is about.
it's on friday evenings this quarter, from 4-6ish, so parking really shouldnt be that bad. most commuters like getting out of classes early in the day, especially on a friday

D4FTPUNK

Smash Rookie
it's on friday evenings this quarter, from 4-6ish, so parking really shouldnt be that bad. most commuters like getting out of classes early in the day, especially on a friday
How much does parking cost?

Punch_the_Duck

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I'm a highschool student in the kirkland area. I've got a group of about 5 friends who all play melee, PM and sometimes Brawl, Let me know if anyone is nearby, we are pretty tired of just playing eachother.

Last edited:

Punch_the_Duck

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'll check it out. Also, I see you main pichu? Idk how you pull that off but I'd love to see, are any of your fights on youtube?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, there are plenty of people in the Kirkland area, (U-district, seattle area, etc) but most of the smashers in our state frequent facebook and seldom check the boards any more. I'd offer to play, but I live in Lakewood so that's a bit out of the way. But if you and your friends ever happen to be in the area, we have smash fests every tuesday evening at Super Smash Games

Punch_the_Duck

Smash Rookie
Yeah, there are plenty of people in the Kirkland area, (U-district, seattle area, etc) but most of the smashers in our state frequent facebook and seldom check the boards any more. I'd offer to play, but I live in Lakewood so that's a bit out of the way. But if you and your friends ever happen to be in the area, we have smash fests every tuesday evening at Super Smash Games
Thanks! that would be fun. Is it still going on over the summer? Right now we have school but in July a tuesday on the road wouldn't be so bad.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Yeah, we'll probably keep attending during the summer. As a matter of fact, we'll very likely be doing more stuff more frequently over the summer, and that goes for the Seattle area too. (a lot of college students, after all)

Punch_the_Duck

Smash Rookie
Yeah, we'll probably keep attending during the summer. As a matter of fact, we'll very likely be doing more stuff more frequently over the summer, and that goes for the Seattle area too. (a lot of college students, after all)
Great, hopefully I'll see you there

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Just moved out here to WA. Are there any smashers/events/weekly around the Lynnwood area!? Just looking for people to meet and play with. I play both Melee & Brawl, but I'm particularly looking to play more Melee. Thanks

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lynnwood area? Well aren't you the lucky one :p

Our primary state regionals are held in Lynnwood every month! It tends to be on the first saturday of ever month, here's the facebook page for the upcoming one: https://www.facebook.com/events/669330496423388/

Address is 3333 184th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98037 (right by the H-mart)

If you're just looking to hang out with someone, there are also quite a few people around that area. If you're able to drive down to bellevue/redmond/seattle, there are a TON of smashers around there. Your bets bet is to just hit up the main WA facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/) and ask a bit.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Eric J. Fraud here, looking for "D4FTPUNK" Because there are no playrs in federal way besides me and saggy

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Since Smash for Smiles was so successful, would people be interested in driving up another tournament like that in the future? Thinking of hosting one the weekend after April gameclucks up around Bellingham

CtrLZerG

Smash Rookie
I'm from Kitsap County. Are there any regular tournaments on the Olympic Peninsula / Kitsap Peninsula?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
A friendly heads up for any smashers living in the state of Washington: Gameclucks, undisputedly the venue for the largest smash tournaments in Washington, is throwing another massive monthly tournament on April 5. Please refer to the listings thread.
Click here

Last edited:

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I know I've posted here before, but is there anyone here from the central part of the state?

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Kitsap County. Are there any regular tournaments on the Olympic Peninsula / Kitsap Peninsula?
Lmao at all these people popping up in kitsap. I used to live on bainbridge but im in tukwilla now. Go to the facebook group there is some guy named rustin who plays up in bremerton.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Yeah Goober, I'd suggest asking in the melee group. The only issue is you may not find people willing to play if you can't host.

Top Bottom