• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Regardless of what Rhythm Heaven character they could choose, they would be rather bland unless they got creative, especially if they only used what they do in their respective minigame.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ugh I miss Ivysaur. Yeah Charizard was my favorite Pokémon that the Trainer used and I'm glad Charizard is back, but Ivysaur was really fun to play as. I really wish the Trainer wasn't cut.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ugh I miss Ivysaur. Yeah Charizard was my favorite Pokémon that the Trainer used and I'm glad Charizard is back, but Ivysaur was really fun to play as. I really wish the Trainer wasn't cut.
I am glad Pokemon Trainer is cut... I just wanted to play as the Pokemon separately... but it sucks that I cannot main Ivysaur as a standalone character. It would have been fun to have two quadruped mains. :ivysaur::4duckhunt:

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't know what to think of this "rhythm" emblem thing, but if we really were supposed to get the Chorus Kids, it's likely they got the Ice Climbers treatment. Damn the 3DS version!! We'll see about DLC then.

A Rhythm Heaven character from the get-go would have been pretty cool though, it could have done what Ness did to Earthbound and Marth/Roy did to Fire Emblem + some other characters for their respective series: get more coverage on more or less "obscure" or unknown franchises.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I am glad Pokemon Trainer is cut... I just wanted to play as the Pokemon separately... but it sucks that I cannot main Ivysaur as a standalone character. It would have been fun to have two quadruped mains. :ivysaur::4duckhunt:
I actually enjoyed switching. Sometimes inconvenient, but that was mostly due to the stamina mechanic.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, no, guys, you know who the Rhythm Heaven character should really be?
The Samurai from Samurai Slice.

He stands patiently in front of a portal spawning DEMONS every second, and, without moving an inch, flawlessly and ruthlessly cuts them all down.
To save a little girl's pinwheel.

That is some hardcore **** right there. This guy is Smash Bros. material.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
It's worse knowing that we were seconds away from getting a Rhythm Heaven character than assuming that a Rhythm Heaven character was never considered in the first place.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If a Rhythm Heaven character and/or stage was indeed considered or scrapped during development, it only strengthens my theory that Sakurai is more likely to add characters and stages from first-party development teams (divisions, subsidiaries, affiliated) over characters and stages from second-party development teams (partners).

Rhythm Heaven games were developed by Nintendo Software Planning & Development (SPD) and it is a division of Nintendo.

It also strengthens my support for the Wandering Heroes from Find Mii I & II since StreetPass Mii Plaza (but not the DLC games) was developed by Nintendo SPD as well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's worse knowing that we were seconds away from getting a Rhythm Heaven character than assuming that a Rhythm Heaven character was never considered in the first place.
I don't know...it seems about the same to me...
Is knowing they never bothered in the first place worse than knowing they tried but could make one idea work?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

He stands patiently in front of a portal spawning DEMONS every second, and, without moving an inch, flawlessly and ruthlessly cuts them all down.

I would love to see this exist. As long as the portal is one of his Specials (or Final Smash).

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I watched almost all of the individual games in Rhythm Heaven Fever to try to find a basis for a character and it's really hard to do honestly...I want to make a moveset but I can't think of which character would have the most potential.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Here's some ideas for moves that aren't exclusive for one character:

Air Rally: [character] uses a racket to smack a shuttlecock at Forthington who appears away from the user. He will smack it back until the shuttlecock hits an enemy.
Rhythm Rocket: [character] rides a rocket from Launch Party up into the air.
Balloons: [character] rides the balloons from Night Walk up into the air.
Demon Portal: A portal from Samurai Slice appears and a demon will spawn from it.

A rhythm element could easily be added to all of these moves, but I haven't really thought on it.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Use the moves from the iconic RH games:
1. Glee Club
2. Wrestler
3. Karate Man
4. Night Walk
I think that's all you need to encompass the greatest RH elements for special moves.

(Edit: Why are there so many people here. O.o)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
1. Glee Club
2. Wrestler
3. Karate Man
4. Night Walk
I think that's all you need to encompass the greatest RH elements for special moves.

Front lines for new info. :3

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, who could we get to use those moves? I was thinking Marshal myself, but I don't know a lot about the games.

That's what I was wondering as well. At first I assumed something went down.

Front lines for new info. :3
For what exactly?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
1. Glee Club
2. Wrestler
3. Karate Man
4. Night Walk
The problem is that what character would be used to represent them all?
I want Wrestler/Reporter, but that would be the worst fit.
I don't know what you-
WOW. I haven't seen this many users since the Miiverse thread!

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
A question, but are the art from the characters, character models that are modeled to look like that or are they drawn by other things, not sure if they used the character models and putted them in a pose to look like that.

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
I'm not Sakurai but I'm pretty sure that Gematsu dude knew something, he got a ****tons of newcomers right, so maaaaaybe Chrom was planned at some point or something like that. (I would've loved Chrom as a faster but weaker Ike clone tbh)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm not Sakurai but I'm pretty sure that Gematsu dude knew something, he got a ****tons of newcomers right, so maaaaaybe Chrom was planned at some point or something like that. (I would've loved Chrom as a faster but weaker Ike clone tbh)
Sakurai's gone on record stating that Chrom was considered, but never planned. Robin was chosen instead and Chrom never took off at all.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Probably a worker, like he said, but the leak was actually bad for all of us, no hype for Shulk or anything.

Last edited:

Tainic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tainic
3DS FC
5327-2155-2373
all the leaks are bad anyway, man getting Duck Hunt and Junior spoiled was a bummer

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Let's give him Takamaru and Sakura Samurai inspired alts to really make people salty.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Probably a worker, like he said, but the leak was actually bad for all of us, no hype for Shulk or anything.
That leak robbed me of my Duck Hunt Dog hype. 12 years of hype building gone down the drain... but at least it proved the detractors and haters wrong and proved me right.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
By the way, since we were talking Veterans earlier...

My ranking of vets as far as personal desire and play time I would put into them:

Lucas > Squirtle > Wolf > Roy > Snake > Ivysaur > Ice Climbers > Pichu > Young Link

Remember that this is what I want, not what I think is likely. It is difficult to give chances to DLC as we still don't know what "the rules" of DLC are as we have no idea what (if anything) is planned beyond Mewtwo. The chances of the Ice Climber in particular are hard to gauge since I feel that their DLC chances are linked solely to a New 3DS version of the game.

Wolf is the only veteran character that seems truly likely to me due to several facts. He is mostly unique, he is featured in a marquee game (developed by Miyamoto no less) that is scheduled for release later this year, he is popular both within the Smash community and with out, and most importantly, Sakurai likes the character.

I am hoping for Lucas and would love to see the Pokemon cuts come back. The issues with Squirtle and Ivysaur is that seeing one come back without the other would be strange. A stand alone Charizard does not seem strange, but seeing two out of three of trainer's Pokemon come back would make the third stand out due to it's absence. They would therefore take up two slots, which would give Pokemon 3 out of a limited number of DLC slots. There is also the issue of Pokemon (and gen 1 Pokemon in particular) over saturation. Pokemon is a huge franchise, but it seems to me that Sakurai realizes that he needs to somewhat balance the number of Pokemon compared to other series representatives. Pokemon is the only series that received cuts in both Brawl and Melee, and is the only series to receive multiple cuts both times. That says something to me.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Give credit where credit is due...
Gematsu didn't give you that hype. That was all Sakurai.
Gematsu amplified the hype by making everyone thing Chrom was playable. Granted, everyone thought it'd be Chrom even BEFORE the leak, but the leak amplified it tenfold, especially after coming off of E3 with Mii, Palutena, and Pac-Man revealed to all support the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom