• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Tier List v8

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo, either place Sheik and Zelda separately, or just use Sheilda as both, having Sheik/Zelda AND Sheilda is just dumb and doesnt make sense. Either combine them or separate them, dont do both otherwise it contradicts itself. If Zelda's best option in a MU is to switch to Sheik, either combine the two and base the MU off the duo's best option, Sheik, or keep them separate and acknowledge that Sheik has a separate MU that is better. Saying Sheilda does better than Zelda/Sheik makes no sense since it IS them, just rated with different credentials. Just because these 2 characters have the unique ability to switch between each other at will, it shouldnt mean it makes either of their match ups any different, it just means you have the unique option to switch into a different MU mid game. Just pick one way to rate them and stick with it. I could go on about more reasons why I think it's dumb, but its too late and I honestly just dont feel like ranting about it.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I dont care if we use Sheilda or use Sheik and Zelda, I just dont think we should use all 3 at the same time.

Last edited:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Only reason we use all 3 at the same time is because there's only one person on this continent that plays Sheilda. Everybody else either plays Sheik alone or Zelda alone lol

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Kind of reminds me a certain page 1 conversation....

Sheilda is a pain, the character exists, and has potential to be better than Sheik or Zelda alone, but Ed is the only one using it, so the character does not impact the metagame, but Ed does.

Instead of Sheilda we could add Ed two spots above Sheik.
I was actually talking with ED about this at the last tournament I saw him at in Miami. I think since hes the only current shielda that is making an impact in the metagame we should just ditch the shielda icon and replace it with happy happy ED face. Maybe with his hat to???????????????!!! hype.
I am so for this! Lets make it happen!!!

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
There have been several Pokémon Trainers (Mjollnir, T-block, Coontail...)

They probably don't play anymore, but still......

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yes, all of their lists have Zelda and Sheik as one.

And regardless, even if Ed is the only Sheilda main, my opinion is still this:
Saying Sheilda does better than Zelda/Sheik makes no sense since it IS them, just rated with different credentials. Just because these 2 characters have the unique ability to switch between each other at will, it shouldnt mean it makes either of their match ups any different, it just means you have the unique option to switch into a different MU mid game.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm not saying Zelda and Sheik should have their own individual placements on the tier list, I was trying to explain why they did. I, too, think we should just have Sheilda on the list

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
While I do see why the Japanese and many people want Sheilda as one char, I have friends who main only Sheik and main only Zelda (Riot comes to mind). Throwing them in as if they play with the same playstyle is wrong, but who really cares?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I really dont care, I just dont think all 3 should be listed, just go with either Sheilda or Zelda/Sheik.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Double post.

I actually don't mind them separate. Like all of you have said, people will typically only play one or the other and they should be respected as such, not just arbitrarily lumped together just because the characters are one entity. This is why we discussed planting my face on the tier list :D.

/pipedream

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
If you main Zelda then you use Shielda for everything.
If you main Shiek then you use Shielda for KOing, Pikachu and almost nothing else.
If you don't main either you probably shouldn't be going Shielda at all.
Double post.

I actually don't mind them separate. Like all of you have said, people will typically only play one or the other and they should be respected as such, not just arbitrarily lumped together just because the characters are one entity. This is why we discussed planting my face on the tier list :D.

/pipedream
Isn't that why there is no Samus+ZSS or whatever on the tier list

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Samus + ZSS is impractical to change between in normal games. Poke trainer isn't split because a change happens automatically when you die and fatigue = probably wanna change at some point to KO.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
If you main Zelda then you use Shielda for everything.
If you main Shiek then you use Shielda for KOing, Pikachu and almost nothing else.
If you don't main either you probably shouldn't be going Shielda at all.

Isn't that why there is no Samus+ZSS or whatever on the tier list
It isn't as clear cut as that.

There is no pairing of ZSS/Samus because smash balls are not legal, so once you become ZSS, there is NO going back.

For PT. Fatigue is a giant issue. Otherwise people could decide to solo a Pokemon. We understand that to be impossible without consequence.

This isn't the case for Zelda and Sheik. You can decide to be one or the other, completely solo, and not have the consequence of fatigue. For that alone, they deserve separate slots.

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Quiksilver breaks the CP system with his Samus/ZSS, it's quite a fun thing to witness.

Like, he'll lose to Snake with ZSS, counterpick Samus and win, then he'll stay Samus as his opponent switches to MK for a free win.
One second into the match and he has switched to ZSS and takes the ez win vs Pocket Knight.

I also support having Ed's face replacing Sheilda

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well to be fair, is IS Samus, not like anybody actually knows that match up lol.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Well to be fair, is IS Samus, not like anybody actually knows that match up lol.
Is IS? Anyway, Zamus MU pretty much is rush her and avoid the Screwattack (reminiscent of the Melee incarnation, but this time, she can't kill). I know the spacies beat her easy. Snake should also beat her with ease....

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No, Zamus has always meant Zero Suit Samus. Whoever told you that is just straight up wrong.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
No, Zamus has always meant Zero Suit Samus. Whoever told you that is just straight up wrong.
I never call Samus as calling ZSS since that almost implies you start the match with Samus then change to ZSS ALL the time. Zamus seems like an appropriate name as all Brawl Samus mains use Zair to death. I don't care if most (actually only a few scrubs) people use it to refer to ZSS, I use it to refer to her main playstyle.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Well youre the only one Ive personally ever seen who uses it that way and all its achieving is confusing people and making them think you have no idea what youre talking about.

But by all means, if you want to use it that way, go ahead.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Truth be told, never heard anyone use the term Zamus to refer to ZSS. I referred to ZSS as ZSS earlier on this thread yet as soon as the Zamus term is thrown out, people are now confused. You people must get easily confused.

Top Bottom