• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Odd Turnips

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
If you roll towards the ledge, walk a tad bit out (not sure how far out), and throw a turnip down within a couple frames of possibility, it will drop down off the edge as opposed to being thrown down onto the stage. Any explanations?

Edit 1: Upon further review, you know you are close when peach makes the arm swing to throw the turnip but is on the ground so she won't. This means you are a couple frames off from pulling it off. Also, if anyone could tell me how far it goes, that'd be great. If you need to replicate this, I recommend going on FD and short-hop fast-falling with peach and throwing the turnip down right before you land. This also seems to work with Bombs, Mr. Saturn, and Beam Swords.

Last edited:

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
If you roll towards the ledge, walk a tad bit out (not sure how far out), and throw a turnip down within a couple frames of possibility, it will drop down off the edge as opposed to being thrown down onto the stage. Any explanations?

Edit 1: Upon further review, you know you are close when peach makes the arm swing to throw the turnip but is on the ground so she won't. This means you are a couple frames off from pulling it off. Also, if anyone could tell me how far it goes, that'd be great. If you need to replicate this, I recommend going on FD and short-hop fast-falling with peach and throwing the turnip down right before you land. This also seems to work with Bombs, Mr. Saturn, and Beam Swords.
you're going to have to rephrase this, i'm not sure exactly what you are describing. can you get a video or gif showing what you are talking about?

Sycorax

Smash Ace
Wow this is hard to read. I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I'll take a guess. It wasn't apparent that you were jumping until you mentioned it at the very end. Basically, you are throwing the turnip at the very corner of the stage. It bounces of the corner like it bounces off of walls. When you do this, the hitbox goes away I believe. I don't remember for sure.

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the bad phrasing, I guess I should've put more time into the post. Here is a better phrasing: If you take the control stick just barely out of neutral so that you walk and stop after one or two steps, you have the right distance. If you full hop, fast fall, and as you are falling, throw the turnip down, you can get the glitch down. It works if you can get the turnip to go off stage. You know you are close if Peach starts the throw but cannot finish as she just landed. I can't show a gif or picture, sorry about that. I would think Splits is right, however, if you throw the turnip down with distance between Peach and the stage, the turnip disappears.

Last edited:

IoSSBM

Smash Cadet
Yeah. I have only been playing Melee for a year, and only seriously for a couple months, so I am still making discoveries.

Top Bottom