• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
No, but there will inevitably be one revealed soon.

Honestly, there's not gonna be any DLC. We'll just have to accept what we got. You may say that's bad marketing, but they literally revealed Pac-Man behind closed doors via liveblog. And they know everyone's gonna buy the Wii U version anyway.
I actually think there's a lot of evidence pointing at more characters coming.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So in line with all these trophies; it was stated that another WFT trophy was found, just randomly. Have such trophies been found for other playable characters, perhaps?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

The list is dwindling.

Bandana Dee and Ridley are still not shown as Trophies.

Dixie Deconfirmed

KRool Deconfirmed

MewTwo Deconfirmed

Ice Climbers, Wolf, Pichu all deconfirmed.

Lucas is unknown.

Chorus Kids Deconfirmed

Bandana Dee and Ridley and Isaac will happen.

I'd be pretty happy with that. I think you're on to something.
-I also want to share that, to my knowledge, no music track from Golden Sun has been spotted so far.
-And Motoi Sakuraba, composer of the Golden Sun series IS involved with this game.
-Camelot is credited, but nothing of Golden Sun property is anywhere to be seen/heard on the 3DS version.
-Golden Sun IS Game Boy Advance. Game Boy Advance IS Golden Sun. It's that simple... Yet, no GS representation whatsoever in the system where even Isaac's AT would have made more sense? (Much more than Ghrihaim, for example)? FISHY!

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
well no k rool, no mewtwo, no chorus men, no ice climbers, no ivysaur or squirtle, NOPE they have to be just trophies :mad::nervous::(:crying::cry:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
So, I'm assuming you're on the "bargaining" stage, now? :p
Are you kidding me I've been at acceptance for a month. I don't think we are getting DLC at all. I just think its foolish to say because a character has a normal trophy that they are disconfirmed as DLC when it most likely means the opposite. People are really dense if they think a Regular Trophy meant as an homage to very specific characters disconfirms them as DLC, assist trophy yes, smash run yes, boss yes, pokeball sure, alt yep, normal trophy no way in hell.

Last edited:

Dims

Smash Cadet
So in line with all these trophies; it was stated that another WFT trophy was found, just randomly. Have such trophies been found for other playable characters, perhaps?
I am 95% certain I saw someone get a Samus trophy in a random classic stage, while not playing Samus.
#believe

dezeray112

Smash Hero
True, I keep forgetting that, thanks! BTW what the heck is that pic you have on your Forum Card? It looks like something from a bootlegged Pokemon game. (I shall call it HokeyMon) :p
Is it my avatar pic you're talking about? That's actually from an episode of the Pokemon X & Y series.

Anyways back on topic, I think I might as well give my views on Dr. Mario.

Even though I'm not exactly too ecstatic on his inclusion in Melee as well as his return in Wii-U/3DS, although I have yet to see his gameplay within 3DS/Wii-U, I'm willing to try him out and see if there are any changes.

Also, I'm actually more interested to see what Sakurai will say about Dr. Mario's return as well as which characters were planned and then cut from the final game.

D

Deleted member

My god yes. Chrom was guaranteed a trophy and Shulk automatically has one because he's playable. Gematsu section for trophy gallery confirmed.

Also, I'm actually more interested to see what Sakurai will say about Dr. Mario's return as well as which characters were planned and then cut from the final game.
He won't say anything in regards to cuts probably. He didn't for Brawl, and we only know Mewtwo was planned due to poking around on the disc. It would be interesting if he did, but I don't think he will.

No Dixie
No KRool
No Chorus Men
No Ice Climbers
No Wolf
No Mewtwo
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit

I'm starting to question Sakurai's mindset, here
It's quite simple really. None of those characters were ever planned, or (in the case of the Ice Climbers) were scrapped mid development due to technical difficulties. Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina were added late in development due to having enough time to develop clones, but not a unique character. It's the same thing as what happened with Melee's roster, where Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, Ganondorf, Roy, and Falco got in over King Dedede due to being significantly easier to make, consuming far less resources, and were able to beef up the roster.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
On yesterday's potd, Sakurai talks about being able to download patches that fix bugs, I know that doesn't really mean anything but it can give some hope that the game will change and evolve over its lifespan, hopefully in the form of dlc as well...

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
On yesterday's potd, Sakurai talks about being able to download patches that fix bugs, I know that doesn't really mean anything but it can give some hope that the game will change and evolve over its lifespan, hopefully in the form of dlc as well...
Have I posted this here? I think I haven't...

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

The list is dwindling.

Bandana Dee and Ridley are still not shown as Trophies.

Dixie Deconfirmed

KRool Deconfirmed

MewTwo Deconfirmed

Ice Climbers, Wolf, Pichu all deconfirmed.

Lucas is unknown.

Chorus Kids Deconfirmed

Bandana Dee and Ridley and Isaac will happen.
I don't see how trophy a disconfirm characters as dlc? Whoever came up with this is ridiculous. If anything, Lucas is disconfirmed and everyone else on your list still has a chance. Lucas' moveset was given to Ness as his customs.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, Sakurai is going to be the next Yoshio Sakamoto (if you know what I mean).

Niala

Smash Ace
Have I posted this here? I think I haven't...

Since I'm not knowledgeable about such things I figure I'll ask: is this a unique case? As in, is this the only game to do this on the 3DS E-Shop? Maybe other games have shown two different figures for a reason I'm unaware of, and it's actually quite common.

Or, is it possible that the game is compressed for the eshop download?

Marcusjll

Smash Cadet
I hope characters like Dixie and K Rool will be DLC.. maybe that's why they're trophies. 'Cause if not, they could have at least been assist trophies

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I hope characters like Dixie and K Rool will be DLC.. maybe that's why they're trophies. 'Cause if not, they could have at least been assist trophies
Characters like Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and so still have chances of being playable later. The fact that they have a trophy doesn't mean they're strictly deconfirmed. If you want to keep something secret, better hide it at plain sight. Not having a Ridley or Mewtwo trophy would make people suspicious.

Characters like Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and so still have chances of being playable later. The fact that they have a trophy doesn't mean they're strictly deconfirmed. If you want to keep something secret, better hide it at plain sight. Not having a Ridley or Mewtwo trophy would make people suspicious.
Sadly, Mewtwo trophy is on the scene. Now, AGAIN, Ridley is left alone again. It seems the journey of straw grasping is surely an ordeal.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
But they MUST be planning some DLC characters. The other Smash games besides Melee had a full rectangle shape, this one obviously has 6 slots left, (Just like Mario Kart) Melee used its empty spots as Random spaces, and This game already has an entire spot dedicated to randomizing characters.

EDIT:

Sal.
SAL.
SAAAAAAL!
SAAAAAAAAAAL!
SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL ROMANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Gematsu is real, guys."

"Sneaky Spirit confirms them."

"Chorus Men are inevitable, stop denying it."

:rolleyes:

You know, we're actually really bad at this whole speculating thing.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
"Gematsu is real, guys."

"Sneaky Spirit confirms them."

"Chorus Men are inevitable, stop denying it."

:rolleyes:

You know, we're actually really bad at this whole speculating thing.
"Ice Climbers can't be cut, look at the bears!"

I think its less us being bad at speculating, and moreso Sakurai being too good at being unpredictable. That man does as he friggin pleases.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
"Ice Climbers can't be cut, look at the bears!"

I think its less us being bad at speculating, and moreso Sakurai being too good at being unpredictable. That man does as he friggin pleases.
No we're bad at speculating. I wasn't around here during Brawl's development time, but, I bet when people saw the Animal Crossing stage, some may have said "Oh! Animal Crossing Stage! Tom Nook confirmed!!" or "The Villager guy confirmed!". Actually, I think it's more like we see something that's from a certain franchise, yet we haven't seen a fighter from that said franchise confirmed yet, and we get all hyped up and start assuming things.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It is moronic to suggest that a character appearing as a trophy disqualifies them as DLC.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Sadly, Mewtwo trophy is on the scene. Now, AGAIN, Ridley is left alone again. It seems the journey of straw grasping is surely an ordeal.
I was gonna reply, but then I saw this...

It is moronic to suggest that a character appearing as a trophy disqualifies them as DLC.
...and I don't think I have to add anything else.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Not a single DK Assist Trophy. Again.

Christ Sakurai, could you never beat DKC1 or something?
Are you serious? Heck, Wario finally got one which was needed so you'd think we'd see a DK trophy too. Representation of franchises are all over the place.

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
to all you saying characters wont be in solely by them having trophies

im pretty sure someone (gema_yue) randomly got a wii fit trainer trophy, at least to my memory anyways,

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
to all you saying characters wont be in solely by them having trophies

im pretty sure someone (gema_yue) randomly got a wii fit trainer trophy, at least to my memory anyways,
One leaker got a Lemmy Trophy I think right? So it's possible to get playable characters' trophies outside of beating modes.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Some guys are claiming that characters shown as trophys does not deconfirm as dlc

Can someone explain?

And isaac, bandana dee and ridley are still no where found so could they be are dlcs then?

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
I think the only evidence I need to suggest that trophies don't disconfirm characters is Toon Link. That asshole was in the background of a stage and still came out playable.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
What about Impa? Does she have a trophy?
If she does, I don't think anyone has found (or posted) it yet.

So.... what stops, say.. Wonder Red from being a playable character now? He's a trophy too. Maybe he's DLC. :p
Nothing at all. Wonder Red was one of my most wanted newcomers, so I'm all in for this! :D

Some guys are claiming that characters shown as trophys does not deconfirm as dlc

Can someone explain?
Why would a trophy deconfirm a character? Sure, you unlock them by finishing Classic mode with them, but that doesn't mean DLC characters have to follow the same rule.

Joe D.

Smash Ace
NNID
NeroSnare
3DS FC
2552-1665-5337
If they wanted to, they could just make a new trophy for characters they would want to add as DLC.

Here's to hoping. In the meantime, I'm WAY too hyped for this game now.

zauberdragon

Smash Journeyman
Well

Ridley
Bandana dee
Isaac

Still not found could they be dlc per chance?
I'd imagine there'll be a Ridley trophy in the Wii U version seeing as we know he's in it in some capacity.

I don't see why a character having a trophy disqualifies them from being DLC. It's just as easy if not easier to add a patch removing a trophy or changing how you unlock it (e.g. change it so you beat classic with them) than to add the character to the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom