• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 4-5, 2014] The Big House 4: feat. Mango, Armada, Mew2King, Hungrybox, Prof Pro (Romulus, MI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Last edited:

Drephen

Smash Master
Had a blast at Big House 3 and would love to go to this one as well. I'm breaking that top 8 this time though. Having actually read everything this time (BH3 was kind of rushed for me) my only question is about this taken from the UM Smash website
hank you! Each contribution of a full Melee setup (15+ inch TV, GameCube, Melee disc, memory card) or a full Project M setup (15+ inch TV, Wii, Brawl disc, PM v3.02 essentials) will earn you a setup discount on the weekend of the tournament depending on your arrival time: $10 in cash back if you check in on Friday night, or $5 in cash back if you check in on Saturday morning
Is there a reason you need setups friday night? I know $5 isn't a lot to most people, but it is to broke people from Ohio. If it was switched from Friday-Saturday to Saturday-Sunday that makes more sense.

Thanks and hope to see all you there (Go BUCKS)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Had a blast at Big House 3 and would love to go to this one as well. I'm breaking that top 8 this time though. Having actually read everything this time (BH3 was kind of rushed for me) my only question is about this taken from the UM Smash website

Is there a reason you need setups friday night? I know $5 isn't a lot to most people, but it is to broke people from Ohio. If it was switched from Friday-Saturday to Saturday-Sunday that makes more sense.

Thanks and hope to see all you there (Go BUCKS)
Good question, it's mostly because it saves a ton of effort on Saturday morning. I encouraged this last year, and ended up setting up about 90% of the venue and equipment on Friday night, man it made such a big difference. So I'm trying to motivate everyone to bring setups on Friday night again, and hopefully an extra $5 can help make that happen.

We had a big Smashfest and MIOM episode on the Friday night before TBH3 and it was fun as hell, there were probably at least 50-60 people there. Definitely planning to do something like that again.

Last edited:

Drephen

Smash Master
Good question, it's mostly because it saves a ton of effort on Saturday morning. I encouraged this last year, and ended up setting up about 90% of the venue and equipment on Friday night, man it made such a big difference. So I'm trying to motivate everyone to bring setups on Friday night again, and hopefully an extra $5 can help make that happen.

We had a big Smashfest and MIOM episode on the Friday night before TBH3 and it was fun as hell, there were probably at least 50-60 people there. Definitely planning to do something like that again.
Cool thanks bro, an extra night of friendlies is always worth it. Also, i like that this place has a sports bar. Though Ohio St. vs Maryland/Michigan vs Rutgers won' t be all that exciting.

Russy

Russydorf of Cincy
If I were to register for this, but then something came up, would it be possible to email someone and remove my registration?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If I were to register for this, but then something came up, would it be possible to email someone and remove my registration?
Unfortunately not. We're not doing refunds this year, as people abused that ability in previous years and it became too tedious to manage.

ShinsuYavi

D-Tier Melee Rookie
How far is this venue from Ann arbor? Like around the university.
Looks to be around 30-45 minutes, perhaps up to an hour if heavy traffic.
Shouldn't be too bad a drive, but if you live in Ann Arbor, you'll definitely be sleeping pretty late if you play till the venue closes. Which I intend to do. >:)

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
Thanks shinsu and rob. I might be taking a non smashing friend and possibly staying with him in Ann arbor 5 mins from the big house. That doesn't look like a bad trip, still will look into other housing options tho.

Naryx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Naryx17
If anyone in the northern Kentucky/southern Indiana area is looking to go i have room in my car/hotel room ^^

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Thanks shinsu and rob. I might be taking a non smashing friend and possibly staying with him in Ann arbor 5 mins from the big house. That doesn't look like a bad trip, still will look into other housing options tho.
Hopefully you'll get to tour the actual Big House :p

Drexel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valk54
3DS FC
4527-9856-8570
I really want to go and make my tournament debut but I don't have a ride atm. :(

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Would anyone like to buy a black 3DS XL from me at this? [Smash 4 fans!]
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies and Pushmo installed.
Pokemon Y cart
Great condition. Charger, stylus included. I think I could find the AR cards if you want those, too.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'm coming and Abate and I are teaming in PM.

Weird but meaningful question. Does the venue have big truck parking? I'm thinking about just stopping in Romulus for the weekend rather than driving home to Tennessee.

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'm coming and Abate and I are teaming in PM.

Weird but meaningful question. Does the venue have big truck parking? I'm thinking about just stopping in Romulus for the weekend rather than driving home to Tennessee.
Call them and find out.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Cool thanks bro, an extra night of friendlies is always worth it. Also, i like that this place has a sports bar. Though Ohio St. vs Maryland/Michigan vs Rutgers won' t be all that exciting.
I'll be at the bar watching Maryland get dumped on!

two2

Smash Rookie
Would anyone be willing to house/split hotel with me? I'm a decent falco/fox and can provide entertainment and I'll even give you $20 to house me or split hotel fee. I'm only 17 so I can't book my own hotel

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
One week until FL's sponsorship tournament for this event.
Going to practice like a mad man to make it here!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So sad that I'm not entering singles at this event. :/ Gotta take one for the team.

pluto

Smash Cadet
there are no refunds correct? my two friends i registered with are moving and won't be able to make it with me and they were wondering if there's a way to get their money back. if not, no worries!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
there are no refunds correct? my two friends i registered with are moving and won't be able to make it with me and they were wondering if there's a way to get their money back. if not, no worries!
Correct. Sorry to hear about that.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So I regged for PM doubles but the guy I was gonna team with decided not to go. Anyone wanna team in PM? Message me privately if interested.

jfever64

Smash Rookie
How much will venue fee be after the september 15th venue fee increase?
EDIT: Oh, and does it increase ON september 15th, or AFTER the 15th? Theres a possibility i may be forced to wait until that time to register.

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hotel rooms at the venue are almost sold out for the weekend. I got the hotel to add a few more rooms, but there's no guarantee they can keep accommodating us like this. If you haven't made housing plans yet, please do so asap.

http://www.umsmash.com/location/#housing

If you miss out, you can still book a room later under their normal rate (about +$30 more expensive per night) or stay at another hotel within walking distance. But you really don't want to do that.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
FL's sponsorship tournament is today.
Those who make it here will probably book a hotel early next week.

Wish me luck~ I really wanna go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom