• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
except that might mean bugger things for the next game. :4littlemac:

If say. . .Wonder Red was an assist trophy I would be okay with that because
1. More publicity
2. potential upgrade

it's better than being left in the dust imo.
of course there are exceptions ridley
I remember everyone being upset about Waluigi except me because he's not important nor unique

I remember everyone being upset about Waluigi except me because he's not important nor unique
ok but imagine how pissed they would be if he was just a trophy :p

EX isaac fans, or me with no Lyn AT
of course this gives the possibility of DLC as well but DLC assist trophies would have already been considered as playable and chosen not to be playable. it would be AT or nothing for DLC

I agree waluigi is too minor

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I thought that was closed half a year ago.
There was an older thread that was closed, but there's a second one open for a while now.

You know, I think that everyone has the same views on ATs. On one hand: Summoning them can be a thrill for fans of the characters. On the other hand: Fans dislike the AT because they wanted the characters to be playable
Yeah everyone would obviously want them to be playable so I can imagine it being quite disappointing to see them as anything but.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
"So we have finary added Ridley into the new Super Smashu Brothas, and he will now join the battle... as an Assist Trophy. Purease understandu."

God, if I ever hear those words from Iwata.... I will cry. :p

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
There was an older thread that was closed, but there's a second one open for a while now.

Yeah everyone would obviously want them to be playable so I can imagine it being quite disappointing to see them as anything but.
Huh. That was the one that was open when I first joined, must be because I never bother looking for new threads.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yep. I believe Rosalina and Garvedoir were as well
Wait, Rosalina? First I've heard of this. I do know Ridley has scrapped AT data according to the Cutting Room Floor. I don't recall seeing Rosalina mentioned though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac? I'd like Dark Samus, Dillon, Ghirahim, Lyn, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, Starfy, Ray MKII and Isaac pull Little Macs personally.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ashley, Dark Samus Dillon, Ghirahim (only if he gets another game), Isaac, Lyn, Magnus, Midna (only if she gets a new game), Prince Sable, Ray MK, Saki, Skull Kid (only if he gets a new game), Starfy. Takamaru

All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Who would you guys like to see pull a Little Mac? I'd like Dark Samus, Dillon, Ghirahim, Lyn, Saki Amamiya, Takamaru, Starfy, Ray MKII and Isaac pull Little Macs personally.
Dark Samus
Dillon
Isaac
Midna
Lyn
Takamaru
Maybe Ray or excitebike. Never played custom Robo and it really depends how unique the biker dude can be.

Not magnus.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ashley, Dark Samus Dillon, Ghirahim (only if he gets another game), Isaac, Lyn, Magnus, Midna (only if she gets a new game), Prince Sable, Ray MK, Saki, Skull Kid (only if he gets a new game), Starfy. Takamaru
MM3D tho
Dark Samus
Dillon
Isaac
Midna
Lyn
Takamaru
Maybe Ray or excitebike. Never played custom Robo and it really depends how unique the biker dude can be.

Not magnus.
I haven't played Custom Robo either, I looked at him, thought he looked cool and wanted him in

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
MM3D tho

I haven't played Custom Robo either, I looked at him, thought he looked cool and wanted him in
We'll see. Zelda and Pokemon are just two examples of series that needs to focus on WHY these characters should be given a spot in Smash because of too much competition

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Let's see...
  • Ashley
  • Isaac
  • Lyn
  • Waluigi
  • Tingle
  • Dillon
  • Samurai Goroh
  • Sablé Prince
  • Isabelle
  • Takamaru
  • Hammer Bro.

:231:

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The way I see supporting AT figures or figures represented in this game already as bosses or ascended but not playable characters is less of making it so that they get their second chance to be redone as a playable character in this title so much as it's a message to the folks making these games that these characters ARE requested and popular/have a devoted fan base. With actual evidence to support them, it should help their chances of being pushed up the ranks and given a playable role sooner rather than later in the franchise. My boy Takamaru was once again considered for Smash but decided against because Sakurai felt as though not enough people in the West knew who he was. In this example, speaking up for him in numbers on the ballot would be helpful to give the nebulous "west's" POV as well as some insight directly to Sakurai and the folks generating the playable rosters, DLC or pre-release.

What's more, I wouldn't prescribe any particular logic towards Sakurai and what he can/can't or will/won't do when it comes to Smash. He is a pro at swerving on everyone.

All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Takamaru (duh)
Lyn
Saki

Prince Sable
Ray MKII
Issac

Kat & Ana
Ashley
Waluigi
Skull Kid

Phosphora
Midna/Tingle
Dark Samus

Bold: Most wanted
Italicized: Nice bonuses, picked because it'd be nice to see their fan bases get theirs :)

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
First time I see a non Tingle hater in a while
I wouldn't mind Tingle, but Tetra>Impa>Vaati>Tingle IMO. Tingle is more important sure, but his hate base negates him, at least, I've heard Sakurai has said that.

As for the list:
TAKAMARU
WALUIGI
SAKI AMAMIYA
Issac
Dark Samus
Ray MK III
Samurai Goroh

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I wouldn't mind Tingle, but Tetra>Impa>Vaati>Tingle IMO. Tingle is more important sure, but his hate base negates him, at least, I've heard Sakurai has said that.
Pretty much how I feel about Zelda newcomers except I'd switch Impa to the front runner and Tingle over Vaati (mostly because I respect Tingle's fans and Vaati hasn't been seen in quite some time).

On another note, all these "votes" for Takamaru making the Little Mac jump make me happy. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Oh goodie, a new game about AT's! Here goes nothing...

Takamaru
Waluigi
Dillon
Ghirahim
Prince Sable
Saki Amimiya
Ow the Edge :troll:
Kawashima
Phosphora (Muh KI bias)
Starfy

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Tingle was hated everywhere but Japan from what I could tell. Makes Hyrule Warriors laughable
I don't even want a creepy old man in green spandex outfit fighting. It's like we have a pedophile in the game. No thank you

One I would love to see as AT is Lip. She's been mentioned since Melee with her stick but nothing happened since. Perhaps putting her in the AT will help boost her popularity. Maybe another Golden Sun character outside of Isaac

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Isaac, Ray MKII and Excitebiker would be the three I'd be interested in seeing get promoted.

I'd say Dillon too but I don't think Smash 4 assist trophies are going to be promoted.

Troykv

Smash Master
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Ashley
Dark Samus
Dillon
Lyn
Saki
Takamaru
Ray MKII

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think a huge benefit to Dillon is that he looks like he was born to be playable. He's got a design that really pops.

On another note I've never really understand the hate towards Tingle. Sure he's weird....but the internet is weird too. It's like the capital of weirdness.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I believe Rosalina and Garvedoir were as well
Gardevoir was only an assist trophy in the beta. There's no evidence to suggest Rosalina was even considered to appear in Super Smash Bros at the time. The only removed Assist Trophy on the disk was Ridley. I doubt they could manage to remove all traces of her when they failed to remove the traces of 7 scrapped characters and the Ridley Assist Trophy.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
All ATs in the series
Andross
Ashley
Chain Chomp
Color TV-Game 15
Dark Samus
Devil
Dillon
Dr. Kawashima
Dr. Wright
Elec Man
Ghirahim
Ghosts
Hammer Bro.
Infantry and Tanks
Isabelle
Jeff
Kat & Ana
Knuckle Joe
Lakitu and Spinies
Lyn
Magnus
Metroid
Midna
Mother Brain
Nightmare
Nintendog
Phosphora
Riki
Sablé Prince
Saki Amamiya
Samurai Goroh
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sheriff
Skull Kid
Starfy
Starman
Takamaru
Tingle
Waluigi
Ray MKII
Mr Resetti
Jill
Isaac
Helirin
Grey Fox
Excitebike
Barbara
Lyn
Dark Samus
Saki
Takamaru (Or Just male Lyn :troll:)
Dillion
Shadow (Guilty Pleasure, I'm sorry)
Ray MKII
and Knuckle Joe

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Bah, let them at me. I've dealt with worse than a couple of pissy fans going at me because I don't share their opinions. :p

This is the same person who's been adamant about a playable Ridley in Smash since the beginning. A couple of typed words declaring me "a hater" for daring to say negative things about their characters ain't nothin' to me. :p

But OT: I definitely think K.Rool is a pretty required newcomer, especially since he's so highly requested and is from a franchise that has enjoyed a sucessfull revival.
I'd say K. Rool and Isaac, personally. Isaac for a popular new franchise to be added as playable, but K. Rool is by far the most "required." I mean, I'd usually include Ridley as well, but... ugh... I've been on a downer on Ridley ever since Sakurai's comments.

As for AT promotions, Isaac is the only "for-sure" addition. However, Lyn and Ray would be cool.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Samurai Goroh, Waluigi, and Takamaru are the ATs I want as playable characters.

As for ATs themselves, I hate 'em. Nothing more frustrating than seeing a character you want playable show up in the heat of battle, almost as if to mock you.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I thought a bit about the 5 before ballot + ballot and I think it's actually good for my Paper Mario :)

Because if I have to put the characters purely based on my priority observation, the 5 before ballot are

lucas (confirmed)
roy (99%)
ryu (99%)
wolf (95%)
kkr (85%)

The numbers I put here is just indicating that I found these very likely. Now if this is all we get BEFORE the ballot.....

The next are in order Paper Mario and isaac.

It's just deep enough to go there, but I didn't know they would be THAT ambitious on the DLC......6 charcters for DLC is enormous for me and passing 5 would already be mind blowing for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom