• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official MBR 2010 NTSC Tier List

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Link is kinda bad. If only he was faster : /

Also.

Doc's u-tilt is a lot different. D-tilt is alot different. Fair (obviously) dair (mario's does less damage, and I think theres a diff property that makes docs better) Cape is different. (slower, no recovery bonus)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
When I think "cape is different" I think about how doc's has more range, and is better for edgeguarding... =P

john!

Smash Hero
nice, at least it's official now. i'd say the placements look good. except there's no way that marth is in the same tier as falcon/peach... i liked it better with the marth/sheik tier.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
When I think "cape is different" I think about how doc's has more range, and is better for edgeguarding... =P
Yeah. It has its ups and downs

Also i think marth should be in S tier below shiek. I also think Falcon is better then peach but that's highly debatable.

Salepate

Smash Cadet
its not really related to the game, rather to the language spoken. Maybe you were afraid of saying "this isn't a french forum".

Oh and I feel sorry for you, not being able to read those numbers because of commas.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
also why are there commas instead of periods in the numbers, this isn't a PAL list
its not really related to the game, rather to the language spoken. Maybe you were afraid of saying "this isn't a french forum".

Oh and I feel sorry for you, not being able to read those numbers because of commas.
What Salepâte said.
I'm French, and in French, integers and decimals are separated by commas. For this reason the software I used for this list is set to use commas.
Someone noticed that when I showed one of the early version of the file in the back room, and I changed the localization settings to English. However, I had to use the software for some university projects and set the settings to French again. And then when I came back to the tier list project, I didn't notice the problem since commas are normal for me.
I'll change that soon.

Stevo

Smash Champion
I didn't even notice the comas because I went through french immersion and that's how we were taught to do it.

I do find that 1,000.00 looks cleaner than 1 000,00 though

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
I do find that 1,000.00 looks cleaner than 1 000,00 though
i actually got nervous when i looked at that.

i was like

"Oh ****, thats a number but I can't tell what number it is"

then i calmed down and figured it out.

inui logic says french people are scary.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
My only complaints are the

• IC shouldn't be a tier above the C group (when it's not actually that much of a disparity)
  • Dr. Mario shouldn't be above Ganondorf
  • Roy shouldnt be placed over Mewtwo

But hey, I'm not a MBR member nor am I a "top level player." ... But it just seems wrong...

I'm all for sticking to cold, hard statistics when the situation calls for it, but there are times when common sense should also come into play.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
My only complaints are the

• IC shouldn't be a tier above the C group (when it's not actually that much of a disparity)
  • Dr. Mario shouldn't be above Ganondorf
  • Roy shouldnt be placed over Mewtwo

But hey, I'm not a MBR member nor am I a "top level player." ... But it just seems wrong...

I'm all for sticking to cold, hard statistics when the situation calls for it, but there are times when common sense should also come into play.
Ice Climbers are quite clearly better than the rest of the mid tiers, I've got no idea what you're talking about...

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
roy is way better than mewtwo overall

Doc is clearly better than Ganon. He has good matchups with almost every top tier and high tier, or not bad ones at least

He's good at camping, gimping, and chain grabbing, and doesn't get combo ***** nearly as hard as Ganon does at high level

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua

Doc is clearly better than Ganon. He has good matchups with almost every top tier and high tier, or not bad ones at least

He's good at camping, gimping, and chain grabbing, and doesn't get combo ***** nearly as hard as Ganon does at high level
As much as I don't wanna agree with Doc above Ganon, this post has a very good point

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Yah people say Doc has a bad recovery, but between pills, cape, tornado, and a decent airdodge, he can get back on stage. If you don't like theory smash, just look at Shroomed, the player known to have "a stock and a half" for every would-be stock.

Ganon, on the other hand, has nothing to protect himself with in the air and can't hit you on the edge, which is the only way for him to get safely back on stage.

Skyson

Smash Ace

This is the first post in this thread moderately defending Roy's position, and it doesn't explain anything.

Whyyyyyyyyy Roy? D:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
people are just bad at edgeguarding doc (like they are for edgeguarding every non-popular char).

his recovery actually does blow.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ganon, on the other hand, has nothing to protect himself with in the air and can't hit you on the edge, which is the only way for him to get safely back on stage.
M2K is right, doc should be higher. I agree with linguini that samus should be as well. This half of this post, however, is way off.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
M2K is right, doc should be higher. I agree with linguini that samus should be as well. This half of this post, however, is way off.
How so? Please inform me as to what I'm missing. I played Ganon at a competitive level for over a year, and quit him mainly because of his recovery.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVt2bALQZ5I

Here's a random Ganon clip I just searched up. I haven't looked through it, but I am willing to bet Ganon will be edgeguarded HARD.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yah people say Doc has a bad recovery, but between pills, cape, tornado, and a decent airdodge, he can get back on stage. If you don't like theory smash, just look at Shroomed, the player known to have "a stock and a half" for every would-be stock.

just look at shroomed meets lucky. doc sucks at recovering. just **** him from the ledge.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
What does Shroomed's tournament success* vs Lucky have to do with Doc having bad recovery and Lucky being (arguably) a good example as how to penalize Doc for having a bad recovery?

*Shroomed got tapped in their most recent set

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Shroomed beat Lucky twice(sets) in tournament fairly recently.
I didnt say tourney success at all. I just think lucky has def had some good edgeguards vs doc. I was implying that his recovery is bad when you kno how to punish it.

Edit: word. KK. Thats exactly what I meant somehow I missed ur post. lol ****in Merkuri >_<

ZetTroxX

Smash Journeyman
How so? Please inform me as to what I'm missing. I played Ganon at a competitive level for over a year, and quit him mainly because of his recovery.
Double Jump!

Ganondorf Kick Down-B!

Another DOUBLE JUMP!!

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

OT: Docs recovery might suck, but just take a look at Shroomed vs. Lucky - Docs recovery sucks balls, ; especially against Fox; but Shroomed ****ed Lucky up.

So Fox might just has to hit with one shine offstage to kill doc, but Shroomed avoided that (mostly) and won the Sets. Imo it´s way harder to actual get that shine. It´s not THAT easy.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVt2bALQZ5I

Here's a random Ganon clip I just searched up. I haven't looked through it, but I am willing to bet Ganon will be edgeguarded HARD.
Lmao cool avatar

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Yo dawg. Ganon's recovery isn't that bad.

Doc's is bad. Down - B isn't really easy to do... at least to get the full benefit from it.

Up - b is kinda crappy. If you know what you're doing pills shouldn't really be a problem.

Top Bottom