• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now thats just plain dumb.
Get there faster than the opponent. It's under your control. Doing that is also an advanced method of edgehogging that involves jumping deeper offstage to edgeguard and combining the recovery as a edgehog for a stock. I have never heard anyone else use the word "random" with edgehogging.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Get there faster than the opponent. It's under your control. Doing that is also an advanced method of edgehogging that involves jumping deeper offstage to edgeguard and combining the recovery as a edgehog for a stock. I have never heard anyone else use the word "random" with edgehogging.
Thats because I find it random.
A couple times in melee it looks like one person should grab the edge, but the other guy does.
Like, I was under him, and we were both above the ledge, what the heck is that?
Also I play luigi so I find the edge hogging mechanic pretty dang pointless most of the time.

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Thats because I find it random.
A couple times in melee it looks like one person should grab the edge, but the other guy does.
Like, I was under him, and we were both above the ledge, what the heck is that?
Also I play luigi so I find the edge hogging mechanic pretty dang pointless most of the time.
Different moves and characters have different ranges where they can grab the edge. Samus for example has a huge one while I think Wolf has to be really close to it. There is nothing random about, it just appears like that because you don't have enough experience with it yet or you refuse to understand it.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why the flying **** is Yoshi top 10 or technically prob 11th cuz Diddy is missing

Yoshi is more like bottom 10, he doesnt even have a shield.

And on top of that show me any results in the past 5 years where a Yoshi has placed in top 32 in a regional/national lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Haven't visited here in a while but I'm gonna post my tier list once again

God Tier
SS:metaknight:
S :popo:

Top Tier

A+ :olimar::diddy::marth:
A :falco::zerosuitsamus::snake::pikachu2:

High Tier
B:wario::dedede::peach::sheik::pit:
C:lucario::toonlink::rob::fox::gw:

Mid Tier

D:wolf::dk2::kirby2::ness2::sonic:
E:yoshi2::ike::lucas::luigi2::pt:

Low Tier
F :samus2::mario2::bowser2::link2:

Bottom Tier

G :ganondorf::falcon::zelda::jigglypuff:

Last edited by a moderator:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, Sheik/Yoshi/Mario are way too high but other than that not too bad.

D

Deleted member

A'ight here's my tier list then.

SS: :metaknight:
S: :popo::olimar::snake::falco:
A: :diddy::marth::zerosuitsamus::pikachu2::wario:
B: :dedede::toonlink::lucario::wolf::fox::gw::squirtle:
C: :pit::peach::kirby2::sheilda::sheik::ness2::rob:
D: :sonic::charizard::ike::lucas::yoshi2::luigi2:
E: :pt::mario2::samus2::ivysaur::falcon:
F: :ganondorf::bowser2::link2::zelda::jigglypuff:

So weird to make a tier list for a game like Brawl considering it's dead right now...

D

Deleted member

So weird to make a tier list for a game like Brawl considering it's dead right now...
Smash 64 still has some attention to this day, even though it's quite dead, lol.

Better show off my tier list too :yeahboi:

God tier:
:metaknight:

Demi-god tier:
:popo::olimar::diddy::falco::snake:

High:
:marth::zerosuitsamus::pikachu2::warioc::dedede::toonlink:
:lucario::peach::wolf::fox::gw::pit:

Mid:
:squirtle::rob::peach::sheik::ness2::charizard:
:ike::kirby2::dk2::yoshi2::luigi2::lucas:

Low:
:ivysaur::mario2::falcon::samus2::bowser2::link2::zelda::jigglypuff::ganondorf:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He didn't put Trainer in B, he put Squirtle in B.
I don't think it is good to separate Trainer's Pokémon. Like, face it, your character is being dragged down by Ivysaur.
:196:

D

Deleted member

He didn't put Trainer in B, he put Squirtle in B.
I don't think it is good to separate Trainer's Pokémon. Like, face it, your character is being dragged down by Ivysaur.
Fair point there. I should've had second thoughts before separating the Pokemon. Ivysaur is indeed godawful, lmao. 'Least she gets 40% off Bullet Seed, that's something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Every time I see someone put Mario over Bowser on a tier list, a part of me on the inside dies.

Like **** guys, Mario is REALLY bad in this game, like Falcon and Mario are VERY similar in how bad they are. He's just a small step above Triforce tier. Only reason he's not bottom 5 is he has OoS options. Only reason.

But Bowser is actually not entirely terrible. He has an air grab, long range, a great up b for OoS options, a good jab, and lives forever. All Mario's got is Up b OoS, a slightly longer initial range but overall inferior version of Bowser's since it's way less safe and SUPER punishable unlike Boozer's, and a sex kick. That's it.

Like, Bowser IS terrible, but Mario is significantly more terrible. Mario's hurtbox practically extends past his hitboxes on aerials for christ's sake! At least Bowser's arms and **** are intangible and treated like a sword is when he uses most attacks.

If there's just one last thing I want for the Brawl community lol what community it's for them to realize how ass Mario truly is in this game. Im sick of seeing all these Mario top of/above bottom 10 placements. I mean, Falcon could possibly even be better than him. Probably not, but possibly.

Low tier should be like (in no order, just grouped), (borderline mid/low) Lucas/Luigi/PT/Yoshi > Samus > Bowser > Falcon/Ganon/Jiggs/Link/Mario/Zelda

Dont even care what the order of bottom 6 is, just those are definitely bottom 6.

EDIT: MAYBE Falcon can be considered not bottom 6, but that is the only exception. Cuz he fast yo.

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Low tier should be like (in no order, just grouped), (borderline mid/low) Lucas/Luigi/PT/Yoshi > Samus > Bowser > Falcon/Ganon/Jiggs/Link/Mario/Zelda

Dont even care what the order of bottom 6 is, just those are definitely bottom 6.

EDIT: MAYBE Falcon can be considered not bottom 6, but that is the only exception. Cuz he fast yo.
I think that looks fairly good as a bottom 6. I'd probably order it:

Mario > Puff > Falcon > Link > Ganon > Zelda

D

Deleted member

There is no way Puff is better than Falcon or Ganon, especially when Falcon has better stats and Ganon has had results that Jigglypuff could ever dream of having even if of small credit. You're also trying to tell me with a straight face that characters like Ivysaur and Bowser are better than Mario? Really now?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Jigglypuff has some even or favorable matchups, Ganondorf has a couple evens at best. but the Triforce of Strength gets results because the matchup isn't as easy to figure out on the fly.

Let's just say that you may need ~20 exchanges to get the gist of a matchup.
Against Ganon, guessing wrong half of them may get you dead.
Against Jigglypuff you may have enough time to adapt and come with the upper hand.

All in all, I just think Ganon's results are mostly flukes or good player awareness, but character-wise, Jiggs is better. IMO.

I can't say much about the rest, but Mario is really, REALLY bad in this game. He's fast but lack of range, no kill options, and abysmal recovery really gets him down.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Mario isnt really even fast though, like he's literally middle of the ground stat wise in every category and has bad frame data/range.

You're also trying to tell me with a straight face that characters like Ivysaur and Bowser are better than Mario? Really now?
Ivysaur idgaf about honestly, I dont count her as her own character. Count her in bottom 6 if you want, I could care less.

As for Bowser, he is DEFINITELY better than Mario, it's not even a contest imo, and I played them both A LOT back when I played Brawl. Bowser does more damage, kills better, lives longer, has better approach options, is better defensively, has a more reliable recovery, has more range, has a great jab, has grab release kill/follow up options, has an air grab, etc. I could go on. Sure, Bowser gets combo'd to ****, but he lives so long that unless the character has guaranteed kill set ups on him, he'll live so long it doesnt matter anyways; that extra 50% you do at low percent is made up for by the fact he'll live an extra 50% longer from your kill moves. The Bowser v Peach match up is a perfect example. He gets combo'd and juggled non stop until like 80%, but then he lives to 200+ anyway lol. Mario cant kill, also gets juggled hard, dies easy, and cant approach at all. Like **** man, Mario has nothing safe on block but fireballs, Bowser has a lagless air grab, long range ftilt, jab cancels, a long grab range, his fair is safe if spaced right, and has an up b with frame 1 invincibility (Mario's DOES has invincibility on frame 3 too, but frame 1 > frame 3 obviously).

Like, give me a good reason that Mario is a better character than Bowser. In fact, find a Brawl Mario player if those even exsist anymore and they'll tell you basically exactly what im telling you now, he's garbage.

Last edited:

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
zelda and puff are WAY worse than ganon in my opinion. at least ganon can kill, and doesn't have to hit 3 pixels of a sweetspot to kill

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ganon may kill easier than Puff but he dies much more easily because he's so gimpable, and he's easier to deal damage to. Puff has a better recovery (and can edgeguard better) and has a much better time approaching against characters with god projectiles/zoning tools like Falco and Olimar. Ganon is also much more susceptible to chaingrabs and is generally easier to combo/string because of his weight, fall speed and size. Puff and Zelda are light and floaty so this doesn't really apply to them, and Puff is mobile so she's harder to catch in the first place.

Puff also still has decent kill options. She doesn't kill as early as Ganon obv, but she can edgeguard better, and for raw kills she's still got her usmash (moreso her dacus), dash attack, and fair, which will all kill at reasonable percents.

Zelda's kill power is almost as good as Ganon's. Mostly because of usmash. It's a great OoS option and is hard/impossible to get out of (depending on character) so it's super reliable, and it kills early. Her dsmash is also frame 4 (faster than MK's) and stronger than MK's dsmash as well, so that's also really good. Her aerials are hard to land but if she reads an airdodge or something they're all super strong; strongest uair in the game, and bair/fair sweetspot are also obviously super strong. Her dtilt is also really good for damage and it true combos into dsmash (though idk if it does that at kill %)

Ganon is worse than both of them but not by much. Him being better than Zelda/Puff isn't out of the question, but it's unlikely imo (and if they're worse, they're in no way "way" worse)

Blueberry Kong

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DKbill
Ganondorf is better than Jigglypuff/Zelda if you don't know how to abuse his weaknesses. Versus Jigglypuff/Zelda, there isn't really much to abuse, they just aren't good characters.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Puff also still has decent kill options. She doesn't kill as early as Ganon obv, but she can edgeguard better, and for raw kills she's still got her usmash (moreso her dacus), dash attack, and fair, which will all kill at reasonable percents.
Don't forget about up tilt. Kills earlier than Up Smash XD

Top Bottom