• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS League Ended November 2014 (Smashboards will not let me delete this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freesubs

Smash Rookie
NNID
FreeSubs
2 stock, 5 minute timer, and no custom moves. FINALLY, SOMEONE HAS IT RIGHT. Stream?

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
2 stock, 5 minute timer, and no custom moves. FINALLY, SOMEONE'S HAS IT RIGHT. Stream?
Thank you. I won't be able to stream. This is all online. Anyone can enter and anyone can stream and post the link here or on the Facebook event page.

Batousai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davis1228
3DS FC
0533-5267-7408
Sunday...why is it always Sunday? I have a job and have to go to work every single Sunday. Yet almost every event worth signing up for seems to happen on a Sunday.

After winning the local launch tourney, and over 60% of online matches, it would be nice to test my skills in another real tourney. One that ISN'T running while I'm at work.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Sunday...why is it always Sunday? I have a job and have to go to work every single Sunday. Yet almost every event worth signing up for seems to happen on a Sunday.

After winning the local launch tourney, and over 60% of online matches, it would be nice to test my skills in another real tourney. One that ISN'T running while I'm at work.
Sunday is just the easiest day for me and many players. Everyone's usually home and most people aren't working that day.

xcel108

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4098-4880-2303
i signed up at challonge.com and facebook, but just in case my FC:4098-4880-2303

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
I joined here and on Facebook as Clayton Summers. FC:2638-0679-1408

Perhaps I missed it mentioned somewhere, but what stages are counter picks? This will be my first tournament ever.

Last edited:

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I'm not on Facebook, can I still enter?
Yes just sign up on challonge and register on smash4friends to chat with everyone.

I joined here and on Facebook as Clayton Summers. FC:2638-0679-1408

Perhaps I missed it mentioned somewhere, but what stages are counter picks? This will be my first tournament ever.
There are only three stages. Battlefield, yoshi's island, and final destination. Good luck to both of you.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone. Thanks to http://smash4friends.com/ which is run by Mew2King and Sonicrida, as well as Team Boost (http://boostgaming.net/), they have been kind enough to add $70 to the payouts over the next 4 weeks. $15 will be added for each of the 4 remaining tournaments, and $10 will be added to the top 8 tournament as well. Payouts for the next 4 weekly tournaments are 1st-$25, 2nd-$15, 3rd-$6, 4th-$4. Payouts for the top 8 tournament are 1st-$55, 2nd-$30, 3rd-$10, 4th-$5. Look for those numbers to increase if we get more sponsors. For now, please help these guys out and check out their websites and like them on Facebook here https://www.facebook.com/smash4friends and https://www.facebook.com/teamboostgaming.

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder that the E2C 3DS League Week 2 is later today at 6 PM. Over 200 are registered as of now. Entry is free with $50 in prizes and is open to anyone. Check out the event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/1475735839382385/ and register on Challonge here http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/7CdQR22h48. Don't forget to check in between 5 and 6 pm on Challonge otherwise you will be removed from the bracket. Top 8 players from the league advance to a final tournament with $100 in prizes.

tjdk2

Smash Cadet
how do i check in on challonge (new to the web site) can you only do it after the tourney starts?

Alphamew17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alphamew17
3DS FC
4296-3486-7805
Ok, I'm confused. I just checked the challonge, and it says it starts at 7pm EDT. But you say it starts 6pm, then 5pm. What time is it, and what time zone?

DontHateOnNate

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2793-1615-9405
I have a question, so it starts at 6 PM CST, and how long do you think it could last? A guesstimate is perfectly fine.

ninjaclone09

Smash Cadet
NNID
ninjaclone09
3DS FC
3411-2166-3677
What happens if one person lies about the results of the match?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
What happens if one person lies about the results of the match?
That happened last tournament. I banned the player that lied. I asked for the conversation on Smash4Friends as proof. It showed the player that lost and lied choosing the stage for the second match which proved that he was lying about winning 2-0.

