• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But useful for DLC newcomer speculation. :troll:
Hardly. We don't know what goes on in Sakurai's mind, and thus can't truly know what characters he views as exceptions, feasible, unique, or anything of the sort. This bit of news changes nothing in the grand scheme of things, aside from killing off Ridley's chances.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Daily reminder that Young Link can get in for an entirely different purpose and not for adding a filler clone to the roster. :glare:
Sorry, but no matter what you say, a redundant second child Link that was the only veteran replaced is not going to suddenly be considered again just because of a remake when OoT also had a remake and it did nothing for him, especially as it is Ocarina of Time.

If a OoT remake didn't do enough for him to return as opposed to his replacement, a MM remake won't matter, especially as he doesn't have enough appeal to be able to work as an advertisement character.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hardly. We don't know what goes on in Sakurai's mind, and thus can't truly know what characters he views as exceptions, feasible, unique, or anything of the sort. This bit of news changes nothing in the grand scheme of things, aside from killing off Ridley's chances.
We don't know, but we can come up with theories based on past character inclusions and reasons Sakurai added certain newcomers.

Sorry, but no matter what you say, a redundant second child Link that was the only veteran replaced is not going to suddenly be considered again just because of a remake when OoT also had a remake and it did nothing for him, especially as it is Ocarina of Time.

If a OoT remake didn't do enough for him to return as opposed to his replacement, a MM remake won't matter, especially as he doesn't have enough appeal to be able to work as an advertisement character.
To be fair, he'd probably been considered, especially when Sakurai has looked at games that were in development right now. Namely MM3D, which has been in development since 2011, which Sakurai can take advantage of.

Burruni

Smash Hero
As copies of WiiU have finally been putting out some footage, I want to note something.

Here is the 3DS CSS Screen with 4 (thanks for letting me realize I pressed the wrong key, Jaidyn) "slots" left as black space.

From TeamHyperCube's latest video, here is the WiiU character select screen lacking two last characters. :4gaw:&:4duckhunt:.
It seems fairly obvious that things will be shifted for Link and Kirby to be on the right row as the rest of their series, but the layout is the key thing. At this layout, one would assume there there would be approximately 2 "slots" left as black space once completed.

While this means little, but this is an interesting set of facts with the layouts, in my opinion.

Edit: From E3 2014, I remember how someone calculated that the layout would be 4x12 or squeezing 4x13 based on laying out a grid of Pikachu's icon across the full size of the background screen. Turns out they were right.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
As copies of WiiU have finally been putting out some footage, I want to note something.

Here is the 3DS CSS Screen with 3 "slots" left as black space.

From TeamHyperCube's latest video, here is the WiiU character select screen lacking two last characters. :4gaw:&:4duckhunt:.
It seems fairly obvious that things will be shifted for Link and Kirby to be on the right row as the rest of their series, but the layout is the key thing. At this layout, one would assume there there would be approximately 2 "slots" left as black space once completed.

While this means little, but this is an interesting set of facts with the layouts, in my opinion.
The first one is actually four slots. Unless you meant one for Mewtwo.

On Smash Wii U, there's definitely room for two more characters. On Smash 3DS, there is room for 4, 3 if you account for an "arrow" button.

It is really weird that there's a couple of glaring blank spots in the roster... Sakurai also made a strange comment. There's no plans for more "paid" DLC at this time. What, does that mean there's plans for other free DLC?

I don't know. Its just strange how the wording goes.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The first one is actually four slots. Unless you meant one for Mewtwo.

On Smash Wii U, there's definitely room for two more characters. On Smash 3DS, there is room for 4, 3 if you account for an "arrow" button.

It is really weird that there's a couple of glaring blank spots in the roster... Sakurai also made a strange comment. There's no plans for more "paid" DLC at this time. What, does that mean there's plans for other free DLC?

I don't know. Its just strange how the wording goes.
That's the thing that's hitting me.
Smash 64: 2x6 roster that fit perfectly.
Melee: 3x9 with two slots missing. Was known to be rushed in development and thus was why there were so many clones left.
Brawl: 4x9 with 1 slot of Random. This game was known for being delayed... 3 times or so to get the full build done with all characters.
3DS: 6x9 with 1 slot of Random and 4 missing slots. Only delayed once.
WiiU: 4x13(?) with 1 slot of Random and 2 missing slots.

DLC characters confirmed: 1, :mewtwopm:. Possibly the most requested character of Smash that was the closest finished of the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. Likely was planned to be done but unfinished. I have a feeling that this is the same story, but now the technology for DLC at the state it is at allows for the post-release work.

This, combined with the missing slots, makes me believe that this game was to a degree rushed for the Holiday release and the 3DS version alongside it.

We already know that :popo::icsmelee: were planned but later cut due to difficulties with getting them to work on 3DS without causing lag. They, alongside Mewtwo, would fill out the WiiU version and leave the 3DS version with 2 spaces left due to the wonky layout.

Could we assume that these two were meant to finish the build? Can we hope to see Ice Climbers announced for DLC when a side team figures out how to get them to work on the 3DS version as they have not been listed as a problem on the WiiU? We don't know. We can only theorize.

Sakurai could simply be wanting to make Free DLC for the veterans that were not able to be finished due to the deadline, as if some kind of apology that they couldn't be done in time.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We don't know, but we can come up with theories based on past character inclusions and reasons Sakurai added certain newcomers.

To be fair, he'd probably been considered, especially when Sakurai has looked at games that were in development right now. Namely MM3D, which has been in development since 2011, which Sakurai can take advantage of.
Yes, with a stage as part of a hypothetical DLC pack with Lucas, Wolf and a newcomer semi-clone. Not with a redundant character with little appeal.

You might be arguing that an MM stage wouldn't make sense as part of a DLC pack with Lucas and Wolf. Guess what? Young Link makes even less sense. He doesn't simply work as an advertisement character.

(For what is worth, MM is a popular enough game that it doesn't need a character to advertise its remake.)

Also, even if he was considered for the initial game, it was clear he was rejected both in Brawl and Smash 4 as Sakurai went in both cases with his replacement character who filled his role well.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The whole layout thing reminds me. Where is Mewtwo going to be? Is he going to be squeezed in there somewhere, or on the 'Page2' that was discovered in the 3DS vesion's code?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The whole layout thing reminds me. Where is Mewtwo going to be? Is he going to be squeezed in there somewhere, or on the 'Page2' that was discovered in the 3DS vesion's code?
Well, there's a couple open spaces on the 3DS and Wii U screens, so I'm guessing he will be on main screen. Either alongside the other Pokemans or (quite fittingly) with the clones. I don't think he'll be on the "second screen" in either case.

Last edited:

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero

While I agree he porbably won't get it, much to my chagrin, but I disagree with this stance
Ocarina of time didn't do anything for him from a character devlopment perspective because he was still lol clone link. Majora's Mask gives him the potential for a new MM inspired moveset which would be wildly unique.

I don't think he'll get in, even though I want him more than anyone but Isaac, Majoara's Mask gives him more of a chance than OoT in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

In all honesty, Golden, what's wrong with Sceptile in Smash Bros?
Nothing wrong with Sceptile itself, really. Just the logic used by people who claim Sceptile is likely.
It's the same kind of logic being used for Young Link.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Nothing wrong with Sceptile itself, really. Just the logic used by people who claim Sceptile is likely.
It's the same kind of logic being used for Young Link.
Logic that really doesn't work considering we got Mewtwo over Sceptile. If advertising was so important for DLC, you'd think Sceptile would have had priority. He didn't. Priority went to the more popular and more prominent character.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Daily reminder that Young Link can get in for an entirely different purpose and not for adding a filler clone to the roster. :glare:
I had a dream last night that Young Link got in, except he wasn't called Young Link and he had some really weird moves like being able to release a barrage of fairies from a bottle and turning into a group of electroplankton whenever he jumped in the water. I think he may have also been hitting people with masks, rather than wearing them.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I didn't even say Young Link was likely in the first place.
My stance on him is that he has a slightly good shot, but not a really likely one until more things point to his inclusion.

Logic that really doesn't work considering we got Mewtwo over Sceptile. If advertising was so important for DLC, you'd think Sceptile would have had priority. He didn't. Priority went to the more popular and more prominent character.
To be fair, Mewtwo was just an experiment Sakurai used to find out if DLC is worth developing, so in this case, it made sense to use an extremely popular character like him. He very likely didn't have competition with any other Pokemon character when first starting the experiment.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well, as the WiiU version has come out (though I likely will not be able to have it until later this year), I think this is gonna be my last post in a while. There's nothing to really go over that hasn't been said because there's really no official information that we can rely off of like we did pre-release. So I'll be making my final points.

Veterans:
:roypm: has a minor fanbase, is not that well cared for in the Fire Emblem community, and really has his role taken split across :4myfriends:and :4lucina: in the game. I've never been a fan of Roy as a character and as a fighter he seems to be a moot point.
:younglinkmelee:: What would be the point of his inclusion? Either a) he's a smaller more agile stat-change clone of :4link: with some property changes to namely his specials... oh wait. :4tlink:We have that exact character already. Option B) He has the Majora's Mask moveset that relies around switching between Goron, Deku, and Zora forms... oh wait. :pt::sheilda::4samus:-:4zss: Transformation characters have been removed.
:pichumelee:: Only served as a cute joke because Gen 2 was very recent. Would frankly be a waste of development time because the roster no longer needs the padding it did in Melee.
:wolf:: Barely even a clone at this point, with Star Fox fans actually being optimistic for once, I don't see he why he wouldn't come back. Sure, as one of the last unearthed fighters in Brawl he got backlash but that didn't stop :rob:.
:lucas:: Why does everyone hate on this guy so much? Sure, the Mother series has lost its main Director but Nintendo knows loud and clear that the series and particularly Mother 3 has a significant worldwide fanbase even if he's less beloved than Ness in Japan. He was far differentiated enough to justify a return.
:popo::icsmelee:: It's a coin flip. If they find a way around the lag-issues they came across earlier in development, we're set. If not, we'll wait til Sma5h. I can't see them being gone if/when we see another installment because they are an established, unique veteran who plays far differently from :rosalina:. Sakurai hand-chose this dynamic duo to be the NES emissaries for Melee and that should be a good platform for them to stand on.
:squirtle:&:ivysaur:: I don't see either of them really getting fleshed out into full standalone characters like :charizard:. Ivysaur in my opinion has a better stance than Squirtle because :4bowserjr:took the basis of the Side B and :4megaman:took the Up-Smash which were the most iconic parts of his moveset. Ivysaur also has the entire "oh we don't have a grass-type" trio theory to go on if you want to cling to it. I just don't foresee a Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Kid Icarus DLC character in general.
:snake:: A third party character would have to have been discussed, chosen, contractually arranged and completed before the release of the main game. Contractually and financially speaking I don't really see the wiggle room for Snake or any 3rd Party Newcomers.

Newcomers:
Bandanna Dee, a Rhythm Heaven character, and just to throw a bone King K. Rool are where I stand. I've talked BanD to death the past few weeks, Rhythm Heaven had a suprising amount of content for being a) a new series to be represented and b) be a series without a fighter, and frankly... King K. Rool interests me more in premise than Dixie for a DK newcomer.
If they're looking a bit pre-emptively, Inklings would be a great choice. Isaac... is just too unlikely from my perspective.

Other Hopes for DLC:
STAGES
Legitimately, I felt a little disappointment when the 6 Unlockable stages for Smash WiiU were: Flat Zone 1 & 2 combined as "Flat Zone X", Duck Hunt, Pac-Land, 64 Kongo Jungle (I like this stage, but I wish Saffron City and Dreamland returned alongside it. Maybe Princess Peach's Castle from 64 or Melee too), Pokemon Stadium 2, AND FRIGGIN SMASHVILLE.
More Retro or New stages would just better expand things out. New Pork City seems PERFECT for 5-8 player Smash.

Costumes
:4wario2: LOST costumes from Brawl due to the "8's the limit" rule. That alone really irritated me.
Also, this is being a bit nit-picky, but for god's sake can we have :4ganondorf: without being Granpa-dorf? Throw in ONE alt for either Ocarina of Time or Hyrule Warriors models, please! I want a fighter who can intimidate properly for his immense strength!
Other than that... :4pacman:Ms. Pac-Man. Pac-Junior. :4shulk:Any actual armors besides the base and swimsuit versions :4villager::4villagerf:more hair/shirt variety?

:dk:
:yoshi::mario::samus::kirby::link:
Let's not forget where it all began.
Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, as the WiiU version has come out (though I likely will not be able to have it until later this year), I think this is gonna be my last post in a while. There's nothing to really go over that hasn't been said because there's really no official information that we can rely off of like we did pre-release. So I'll be making my final points.

Veterans:
:roypm: has a minor fanbase, is not that well cared for in the Fire Emblem community, and really has his role taken split across :4myfriends:and :4lucina: in the game. I've never been a fan of Roy as a character and as a fighter he seems to be a moot point.
:younglinkmelee:: What would be the point of his inclusion? Either a) he's a smaller more agile stat-change clone of :4link: with some property changes to namely his specials... oh wait. :4tlink:We have that exact character already. Option B) He has the Majora's Mask moveset that relies around switching between Goron, Deku, and Zora forms... oh wait. :pt::sheilda::4samus:-:4zss: Transformation characters have been removed.
:pichumelee:: Only served as a cute joke because Gen 2 was very recent. Would frankly be a waste of development time because the roster no longer needs the padding it did in Melee.
:wolf:: Barely even a clone at this point, with Star Fox fans actually being optimistic for once, I don't see he why he wouldn't come back. Sure, as one of the last unearthed fighters in Brawl he got backlash but that didn't stop :rob:.
:lucas:: Why does everyone hate on this guy so much? Sure, the Mother series has lost its main Director but Nintendo knows loud and clear that the series and particularly Mother 3 has a significant worldwide fanbase even if he's less beloved than Ness in Japan. He was far differentiated enough to justify a return.
:popo::icsmelee:: It's a coin flip. If they find a way around the lag-issues they came across earlier in development, we're set. If not, we'll wait til Sma5h. I can't see them being gone if/when we see another installment because they are an established, unique veteran who plays far differently from :rosalina:. Sakurai hand-chose this dynamic duo to be the NES emissaries for Melee and that should be a good platform for them to stand on.
:squirtle:&:ivysaur:: I don't see either of them really getting fleshed out into full standalone characters like :charizard:. Ivysaur in my opinion has a better stance than Squirtle because :4bowserjr:took the basis of the Side B and :4megaman:took the Up-Smash which were the most iconic parts of his moveset. Ivysaur also has the entire "oh we don't have a grass-type" trio theory to go on if you want to cling to it. I just don't foresee a Mario, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or Kid Icarus DLC character in general.
:snake:: A third party character would have to have been discussed, chosen, contractually arranged and completed before the release of the main game. Contractually and financially speaking I don't really see the wiggle room for Snake or any 3rd Party Newcomers.

Newcomers:
Bandanna Dee, a Rhythm Heaven character, and just to throw a bone King K. Rool are where I stand. I've talked BanD to death the past few weeks, Rhythm Heaven had a suprising amount of content for being a) a new series to be represented and b) be a series without a fighter, and frankly... King K. Rool interests me more in premise than Dixie for a DK newcomer.
If they're looking a bit pre-emptively, Inklings would be a great choice. Isaac... is just too unlikely from my perspective.

Other Hopes for DLC:
STAGES
Legitimately, I felt a little disappointment when the 6 Unlockable stages for Smash WiiU were: Flat Zone 1 & 2 combined as "Flat Zone X", Duck Hunt, Pac-Land, 64 Kongo Jungle (I like this stage, but I wish Saffron City and Dreamland returned alongside it. Maybe Princess Peach's Castle from 64 or Melee too), Pokemon Stadium 2, AND FRIGGIN SMASHVILLE.
More Retro or New stages would just better expand things out. New Pork City seems PERFECT for 5-8 player Smash.

Costumes
:4wario2: LOST costumes from Brawl due to the "8's the limit" rule. That alone really irritated me.
Also, this is being a bit nit-picky, but for god's sake can we have :4ganondorf: without being Granpa-dorf? Throw in ONE alt for either Ocarina of Time or Hyrule Warriors models, please! I want a fighter who can intimidate properly for his immense strength!
Other than that... :4pacman:Ms. Pac-Man. Pac-Junior. :4shulk:Any actual armors besides the base and swimsuit versions :4villager::4villagerf:more hair/shirt variety?

:dk:
:yoshi::mario::samus::kirby::link:
Let's not forget where it all began.
Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K783SDTBKmg
Cool analysis. I might agree with everything.... EXCEPT for that Isaac part.

Why does everyone hate on this guy so much?
Plus he needs more lines :p

Ganondorf seems to be the returning veteran who has gotten the least work. No other skin, no change in moves (still a clone). He is supposed to be a part of Nintendo's Holy Trinity!
The least they could add might be his Hyrule Warriors skin. Now that :4ganondorf: is the most menacing! Plus cool! I was atleast expecting that appearance of his.

I don't mind old veterans like :lucas: or :wolf: returning. Maybe they could bundle 'em with some new character and stages?

I think DLC is still very likely because of this:

"As for why Mewtwo isn't paid content from the start, releasing that character is an experiment meant to act as a foothold in content distribution"

Mewtwo is just an experiment and most likely Nintendo will release DLC along/after him. They won't make the staff stick around for a single character.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Cool analysis. I might agree with everything.... EXCEPT for that Isaac part.

Plus he needs more lines :p

Ganondorf seems to be the returning veteran who has gotten the least work. No other skin, no change in moves (still a clone). He is supposed to be a part of Nintendo's Holy Trinity!
The least they could add might be his Hyrule Warriors skin. Now that :4ganondorf: is the most menacing! Plus cool! I was atleast expecting that appearance of his.

I don't mind old veterans like :lucas: or :wolf: returning. Maybe they could bundle 'em with some new character and stages?

I think DLC is still very likely because of this:

"As for why Mewtwo isn't paid content from the start, releasing that character is an experiment meant to act as a foothold in content distribution"

Mewtwo is just an experiment and most likely Nintendo will release DLC along/after him. They won't make the staff stick around for a single character.
Well, honestly, I'll have to admit. If Golden Sun 4 isn't in development I don't think Isaac will be added as a new character.

But I blatantly think GS4 is in development at this point, and GS is one of the biggest franchises in lifetime sales not playable in the game. Rhythm Heaven is about on the same level as GS, too.

G0LD3N L0TUS

Smash Lord
NNID
G0LD3N_L0TUS
3DS FC
3007-8158-6601
I don't see any problems with Isaac being playable and all, but I ask this of GS fans. Who would replace Isaac as the Golden Sun assist trophy?
The Golden Sun Assist Trophy? I must say, it seems like it's already been replaced with a puff of smoke. Both Golden Sun and Custom Robo are now nowhere to be found (besides Golden Sun music)!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't see any problems with Isaac being playable and all, but I ask this of GS fans. Who would replace Isaac as the Golden Sun assist trophy?
As far as we're aware, there is no GS AT. But honestly, most any GS character could fill the void. Garet, Felix, or Matthew could all replace the GS AT if they were to replace one.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Simple.

First of all there is no Isaac AT so far.

If it was to be added via DLC along with a DLC character it could easily be done.

Isaac's son Matthew, brother-in law Felix or his friend Garet are all users of the Move psynergy. They can be cool replacements.

Edit:
Well, honestly, I'll have to admit. If Golden Sun 4 isn't in development I don't think Isaac will be added as a new character.

But I blatantly think GS4 is in development at this point, and GS is one of the biggest franchises in lifetime sales not playable in the game. Rhythm Heaven is about on the same level as GS, too.
You know right it could have been nicer if you would have just posted the 2nd part of the post?:p

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
You know right it could have been nicer if you would have just posted the 2nd part of the post?:p
I'm being honest with myself. I think Isaac is in a very good position right now, which a lot of people do disagree with. His situation is very weird right now. However, I do have to admit that the main way he'll get in is because he's an existing established character whose franchise is continuing.

I've been saying this for some time now. I don't think post-Smash 4 characters will get in as DLC, period, unless they do long-term DLC up to 2-3 years. However, if an existing franchise like Rhythm Heaven, Advance Wars, or Golden Sun continues, that is where I think new IP characters will come from. And in the case of franchises with characters already, characters like K. Rool coming back to the franchise.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
That's the thing that's hitting me.
Smash 64: 2x6 roster that fit perfectly.
Melee: 3x9 with two slots missing. Was known to be rushed in development and thus was why there were so many clones left.
Brawl: 4x9 with 1 slot of Random. This game was known for being delayed... 3 times or so to get the full build done with all characters.
3DS: 6x9 with 1 slot of Random and 4 missing slots. Only delayed once.
WiiU: 4x13(?) with 1 slot of Random and 2 missing slots.

DLC characters confirmed: 1, :mewtwopm:. Possibly the most requested character of Smash that was the closest finished of the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. Likely was planned to be done but unfinished. I have a feeling that this is the same story, but now the technology for DLC at the state it is at allows for the post-release work.

This, combined with the missing slots, makes me believe that this game was to a degree rushed for the Holiday release and the 3DS version alongside it.

We already know that :popo::icsmelee: were planned but later cut due to difficulties with getting them to work on 3DS without causing lag. They, alongside Mewtwo, would fill out the WiiU version and leave the 3DS version with 2 spaces left due to the wonky layout.

Could we assume that these two were meant to finish the build? Can we hope to see Ice Climbers announced for DLC when a side team figures out how to get them to work on the 3DS version as they have not been listed as a problem on the WiiU? We don't know. We can only theorize.

Sakurai could simply be wanting to make Free DLC for the veterans that were not able to be finished due to the deadline, as if some kind of apology that they couldn't be done in time.
I think Wolf is higly likely for DLC, check this out.
His module is the same as his trophy, interesting.

D

Deleted member

That's actually not a good sign. As I've said repeatedly, that's Wolf's Assault model.
As in, Wolf's not using his design from Brawl like Fox and Falco are.
Look at these and compare.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
That's actually not a good sign. As I've said repeatedly, that's Wolf's Assault model.
Those are the only 2 full body Wolf models in existence, Maybe the brawl look, was an alt costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Every time I see "modules" instead of "models" I want to punch a goddamn hole in my tv/computer screen...
Those are the only 2 full body Wolf modules in existence, Maybe the brawl look, was an alt costume.
Fat chance.
Do you see any of Fox's or Falco's other designs as costumes? No? Then why would you possibly think that Wolf would have both his Smash design and his Assault design as costume options?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Every time I see "modules" instead of "models" I want to punch a goddamn hole in my tv/computer screen...

Fat chance.
Do you see any of Fox's or Falco's other designs as costumes? No? Then why would you possibly think that Wolf would have both his Smash design and his Assault design as costume options?
Maybe Sakurai thought his assault look suited him more, Ike's appearance is the same as Radiant dawn, in brawl it was based on path of radiance.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a little lol

But we found a captain rainbow trophy

Just a little lol right there

But i figured captain rainbow would be in some way

(I will be spooked anyway if hes a DLC. Remember Mewtwo is a collectable trophy and hes coming to club nintendo memebers early while several others have to wait to pay for him.)

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I was wondering why Wolf looked a little off.

It doesn't matter either way because we know that the only characters with a model in the game is the current cast plus Mewtwo. They aren't working on any DLC characters at the moment.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I was wondering why Wolf looked a little off.

It doesn't matter either way because we know that the only characters with a model in the game is the current cast plus Mewtwo. They aren't working on any DLC characters at the moment.
Actually, they said they aren't working on any other paid DLC characters at the moment. And honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they were.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, they said they aren't working on any other paid DLC characters at the moment. And honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they were.
Remember when Sakurai said that there wasn't any plans for DLC the first time, and then Mewtwo happened? Yeah.

There's no way he kept the team together and hired additional people for nothing more than Mewtwo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Remember when Sakurai said that there wasn't any plans for DLC the first time, and then Mewtwo happened? Yeah.

There's no way he kept the team together and hired additional people for nothing more than Mewtwo.
We don't know if he hired additional people. That rumor was never verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom