• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 10, 2015] RVA's Rivertown Rumble (Richmond, VA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
A weekly Melee and Project M tournament held on the VCU campus. Melee registration at 5:30pm and tourney start at 6. PM registration will be at 7pm and tourney start at 7:30. All these times aren't very flexible so please be on time. The venue is the same: The VCU Academic Learning Commons (ALC) 1000 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA, Rm# 2107. There is no venue fee but entry into the tournament will cost 5$ per game. It WILL be BYOC but enough setups to run the tourney will be provided. If you would like to bring a setup it is HIGHLY encouraged, especially CRTs and there will be plenty of space. There will lots of parking in the Fan nearby on the streets because it is a weekend. You could drop off a setup at the ALC and then go park. Caution: Parking on Floyd is pay until 8 pm on that night.

Last edited:

Hippobro

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9752-8008
If I am 14 picked up melee only a couple times (still don't own it but I bought it on ebay.) but I have been playing PM for a few weeks now, could I still come? I know i'll get bopped pretty soon and badly.

Starbuck

Smash Rookie
If I am 14 picked up melee only a couple times (still don't own it but I bought it on ebay.) but I have been playing PM for a few weeks now, could I still come? I know i'll get bopped pretty soon and badly.
We'd definitely love to have you come. The tournament has taken a brief hiatus I believe until everyone gets settled into the new school semester. I'm sure that they'll post when they're ready to start back up.

On the other note, play for fun! The only way to get better is to put yourself out there and try.

rhan

Smash Hero
What's Friday's turnout looking like? I'm interested to come to Richmond from Norfolk.

Starbuck

Smash Rookie
What's Friday's turnout looking like? I'm interested to come to Richmond from Norfolk.
We used to get between 25-30 people pretty regularly but the OP hasn't been updated yet. The TO still is taking a hiatus with the tournament and it won't fire off for a little while. I'll see if I can't get him to fix that. The title auto-updates, or so I'm told.

Boxhot

Smash Rookie
Will there actually be a tournament this Friday? It said there was one last week but it never happened

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Will there actually be a tournament this Friday? It said there was one last week but it never happened
They had last week's at another dude's place.

This week is gonna be at MCALC. https://www.facebook.com/events/799440870125217/

We're doing things a little bit differently from how Orangeforce ran them last semester atm.

Instead of running P:M after Melee we're gonna run all the tournaments at the same time.

Registration starts at 6PM
Tournaments start at 7PM

$5 Melee
$5 P:M
$1 Smash 64

Last edited:

NPC

Smash Rookie
A weekly Melee and Project M tournament held on the VCU o campus. Melee registration at 5:30pm and tourney start at 6. PM registration will be at 7pm and tourney start at 7:30. All these times aren't very flexible so please be on time. The venue is the same: The VCU Academic Learning Commons (ALC) 1000 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA, Rm# 2107. There is no venue fee but entry into the tournament will cost 5$ per game. It WILL be BYOC but enough setups to run the tourney will be provided. If you would like to bring a setup it is HIGHLY encouraged, especially CRTs and there will be plenty of space. There will lots of parking in the Fan nearby on the streets because it is a weekend. You could drop off a setup at the ALC and then go park. Caution: Parking on Floyd is pay until 8 pm on that night.
Hey man, I'm in an awkward situation where I am going to be in Richmond this Friday mainly for a fencing tournament and I don't have a controller with me. Can anyone lend me one for this tournament? I'd be happy to participate if anyone can provide

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
where is this weeks tournament?
Its at VCU Mcalc, where its usually held

Does the new location have a room number?
listed in the description, its the big room on the 2nd floor

What will the turnout look like for this week?
37 people have RSVP'd as "going" on facebook

Hey man, I'm in an awkward situation where I am going to be in Richmond this Friday mainly for a fencing tournament and I don't have a controller with me. Can anyone lend me one for this tournament? I'd be happy to participate if anyone can provide
I'd be happy to loan you one but I won't get there until like 8 tonight

Po3T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Axel1337
Recently moved here to Richmond and trying to get back into Melee and PM. Sadly I won't be able to join the tournament this week, but I would like to touch base with you all and perhaps get a few matches in.

Miqi

Smash Rookie
this still going on?
There are still tournaments going on, not sure if this became like a megathread for the weekly event or what but I T.O.'d with Linkomac tonight, and it was very successful with 32ish melee entrants and 16ish PM entrants.

Momentaiz

Smash Rookie
Yes, but it's called Friday FightNight now, and we haven't made a sb page for it yet. The fb page is here

Note: We'll be in room 2201 of MCALC this week, not 2104 as it says above.
Is this gonna be held 3-20-15 I want to participate

Last edited:

Po3T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Axel1337
Is it only PM and Melee? I haven't played melee in awhile and fairly new to the PM 3.5 scene. Won't discourage me from going though.

Joshtrip1

J Dogg
NNID
danielsjw7
3DS FC
2466-4097-7365
Oh I see now. I look forward to streaming the tourney for you guys.im Joshua the technician and partner of living studios and the man who designed the new logo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom