• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ryota Hayami from Wave Race for Brawl Support Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This thread is to suppoert Ryota Hayami to be in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Ryota first appeared in "Wave Race" on the N64, but your really only see his face in "Wave Race: Blue Storm" on the Gamecube, since that's the design they'd probably use.

Wave Race, as the name implies, is a racing game that takes place with Waverunners on the ocean.

Wave Race on the N64 cover

Wave Race Blue Storm cover on the Cube

an here's a pic of Ryota rom Blue storm

So, why should Ryota be in Brawl? Here are some reasons I thought of him:

1) He'll be an extremely original character
2) We have characters that use the elemnts Fire, Ice, Electricity, so why not Water?
3) Nintendo's "Extreme Sports" games need representatives, since there are NO Sport characters in SSB
4) He just plain looks cool.
5) Captain Falcon was a racer, so why can't they do Ryota?
6) Wave Race was an extremely popular game when it came out, and I believe Blue Storm is still doing well with fans.
7) in most cases, Water is my favorite element in videogames, hence why I have a
Poliwhirl Thread
8) He's not third party. Made in a game designed and published by Nintendo.
9) He is "human"
10) wave runners are fun in general :)

STATS
Height: 3/5
Weight: 3/5
Power: 4/5
Speed: 3/5
Gravity: 4/5

MOVESET

B- Wake Punch- Ryota throws a punch, and a wake follows it. The wake will hurt and push opponents back, as well as items. There will be a short lag afterwards, and the opponents will have lag too.

FOWARD/BACK B- Buoy- Ryota throws out a Buoy. If attacked, it will rock back and foward, like a grounded flipper, it's slower, but stronger. If Ryota does Buoy while another Buoy is out, that Buoy will disapear as Ryota throws the new one. Only one Buoy out at a time

UP B- Geyser- Ryota dives foward in the air, covered in water. It's like Fox Fire, just he doesn't charge up and doesn't go as far, but is a little more powerful.

DOWN B- Splash Kick- Ryota does an ax-kick that shoots water on both the front of him and the back of him. It's short, but has a pretty decent damage.

SUPER SMASH ATTACK- Tsunami- Like Link's Super Smash Attack, it targets only one person. A whirpool covers one player, then Ryota charges in and opens a combo-of-wup-you0lnow-what on that character. It doesn't send them flying, but just builds up loads of damage.

CHARACTER SYMBOL- "Wave Race: Blue Storm" Logo.

CHARACTER STAGE- Ocean City Harbor

HAT HAPPENS WHEN KIRBY SUCKS RYOTA - Life Jacket and Ryota's hair.

So, what do you think of having this wave racer in Brawl?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Shadow Calibur said:
Do we have to turn EVERY Melee trophy into a choice for Brawl?

I'm assuming you thought I made this thread because I saw him as a trophy. If so, wrong. I've been playing Wave Race 64 since it first came out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
edit: holy **** I was ********.

Not Ryota for Smash Bros, I still would like to see that, but this post in particular....

You're better off not reading this. or pretty much anything I posted until 09.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Shadow Calibur said:
No, but this character actually stands a chance.

It all depends if Nintedo is still planning to keep this franchise going.

Stryks

Smash Hero
hemightbegiant said:
+BUMP+

YAY! I got a photobucket account and now I have pics of him on here, as well as this kool pic of Robocop fighting a bunch of Terminators :D

Does robocop or terminators had to do with anything?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Im going to have to say that yes every trophy now has to have a thread for it.

Why do we need another racer. We have C. Falcon, and I dont even see the point of a racer being in the game. Im saying no because sports games have no right to be in brawl. They need to stick to popular characters from their main series and some older characters. Not racers and extreme sports people.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Thankfully because of the ignore lsit, I can't see your post Zombie, but I'm sure it has some ****ty half-***** response like "He's from a sports game" or "he doesn't fit", or your just probably saying "no" or something of the like, none of which are reasons for why he shouldn't be in Brawl.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm...u did a good job for him. I wasn't happy w/ the GC version, but i was quite fond of the 64 one.
Personally...if he appeared in brawl, i'd be delightfully surprised, but i won't hold my breath nor support him. Don't get me wrong though...i enjoy the idea much, but i hope if they put him in..that the didn't miss anyone else more important.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I get what you mean Cyphus. Ryota isn't necisity character like Little Mac, Balloon FIghter or Diddy Kong, but he would be cool to play as none the less

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Now that I see a written moveset I give it a big fat yes! He is one of the most underlooked Nintendo characters and I think he'd be cool. About the Robocop w/ Terminator pic, I think you're thinking of Hiyato. Don't really know what game he's from but he was in M vs. C 2
I posted the robocop pic just to celebrate me getting a photobucket account and that pic was my wallpaper at my time so I uploaded it first :p And your thinking of Hayato from MVC2, his first game was Plasma Sword, a 3D fighting game

Ryota FTW!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
*GIANT ENEMY CRAB- WAIT, I MEAN BUMP*
What the hey?

At any rate, this is an interesting idea to say the least...
Thanks

I would also like to explain that he would not be a Captain Falcon clone with water instead of fire like the stupid freshmen in my school's Fighting Game Club think. Stupid freshmen:mad:
sorry any freshmen who were offended by this remark:(

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
^
Kids, don't do drugs. It destroys your brain cells and ability to think and turns you into a freaky exploding eye troll baby (< Jhonen VAsquez refrence :) )

um.... Ryota ftw

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I figured as much... at any rate, for some reason or another, I'm starting to see Ryota in SSBB. He's already appeared in one or two of my dreams... He was fun, with water elemental attacks and all... :grin: But yeah, I'm thinking we need atleast one representative from the Nintendo sports line (and no, Mario Sports don't count...) and Ryota seems one of the best, if not THE best, candidate for that IMO.

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Thankfully because of the ignore lsit, I can't see your post Zombie, but I'm sure it has some ****ty half-***** response like "He's from a sports game" or "he doesn't fit", or your just probably saying "no" or something of the like, none of which are reasons for why he shouldn't be in Brawl.

:joyful:

Anyway, although Ryota isn't essential (as you've said - Little Mac, Diddy Kong and co. come first) he's a much better character suggestion than most of the ones on this board. Excitebike, 1080 and Wave Race don't have any representation at all so one character being there to represent all three of those titles would be quite nice.

The F-Zero series and those racing games are nothing alike. They don't fall under the category of 'racer' together or else you could include Mario kart in there and say that those characters represent racers. Then you could go on and say that Peach can represent The Legend of Zeda, heck add Chain Chomp as well to show off Zelda more and more until Brawl falls apart....

So..No. One racer from a completely different set of Nintendo racing games can't represent another bunch wyhich have nothing in common with it.

Ryota Hayami for the win!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was right, wasn't I?

Anyway, although Ryota isn't essential (as you've said - Little Mac, Diddy Kong and co. come first) he's a much better character suggestion than most of the ones on this board. Excitebike, 1080 and Wave Race don't have any representation at all so one character being there to represent all three of those titles would be quite nice.

The F-Zero series and those racing games are nothing alike. They don't fall under the category of 'racer' together or else you could include Mario kart in there and say that those characters represent racers. Then you could go on and say that Peach can represent The Legend of Zeda, heck add Chain Chomp as well to show off Zelda more and more until Brawl falls apart....

So..No. One racer from a completely different set of Nintendo racing games can't represent another bunch wyhich have nothing in common with it.

Ryota Hayami for the win!
Thanls for the support, good points about F-Zero compared to Wave race

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm starting to think this topic should be locks based on your stupidity alone. Srry to flame you, but we really don't need to have a post telling the world how Zombie is one your ignore list and you think is oppinion is stupid. Plus that Robocop thing is a good case of spam

As for this character, just as Zombie said, we dont need him. He wasn't to significant to Nintendo, what could he do, there are better characters, yadda yadda yadda. It's very cliche of me to say that, but I doubt he'll make it. Also, this is made in Japan. How well did Waverace do in Japan?

Also, you need to chnage the title. Its Waverace not Wavedash..

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think this topic should be locks based on your stupidity alone. Srry to flame you, but we really don't need to have a post telling the world how Zombie is one your ignore list and you think is oppinion is stupid. Plus that Robocop thing is a good case of spam
Actually, I agreee with the whole stpidity thing. I made this topic back when I first joined smashboards, and I was a complete n00b and I spammed (a al Robocop pic), and I have matured quite a bit since I joined first. No offense taken about the flaming

As for this character, just as Zombie said, we dont need him. He wasn't to significant to Nintendo, what could he do, there are better characters, yadda yadda yadda. It's very cliche of me to say that, but I doubt he'll make it. Also, this is made in Japan. How well did Waverace do in Japan?
Actually, very, VERY well. Not just in Japan, but rather succesful on a world-wide scale. If you looked for easter eggs with N64's in some Nintendo games, you will see Wave Race

Also, you need to chnage the title. Its Waverace not Wavedash..
It's a smash forum. My instincts had me type Dash after I wrote Wave

Top Bottom