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
I think he means who strikes first.

Let's say I really don't like Battlefield. Like I hate battlefield with a burning passion. If I strike first, then I'm uncertain where I go. But if I strike second and the opponent strikes Battlefield by chance, then I get to choose where, which is a different and potentially game-changing scenario. This is generally resolved in live tournaments by rock-paper-scissors, but that's a bit more difficult here.

T0MMY

Smash Master
How is "loser" determined? First round of play in Winner's Bracket doesn't seem to imply who would have lost yet.

Yeah, striking is ok if players can't agree to a Stage, which is why the Agreement Method is being used more. First step in that method is to Agree to a Stage and after that the players can use any method they agree to including striking (however they agree to Strike first/last).

Of course the usual Tardiness rules are still enforced to keep striking or any method from taking too long (5 minutes is more than enough time before a DQ is pronounced), but I'm unsure how that works for online matches.

Last edited:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
"Loser picks" refers to the loser of game 1 during game 2. It's always been like that in melee and brawl.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Even though I can assume that to be the case (been competing back in the golden days of Melee) Definition is still needed for those attending who are new.
But my point was more about how there can be a "loser" declared even if given the assumption, considering I asked about the FIRST round. Without definition I'll just say I am the "loser" and get stage pick (kind of a misnomer considering I'm more of a winner at that point winning the choice in Stage, lulz).

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
I think he means who strikes first.

Let's say I really don't like Battlefield. Like I hate battlefield with a burning passion. If I strike first, then I'm uncertain where I go. But if I strike second and the opponent strikes Battlefield by chance, then I get to choose where, which is a different and potentially game-changing scenario. This is generally resolved in live tournaments by rock-paper-scissors, but that's a bit more difficult here.
Well it depends on the player. Some players don't care about the order of striking. But if you do, discuss that with your opponent and you can use whatever method you want to determine who strikes first. You could play a one stock match on an agreed upon stage and winner chooses whether to strike first or second. Or you could both just agree on a stage to play on instead of striking altogether. It is difficult to decide who goes first but with 100+ people in each tournament so far, I have not heard of that being an issue from a single player.

Even though I can assume that to be the case (been competing back in the golden days of Melee) Definition is still needed for those attending who are new.
But my point was more about how there can be a "loser" declared even if given the assumption, considering I asked about the FIRST round. Without definition I'll just say I am the "loser" and get stage pick (kind of a misnomer considering I'm more of a winner at that point winning the choice in Stage, lulz).
I'll clarify that but usually the opponent will clear that up with any new player. It's rare to see two new players matched up who both don't know or understand the rules.

SolidStrifer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0216-1748-2376
I really want to join the tourney but I can't seem to register to smash 4 friends

i am "TheStrifer"
fc:0216-1748-2376

Big-Boss

Smash Cadet
NNID
Big-Boss_MGS-pro
3DS FC
1951-0047-6439
Well, I hope this'll be fun. My first real tourney so I know it's going to be a blast.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Well it depends on the player. Some players don't care about the order of striking. But if you do, discuss that with your opponent and you can use whatever method you want to determine who strikes first. You could play a one stock match on an agreed upon stage and winner chooses whether to strike first or second. Or you could both just agree on a stage to play on instead of striking altogether. It is difficult to decide who goes first but with 100+ people in each tournament so far, I have not heard of that being an issue from a single player.
I hope I can remember all that and my opponent doesn't ask for me to show him in the rules if it comes down to that.
Agreeing to a Stage as first method would make things much easier, it's what a lot of people are doing now.

Also, I am having trouble signing up at Smash4friends as well. I got an error code. I tried back later and got the same error code. I got an error code on some of the other pages, so I figured it might not be on my end of things. What does it mean?

One last thing: I play Mii as my main, but I just saw that character is banned. Why am I not allowed to use my character in this event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom