• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 20, 2015] A-1 Comics Smash (Roseville, CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
Attention all Smash players! I am happy to announce our Project M tournaments at A-1 Comics Roseville will be weeklies! We will also be starting a doubles bracket in addition to our usual Singles Bracket.

Info about stuff:
-The Tournament begins at 12pm (Noon) on Fridays at A-1 Comics Roseville.
-Entry fee will be $1 venue fee + $5 per event you wish to enter. That means if you want to enter both Singles and Doubles its the $1 venue fee + $5 (singles) +$5 ($10 total per team for doubles). There is no spectator fee and friendlies will be open to all spectators and competitors so long as there is an open TV. (I'll love you forever if you bring your own set up <3)
-Payout will be cash money to 1st/2nd/3rd following a 60/30/10 distribution.

Format: Double Elimination Brackets, Bring Your Own Controller.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ruleset:

Modified Apex Ruleset:
-8-minute, 4-stock Matches. All Items turned off.

-All games are played as best of 3 sets (win 2), with Finals being a best of 5 (win 3).

-Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.

-For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.

-Giga Bowser is banned.

-Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the pauser.

-Quitting out of a match before it is over will result in a loss for the quitter.

-If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.

-If the match goes to sudden death due to a suicide move (Ganon’s side-B, Kirby/DDD’s swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins.

-Buffer set to off.

-Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.

-In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQed at the TO’s discretion.

-No excessive stalling (this includes abusing Jiggs’ Rising Pound and Mario’s Up-B Walljump).

-No coaching during a match. Consulting someone between matches is allowed as long as it doesn’t hold up the next match.

-For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

-All who wish to use a personal Project M client may do so, but usage of it in the tournament is up to the discretion of the TO. There will be a tournament client available to all who wish to use it/require it. (aka bring a spare blank 2GB SD card).

-Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not force another player (through counter-picking) back to a stage they previously won on in the same set. If both players agree to the stage however, it can be played.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

-Stagelist-

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
Distant Planet (doubles only)
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
Distant Planet
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Dracula's Castle
Skyworld

___________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any questions or anything, as always feel free to message me or post here, I promise to get to it as soon as possible! Hope to see you all there!

-Andrew "Eridaan" Romero

818 Sunrise Ave
Roseville, CA 95661
Phone: (916) 783-8005

Last edited:

BAJGGLEPIG

Smash Rookie
hey i live around the area and i am coming to the next event can u inform me about the community ?

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
hey i live around the area and i am coming to the next event can u inform me about the community ?
1-Community are a bunch of good folks. Pretty nice people who're always willing to play friendlies and help people get better and have fun.

I can bring a Wii and PM SD card but not a TV
2- That's more than fine, there's usually a spare TV that you can plug into. The help is appreciated!

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
(Sorry about double posting by the way.)

[I've started posting standings to the Smashboards Rankings! Please give their rankings a visit if you've played and claim your name!]

Last edited:

0okmn

Smash Rookie
Okay thank you, Sucks that I wont be able to make it most fridays, but I will be able to tomorrow the 4th, and I should be able to bring a set up if you need one.

BBOP

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6957-0006
I'll try to come! This'll be my second tournament, but my first major one! Hopefully I'll win this one like I did the last! XD probably not.

Freimos

Smash Rookie
NNID
CursiveBinary
Hooray! A Smash tournament actually nearby! I hope I can make it. I'm about 2 hours away from Roseville, but how much longer will the tournaments last if I can't make it this Friday?

Eridaan

Smash Rookie
Hooray! A Smash tournament actually nearby! I hope I can make it. I'm about 2 hours away from Roseville, but how much longer will the tournaments last if I can't make it this Friday?
They should be going until at the very least the end of the month, but more than likely through the end of the year.

Do you think we could possibly stream this?
We tried, unfortunately the net there can't support a high quality stream. We tried bringing it down to 30FPS and around 480p quality, and we were still dropping half our frames.

GokaiPlatinum

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0903-3829-8484
can you offer a complete list of song names used on your copy of project m?

Classiest

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheClassiest
How'd the tournament go? I unfortunately didn't notice this thread until this morning so I didn't go, but I am planning to this upcoming Friday.

Saos

Smash Rookie
Are they going to ever move the date or will it always be on fridays? Because I have schooling in the way so i cant make it anymore.

Pepeguy

Smash Rookie
Are they going to ever move the date or will it always be on fridays? Because I have schooling in the way so i cant make it anymore.
Same. School ends at 3:30. I can't really attend any of them unless the schedule is changed to a later time of the day.

Saos

Smash Rookie
Same. School ends at 3:30. I can't really attend any of them unless the schedule is changed to a later time of the day.
I am starting a smash club at my high school so I will have tournaments going on, on Saturdays so that should be fun and its all smash games.

Pepeguy

Smash Rookie
I am starting a smash club at my high school so I will have tournaments going on, on Saturdays so that should be fun and its all smash games.
Nice. Will you let me know when it gets established, unless it has already been done so? And location? Thanks.
Btw, is it like an enclosed campus or can visitors join?

Last edited:

Saos

Smash Rookie
Nice. Will you let me know when it gets established, unless it has already been done so? And location? Thanks.
Btw, is it like an enclosed campus or can visitors join?
it is at Granite Bay High School and it will be a charity event that I want to make weekly but I will have to see how my school handles that. But I can pm you when I get more detail

Thatsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATSA
3DS FC
3351-5342-1929
Are you guys going to be doing stuff for Smash 3ds?

Cool_John

Smash Rookie
Cool event looking forward to meeting more smash players

Last edited:

-AtlaS-

Smash Rookie
Is this weekly or biweekly? I saw it says "Fridays" but the thread was updated for 10/31. Just wondering since I know of a few biweekly tourneys lol

Cool_John

Smash Rookie
Is this weekly or biweekly? I saw it says "Fridays" but the thread was updated for 10/31. Just wondering since I know of a few biweekly tourneys lol
Its biweekly I had the same question so I called the shop the next event is this friday

Cool_John

Smash Rookie
Who ever going to the next event on Nov14 can you give me a ride? I have my own set up and a 50 inch crt I just need a way to get there with it if you can hmu on here or msg me thx

Winter Sweetspot

Smash Rookie
Does this event also include a melee tourney or at least friendlies? Tired of beating CPU :/

Last edited:

Dudley

Smash Rookie
If anyone near Roseville is interested in some friendlies, hit me up! Melee or PM

Scraket

Smash Ace
Showed up today with no pm tourney in sight
┻━┻ ︵ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Really like wtf
No reply yet you changed the date..... mkay
Not the best first impression of your tournaments bruh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom