• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official TGC Event #2! 137 entrants! Houston, Tx ( 4-25-2015)! MEWTWO BREAKS TOP 3!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGC.jpg

I'd like to thank all the players that made it out through the terrible storms and road closures to get to TGC 2. Thought the weather wasn't in our favor, many players still attended (137 entrants for 1vs1 and 35 teams for 2vs2.) and brought some serious competition along too. For once, I got to sit down, play with some of you and meet some new faces. Some key people that made an impact is Mawlerz who loves to abuse her friend in public by punching holes in him, El Yoshi123 who decimated people in his pool with using ONLY a wiimote turned on its side and Onion who continually loses to me in MMs which funds my alcohol addiction lol im joking.....sorta.

Huge shout-outs to Krebs for streaming RT, GrimTurtle and Slush for running the brackets when i was busy. Another shout-out to Grim for winning his first TGC (cherish this, little mexico). A MEGA HUGE shout-out to Trela for defeating Dallas twice in order to reach Grand FInals going ALL Mewtwo. Most importantly, i owe the largest shout-out to all the many players who faithfully attend my events. Whether you are a new gen or an old gen, your continued support for my series is noted and i am very thankful for you all. I mean that.

One final thing. If I got any of the characters wrong in 1vs1 or 2vs2, please tell me in the comment section below. I want this to be as accurate as possible so if you fought someone and he used XYZ vs you but I put him as ABC, please correct me.

TGC #2: 1vs1
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
GrimTurtle
$240.00
2nd
Trela
$96.00
3rd
Denti
$67.20
4th
Espy
$43.20
5th
Tippy
$16.80
5th
Avoid
$16.80
7th
Mbohne
7th
Jbandrew
9th
Slush
9th
Pwii
9th
Gnes
9th
SamBoner
13th
Platypus
13th
Leaf
13th
Incendiary
13th
HeroMystic
17th
RunCT
17th
Sink
17th
KJ
17th
ZToast
17th
BC
17th
MPH
17th
Sync
17th
Karna
25th
Krebs
25th
Owl
25th
Enigma
25th
Jerm
25th
Weegee
25th
Tesh
25th
Savage
25th
Dao
33rd
Jumbolias
33rd
Knife
33rd
Asa
33rd
Fritz
33rd
Jebus
33rd
Xyro
33rd
Space
33rd
YellowCake
33rd
RT
33rd
NK
33rd
Zori
33rd
DVR2
33rd
DeluxeMenu
33rd
Broly
33rd
Funny
33rd
Ry

players 49-137 drown in pools

2vs2 (35 teams)

1: GrimTurtle+Trela :4falcon:+:4robinf:
2: Pwii+Jbandrew:4lucario:+:4diddy:
3: Denti+Karna:4diddy::4yoshi:+:4sheik:
4: Gnes+Zori:4shulk:+:4megaman:
5: BC+Krebs:4villagerf:+:4villager:
5: Espy+Xyro:4sonic:+:4samus:
7: Jerm+RT:4robinf::4zelda:+:4lucario::4mario:
7: KJ+Avoid:4sonic:+:4falcon:
9: Incendiary+HeroMystic:4mario:+:4mario:
9: Gamma+NK
9: Whispy+Space
9: Platypus+Savage
13: RPM+DeluxMenu
13: MPH+Ry
13: AHero+MattB
13: Leaf+RunCT
17: Sonnet+PokePikoo
17: Nanasuki+Bonren
17: Blaine+Token
17: Mawlerz+Weegee
17: Ztoast+Dskro
17: Asa+Tesh
17: Pachi+Tippy
17: TheGreat+kzxFuzi8n
25: Andjita+FRCShoryuken
25: AutoZone+Ceti
25: Oldbie+Shawmen
25: Swagasaurus+Jofre
25: Dp2Beast+Howling
25: YoMama+LoudPac
25: Alex+Jester
25: Spi+Owl
33: IveBenDubbed+GameFreak
33: TvBlaze+Since
33: Jaz9030+RevTaco

OTHER

TGC 2 Tournament Thread
Houston Thread
Follow me on Twitter for updates on current/future events!

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
25th in Singles, 5th in teams. Wow I did way better than expected. And I still think I could have done better.

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer 50 SHADES OF GRIM Congrats on winning! Houston tho??? I definitely want to help get your name out there with streams and stuff. You pull off sick stuff with Falcon and then people freak out when ZeRo does the same stuff months later.

@ Trela Trela C Y P R E S S B O Y Z. Nice work with Mewtwo! With such a short amount of time too... I'm just upset that I didn't get your matches recorded/streamed! No worries though, we'll be able to do it at future events.

@ Denti Denti Thanks for coming out from Dallas! Always nice seeing you. Hopefully in the future some Dallas fam like iiGGy and Blink can come with you.

Tipy (Smashboardsless) - CONGRATS ON 5TH HOLY COW. Awesome man! You took out some LEGENDS to get there! The :4mario: slayer! Lol

@ AvoiD AvoiD Hope you didn'tget mind the AvoiD voice, lol. Sometimes it can't be AVOIDed...
oh god why am I so lame
Nice seeing you there man! Always a pleasure.
@ RunC.T. RunC.T. Good stuff in singles. Proving yourself as Houston's best :4peach: like usual. Although fair warning, there is a challenger to that approaching with Big Boss.
@zToast YO. The COME UP though??? Good stuff with :4yoshi:, its always entertaining to watch you play.

BC - :4villagerf::4villager: the Dream Team. We're only gonna get better and better. Watch out Houston.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Thank you for hosting this. My only thing is that it ran late so the finals weren't as hype, and doubles was always shafted. But I know you'll learn from this and slowly but surely the TGCs will get better. Thanks. Also @ Nike. Nike. is a hero too for manning the front as well.

Thanks everyone for coming! The Houston scene is strong because of everyone coming in and making it so hype! Also thank you everyone that listened and hyped up my diss track lol.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
TGC 2 was amazing!

Shoutouts:

Old man - Father-son money match hype! Thank you for money matching me again, old man. I really appreciate it. Now that I have my adapter back, I'm going to come back to TGC 3 stronger than ever! Also, I hope you like your new piggy bank! Finally, thank you so much for hosting this event. You are the best TO/old man in the world!

Dao - Our money match was amazing! Thank you so much for the words of wisdom after game 2. That really cleared my head and if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have made that amazing comeback. Thanks again, Dao! You're an amazing friend and I'm glad we live so close! I'll see you at the next TGC and in the summer, man. Smash United is the best!

Krebs The Legend - Thanks for money matching me! Also, that rap was amazing! Thanks for co-hosting this event!

Denti - Thanks for money matching me and giving me tips! I really appreciate it, man. I hope to see you again at the next TGC and maybe Comic Palooza.

BC - It was nice seeing you again, man. Thanks for the money match!

Gaius - Our money match was fun, man. You destroyed me with my previous main yesterday, but I will not let that happen a second time. I will beat you at the next TGC! The 10 year old will reign supreme!

RageToast - Our money match was fun, man. Keep training hard so you can beat me at the next TGC.

Avoid - It was nice meeting you, man. Thanks for the money match! Also, thanks for creating the Skype group and giving me a second chance by letting me join. I promise I won't do anything annoying in the Skype group like I do here.

I'm sorry if I left anyone out. Please let me know if I left you out and I'll gladly make a shoutout for you.
-10 Year Old

Last edited:

Xyro77

Reminder: all the players in the top 8 of 1vs1 will be paid. Please message me here on smashboards or on FaceBook (Allan SIms) and i will send you your prize money.

RageToast

Smash Cadet
NNID
RageToast
3DS FC
5258-0053-8259
s/os to basically everyone I chatted/played with. You brightened my experience.
Incredibly disappointed with how I played. I'm coming back next time bloodthirsty.

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
I wanna give a shoutout to onion for funding my 3 hour experience at tgc 2 with his $1 dollar MM. i am now $1 richer because of him. ThAnK yOu

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Are you drunk, old man? Am I to blame for your alcohol addiction!? Seriously. I bet you're drunk right now. Look at all these typos! Plus, you posted 8 ****ing links! Who the hell posts 8 ****ing links like that!? What is wrong with you, old man!? No. What is wrong with me!? I just funded an alcohol-addicted old man! I will never give you money ever again. I will beat you in our next money match! You will bow down to the 10 year old, you drunk lesbian!

TVBlaze

Smash Rookie
TGC was an awesome event and I'm glad I was able to make it despite the weather. I had a lot of fun matches and did so well after picking up Falco only about a week ago and getting 4th in my pool
Shoutouts to:

Dao: Thanks for playing me in the Falco ditto and showing me some stuff that I wasn't exactly familiar with

Xyro: For being an awesome TO and being as helpful as possible. Also thanks for destroying me in our pool match and making me realize that I don't know what to do against that character playing as Falco.

BC: Our pools matches were both super close. I'm honestly happy I was able to make it so close. Next time I'll win, just gotta get that practice.

Karna: Thanks for our money match even though I lost 2-1 I still think I did pretty well.

Leaf.: Glad you showed up and I'm happy you did so well. Break into top 10 at the next one. You've got this.

Tipy: Cool that we got to meet up. Sucks that we didn't get to play friendlies. Next time though.

RT: Thanks for the friendlies. Thought it was funny that I just went for broke picked mario and beat you in the ditto. This character feels so braindead to play as.

Nike: Thanks for finding my adapter, You're the real MVP

GGs to everybody I played. My Falco is new, but I'm gonna continue to pursue him as my main. I played so well with him and I'm happy about getting 4th in my pool, and next time I'm determined to make it out of pools.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Shoutouts (continued):

Whispy - Our money match was fun! I'm glad I funded your 3 hour experience at TGC, lol. Now, as promised, I will main Diddy from now on. I am now a part of the Holy Diddy Empire. I will still co-main Marth though, so yeah... I won't solo main Diddy.

IveBenDubbed

Smash Rookie
(Not sure where to post this seeing as I'm new to smashboards but I guess I'll put it here)
My experience with TGC2 as well as smash in general:
This was the first smash bros tournament I've ever been to and holy ****buckets you guys are amazing. Amazing in terms of gameplay skill, helping newbzz such as myself, and being ultra friendly in general. I'd say I played about 50+ matches and only won about 5. I don't even have a WiiU at home but I've been an avid (filthy casual) fan of smash for 10ish years. Over the past year or so my interest piqued and started to really get into watching competitive YouTube vids and such.

I found people at my school that played it that have gone to other tournaments and play on their own WiiUs. I actually beat them in 1v1s and surprised myself (sorry Michael and Connor lol.) One of them, @ RageToast RageToast told me that I should go to this event and I thought, "Theres no way I'm going to win against these people but ok."
Oh yeah, and did I mention @ Xyro77 Xyro77 called me out over facebook before I even knew about any of this? haha
I play Samus. Green Samus. And so does Xyro. He saw me use the green beauty against people in Sm4sh at my school via RageToast's facebook and he called me out for a money match to determine who is the best samus.

So I show up at da event, didn't money match fo real, but still 1v1'd xyro. Twice. Aaaaand I lost. THE TV HAD INPUT LAG XYRO!! INPUT LAGGG /johns
I'm mostly kidding, he was a WAAAY better samus than I was, put down your pitchforks guys.

I met some great people at the event, shoutouts to mah bois:

@Gamefreak My doubles partner who was 250% better than I was and wrecked faces with Mario. He was a good sport about my lack a' skill and reminded me to have fun, that's what its all about after all.

@Derick (I dont know ur smash name forgive me senpai) This dude was my Samus Jedi master right here. He mained Samus too and was ultra supportive and friendly from the start and gave me useful tips whenever I needed them and helped me improve my Samus game just after a few matches. He observed me play her whenever I was in 2v2's and sometimes friendlies in between and helped a lot. Big props man.

@Onion You let me beat you.. Didn't you.. lol. You were one of the 5 people I beat and my 2 other friends said they lost to you and they go to tournaments all the time. You sneaky bugger. 10 year old hype! I've seen you beast against other people though. Propps

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Samus masta blasta that set up the tournament. Input lag. lol. I want to see those matches go up on YouTube man, that was fun no lie.

There might be more but its 1:07am and I'm tired. Great experience, would rewind time to relive.

TL;DR: I'm a filthy casual and I love it.
Also for anyone wondering, my name is IveBenDubbed because it's the same as my dubstep producing name, hence "Dubbed" and "Ben" being my real name. Ok thats all, going to bed soon will reply in the morn.

Last edited:

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
@Onion You let me beat you.. Didn't you.. lol. You were one of the 5 people I beat and my 2 other friends said they lost to you and they go to tournaments all the time. You sneaky bugger. 10 year old hype! I've seen you beast against other people though. Propps
I didn't let you win, man. I just felt out of it since I lost all of my pool matches, lol. No johns though. You did well, man. Keep it up and go to as many tournaments as you can in order to learn from the best. I hope to see you at the next TGC, man. Money match me!

D

Deleted member

Nice results o.o will the vids be uploaded somewhere (if any at all)?

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
They should be uploaded on Team Greensleeves YouTube channel either today or tomorrow.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Twas fun, remember not to stress too much about the game guys. I know how it feels to lose when you want to do well but make sure you are enjoying yourselves overall. I saw some completely crushed souls lol

cardboardowl

Smash Apprentice
I played link.

Was real fun this time, and I really like the pool format. I just wish we didn't start singles 2 and a half hours late.

Otherwise this is was the best tgc yet. Shoutouts to everyone I talked to. No at a single person seemed to be in a bad mood all day, which is a first.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 I used Mario and Lucario in both Singles and Doubles, please correct. Jerm used Robin and Zelda in Doubles as well. Also, I can't claim results because you put the wrong name. I don't really care either ways.

Shoutouts to everyone I played in doubles and my pools, it was a lot of fun.

Shoutouts to Jerm for being a very amusing doubles partner. The suicides, seeing an all Zelda team as a challenge and going Zelda as well instead of avoiding the situation (pure insanity), the history-making timeout in doubles with same stock and percent leftover, and for the teamkills. We did good considering no practice, heh.

Shoutouts to whoever destroyed TWO bathrooms. For the love of god, go see a doctor. Or at least report that "someone" destroyed the bathroom, you idiot.

Shoutouts to Mario for being a fun character. I guess the secret is out about how...balanced he is. ;)

Shoutouts to my old age so I that have no stamina for events that go past 9PM.

See ya all at the next event...?

Last edited:

stripheR

Smash Cadet
houston really needs to step up the streaming game...i managed to send 200 viewers to a katy weekly, yet I had no where to send them all during a tournament as big as this? sad...better planning needed.

Denti

Smash Master
I didn't have a main coming into this but I think I'm getting closer to the character(s) I want to play.

Shout outs to insomnia.

Trela best Mew2

Edit: also shout outs to Trela for not maining Lucario in this game but maining the character Lucario originally was a clone of. Illuminati confirmed

Last edited:

IveBenDubbed

Smash Rookie
I didn't let you win, man. I just felt out of it since I lost all of my pool matches, lol. No johns though. You did well, man. Keep it up and go to as many tournaments as you can in order to learn from the best. I hope to see you at the next TGC, man. Money match me!
Will do! :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Edit: also shout outs to Trela for not maining Lucario in this game but maining the character Lucario originally was a clone of. Illuminati confirmed
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no.

Zori

Smash Champion
Fun time, I haven't done pools in a while but I tried my best to make sure everyone in my pool had a good time. We need new players to keep this going :]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
houston really needs to step up the streaming game...i managed to send 200 viewers to a katy weekly, yet I had no where to send them all during a tournament as big as this? sad...better planning needed.
I don't think the venue has reliable internet for streaming. Vids are better anyways, cuts out the unnecessary commentary.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
while that may be your opinion, bigger tournaments like this easily see over 1000 viewers, especially with big names, which grows the local scene as well as can bring in more money to help support the events.

what needs to happen is changing location to a venue WITH INTERNET. it's ****ing 2015 it's pretty easy to call comcast and get a connection good enough for streaming.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's not my opinion...it's a fact, lol.

A lot of venues used by Xyro's tourneys just don't have internet, ever since Brawl. It's nothing to cry over.

Also, I know many people have complained commentary in the past, because I actually pay attention.

You're more than welcome to donate money towards buying us internet or finding a good venue with reasonable rates and internet instead of complaining...surely it's easy to do, right?

Last edited:

Xyro77

Streaming is a luxury, not a requirement. If you want to send streamers (99% of whom won't leave their couch) to an event, post the links to the event in the chat, run ads about the event on the stream or mention it while commentating.

@ RT RT I'll try and fix it. No one has had issues getting their points so far.

while that may be your opinion, bigger tournaments like this easily see over 1000 viewers, especially with big names, which grows the local scene as well as can bring in more money to help support the events.

what needs to happen is changing location to a venue WITH INTERNET. it's ****ing 2015 it's pretty easy to call comcast and get a connection good enough for streaming.
I will not change a venue just to get viewers. That's stupid.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Xyro77 Xyro77 If you can't fix, don't worry about it. You know I really don't care about that shiz. Just fix characters reps and I'll be happy. :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'd like to thank all the players that made it out through the terrible storms and road closures to get to TGC 2. Thought the weather wasn't in our favor, many players still attended (137 entrants for 1vs1 and 35 teams for 2vs2.) and brought some serious competition along too. For once, I got to sit down, play with some of you and meet some new faces. Some key people that made an impact is Mawlerz who loves to abuse her friend in public by punching holes in him, El Yoshi123 who decimated people in his pool with using ONLY a wiimote turned on its side and Onion who continually loses to me in MMs which funds my alcohol addiction lol im joking.....sorta.

Huge shout-outs to Krebs for streaming RT, GrimTurtle and Slush for running the brackets when i was busy. Another shout-out to Grim for winning his first TGC (cherish this, little mexico). A MEGA HUGE shout-out to Trela for defeating Dallas twice in order to reach Grand FInals going ALL Mewtwo. Most importantly, i owe the largest shout-out to all the many players who faithfully attend my events. Whether you are a new gen or an old gen, your continued support for my series is noted and i am very thankful for you all. I mean that.

One final thing. If I got any of the characters wrong in 1vs1 or 2vs2, please tell me in the comment section below. I want this to be as accurate as possible so if you fought someone and he used XYZ vs you but I put him as ABC, please correct me.
What about me? :(

I'm garbage.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
hahaha. stubborn TO unwilling to grow with the times. you will either eventually adapt one day, or see someone take over your role that can fill it better.

let's have EVO and Apex not stream, **** it, let's delete all smash games from twitch. sure the scene will grow way bigger than before.

Last edited:

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Hopefully the next date for TGC is announced soon. Need to schedule my events accordingly.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
hahaha. stubborn TO unwilling to grow with the times. you will either eventually adapt one day, or see someone take over your role that can fill it better.

let's have EVO and Apex not stream, **** it, let's delete all smash games from twitch. sure the scene will grow way bigger than before.
*doesn't realize Xyro has been doing tournaments since beginning of Brawl*

*acts like knows everything*

*makes heavily exaggerated remarks that are just plain dumb*

Is this...a joke? If not, this is some sort of new gen gold mine of a post. I'm sorry I ever doubted your words Xyro...

I'm garbage.
<3 Nike

You have my heart and thanks for being the silent worker Xyro always tramples and never thanks. Now you understand...

Last edited:

Xyro77

I'm garbage.
Dude you are never forgotten. You brought 8 tvs, 3 adapters and a wiiu. Then you helped do pools and seed and call matches. You also brought people to this event. This is a **** ton of help and i def appreciate it. Thank you so much, man :)

hahaha. stubborn TO unwilling to grow with the times. you will either eventually adapt one day, or see someone take over your roll that can fill it better.

You implying several things.

1. That i dont adapt. Incorrect. Ive been hosting events before Facebook, twitter, youtube and justin.tv (now Twitch). When those came out, i picked them up. I have a twitch account too. Ill stream when i can. Again, its a luxury, not a requirement. My events pull in numbers that streamed events don't.

2. No one will take over here in Houston because they all have terribly skewed views like you do. When you put the game FIRST, you will succeed. Everything else goes last. Ive been saying this for 11 years now and for 11 years i see all other TOs drop like flies. This isnt an insult towards any of you. Its proof that my methods (though they may not be the best) work and work well.

3. EVO/APEX are businesses tournaments that are trying to become espots. TGC is a grassroot tournaments tthat are NOT trying to become esports. Big difference. One MUST have viewers so that financial goals/requirement can met and the other does not have those restrictions. Please educate yourself.

4. In terms of growing scenes, have you seen what i did for Melee (2004-2007), Brawl (2008-2014) and now Smash 4 (2014-?)? No you havent. Look me up sometime and see what ive done. There is reason why TGC/HOBO/WHOBO/HOST and other events have reached huge numbers and have outlasted all other cities in this state. Again, please educate yourself.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I think the more important question is...when is TGC 12? Because I want a certain someone to win it and then I can mention it nonstop.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
Actually I have been to one of your brawl tournaments very very long ago, sometime around 5-7 years ago. I'm aware of who you are.

I'm also aware that I quit playing smash bros many years ago, and that I was brought back in after watching people stream 3ds and seeing how cool smash 4 would be. a lot of people like me that quit playing and never played hardcore are in the same boat, and unless you want new faces to slowly trickle into the scene and don't value pulling in people through many different avenues, you should find a venue that has internet and space(hint it's houston , a big giant city with thousands of buildings vacant on weekends.) you might pay $100 more for the venue but I'm sure everyone could afford another dollar with the end result being a viewable event from twitch.

please ask me if top 5 people in texas would just like to come own texas events over and over. please tell me that they have no commitment to their "esport". please tell me they'd be just as happy playing smash as much as they do if there was 0 glory to be had. just because the other 130 entrants may not be up there yet, doesn't mean that's not how the games grow. it's not an esport for most of us, but no esports would exist if it weren't for the casuals who liked the competition, and the mid level competitive players that like learning and seeing a higher level of play than they themselves have reached.

obviously most of the people that play to be super competitive have some kind of drive to win or place high in a national event, and get respect and fame for their skills and hard work. allow them to display their hardwork thru easier means. my point is simple and valid. get internet for streaming, people already bring full setups and the equipment for you.

Top Bottom