• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest SMASHTOBER! - Smash 4 & Melee Singles

SMASHTOBER! - Smash 4 & Melee Singles
Posted by radishssb
The Fast Lane @ Magic City Plaza
Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
SMASHTOBER!

The Fast Lane
193 Wooster Rd North
Barberton, OH 44203

Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/198180670513400/
Pre-Registration: http://goo.gl/forms/CvGfvFfLIN
Venue Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/QjFVs, http://imgur.com/a/YHqD9

SMASHTOBER! is an FGC event hosted by RUMBLE IN THE FALLS, NEOhio’s new and upcoming fighting game community. RUMBLE IN THE FALLS events are held monthly, with our focus being to build a community of new and old faces and create a competitive atmosphere where we can all strive to play our best.

SMASHTOBER! will be held on October 25, 2015 at The Fast Lane located in Magic City Plaza (193 Wooster Rd North, Barberton, OH 44203). Here we will be hosting a Super Smash Bros for Wii U tournament and a Smash Bros Melee tournament as well as fighting game friendlies and designated TCG tables. Registration for the Smash 4 tourney will be from 12p through 1:30p, with the tournament starting around 2p (give or take). Because of this shorter timeframe I highly encourage you all to pre-register at the link provided at the top of the description. During all of this time attendees are free to participate in friendlies and any other games present on the event floor. Even if you can’t participate we encourage you all to come hang out, socialize, play some video games, and see what we’re all about!

While we are capable of supplying a handful of set-ups on our own for the tournament, we highly encourage you all to bring some of your own as well to help out. I know monitors aren't too much of a hassle for the Smash 4 crowd to bring out with their console, but we do have about 5 CRTs on hand for Gamecubes/Wiis to be hooked up for Melee for those of you that might not want to or be able to lug a tube tv into a bowling alley. Just bring whatever you are capable of and we will do our best to use what we can where we can!

Parking spaces will be plenty as The Fast Lane is located within Magic City Plaza. No outside food or drink is permitted inside the building aside from a bottle of water per person as per the owner’s request. However, The Fast Lane has a fully functioning bar and kitchen to provide you with food and drink during your stay there. There is a small selection of arcade games as well as plenty of bowling lanes if you would like to enjoy your time there in any other fashion. The owner of The Fast Lane is very into supporting us and helping us grow our name and brand, so we ask that you be kind and courteous to the staff and remember to leave a tip if you are ordering drinks all night. They’re giving us a remarkable opportunity so show your support!

Also PLEASE remember to bring your own controller!

-----

FEES

Venue: Free!
Smash 4 Singles: $10 per person
Melee Singles: $10 per person
Payout*: 1st – 60% / 2nd – 30% / 3rd – 10%

*30% of all entry fees go back into the event itself while the other 70% is then dispersed among top three at these percentages.

-----

RULES

Super Smash Bros for Wii U
Double Elimination Tournament

2 Stock, 6 Minutes
Best 2 of 3 Games
Best 3 of 5 Games in Top 8

Items OFF.
Equipment OFF.
Custom Moves OFF.
Amiibos are BANNED.
Coaching during gameplay is prohibited.
Legal controllers are GCN or Wii U Pro controller unless otherwise cleared.
Miis are allowed with 1111, 2222, and 3333 move sets and default size.
No Sudden Death. Tied stocks result in player with lowest percentage winning the match.
If match ends with a player using Bowsercide or Ganon’s Flame Choke the win will go to the initiator.
Pausing results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent.

ORDER OF EVENTS

Pick characters.
Strike Starter Stages: P1 (1) > P2 (2) > P1 (1)
Winning player bans one stages among all stages, then Loser chooses from remaining stages.
Winning player may change character after any games but that selection will be locked in before losing player chooses their character.

STAGE SELECTION & RULES

Starter:

Battlefield
Dreamland 64
Final Destination*
Smashville
Town & City

Counterpick:

Duck Hunt
Lylat Cruise

Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.

Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not select a stage you have previously won on during the set unless mutually agreed upon.

*Omega stages may be used in place of FD, but only after the first game in a set. If FD is banned, so are Omega Stages.

-----

RULES

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Double Elimination Bracket

4 Stocks, 8 Minutes
Best 2 of 3 games
Best 3 of 5 games in Top 8

Items OFF.
Coaching during gameplay is prohibited.
No Sudden Death. Tied stocks result in player with lowest percentage winning the match.
No excessive stalling (Rising Pound, Luigi ladder, etc).
Wobbling is legal, stalling past 300% is illegal.
Double Blind and Neutral Start is offered at request.
Pausing results in a stock loss, at the discretion of the opponent.

ORDER OF EVENTS

Pick characters.
Strike Starter Stages: P1 (1) > P2 (2) > P1 (1)
Winning player bans one stages among all stages, then Loser chooses from remaining stages.
Winning player may change character after any games but that selection will be locked in before losing player chooses their character.

STAGE SELECTION & RULES

Starter:

Battlefield
Dream Land
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.

Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not select a stage you have previously won on during the set unless mutually agreed upon.

-----

Please contact us at rumbleinthefalls@gmail.com if you have any further questions.

FOLLOW US

http://www.facebook.com/groups/rumbleinthefalls
http://www.twitter.com/RumbleFalls
http://www.instagram.com/rumbleinthefalls

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
As an added side note, those interested in Melee will be happy to know we'll be running a Melee tourney alongside Smash 4 starting in October. It has just been a matter of gathering enough equipment to not have to only rely on other people. Copies of Melee aren't exactly cheap!

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Bumping this thread because last time it was super fun.

(And because I don't know what else to post here lol)

colinies

Smash Cadet
NNID
CoLiNieS
Last went was really well run so if you're on the fence for this one come for sure! The Venue will be great as well.

Last edited:

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
Just a reminder that this event is within the week! If you're in the NEOH area and can make it out then I encourage you all to come and at least socialize. The most important thing I want is for people to have fun and enjoy themselves. I hope to see a good turn out again this month!

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
I should be able to make it without anything getting in the way. Unfortunately I don't have a fightstick of any kind in possession at the moment so I can't play friendlies outside of Smash 4, but I'll still watch. I'm in love with fighting games.

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
To be honest, most of the people who show up seem to focus mostly on Smash right now. It makes the most sense since I am hosting a Smash tourney. As support flows in and we can do more we'll focus on other games, but for now it's not a huge deal if you don't have a fight stick or anything for other games. Chances are there is only like one or two other games up on our own accord, which last time was MKX and I believe a mix of Tekken Tag 2 and Skullgirls? Anything else would be someone else bringing their own set-up.

In short, right now we're a Smash heavy event so just come out and enjoy that. It's a passion of mine and I really want to share it and organize this community in NEOH the best I can. But if you're ultimately interested in other fighting games just keep letting us know and we'll see what we can do in the future. :)

Last edited:

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
I'll definitely make sure to get the most out of the event, even if it'll just be a Smash 4 tournament. I can definitely see myself showing up every month afterwards to attend and with my own console to help out. :)

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
If anyone is coming that is considering bringing a set-up, I highly encourage it! We will have at least 4 covered on our own to run the tourney on, but the more we have the faster and more efficient we can run the event. This includes a low-lag monitor, a wii u, smash 4 + dlc, and a gcn controller adapter. We have 5 CRTs as well should anyone want to bring Melee or PM and don't want to lug a tube with them to Barberton.

As a note, anything you get will get labelled and registered with us so we can assure all of your equipment goes home with you. So no worries there!

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
Hey guys! The next event will be October 25 at the Fast Lane. Sign-Up and pre-registration check-In will be from 12p to 1:30p and we will get started on/around 2p. We will be hosting both Smash 4 and Smash Melee so we are anticipating bigger numbers than before! We would appreciate anybody that can bring a set-up to the event to help maximize efficiency for the event.

For anyone interested in the results of the last tourney, you can find the official rankings here.

Here are some photos from our last event as well. We had a great turn out and everyone had a fantastic time. Hope to see everyone return and for some new faces to show up. :)

Last edited:

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
Is there any particular reason Delfino Plaza is removed as a legal counterpick for the tournament? I'm not mad being that I main Olimar and well, the water kills the Pikmin so that stage is an absolute no go. But still it's a fun stage on the occasions. And I do rather well with Peach on it, I would say.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Is there any particular reason Delfino Plaza is removed as a legal counterpick for the tournament? I'm not mad being that I main Olimar and well, the water kills the Pikmin so that stage is an absolute no go. But still it's a fun stage on the occasions. And I do rather well with Peach on it, I would say.
Most people think it's super jank and has cheap kills that are flat out stupid. I think it's fun, but not in a competitive setting.

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
Pretty much that. I have decided to keep Paragon rules the standard for my tourneys and I hope other TOs also eventually accept it as well. I've seen so many unfair, jank kills on some of those transition stages and people asking me to consider removing them. I just think it's the natural progression for what I'm doing and it makes it easier on everyone involved.

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
I just want to let it be known I'm open for anyone that wants to practice against my Peach/Olimar. I definitely could use some practice seeing as I did some stupid things last time despite reaching 7th and I am in need of practice against Sonic and Mario. Absolutely horrible matchups for both mains. I play other characters if you need the practice; Ike, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Robin, Luigi, Ness, Ganondorf, and Bowser (though the last two I seriously doubt anyone needs practice with).

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
Just as a reminder to those who are coming out for just Melee: Unlike Smash 4 where we have a solid 4 guaranteed set-ups we don't have many of our own for Melee. For Melee to run we will need the help of those who want to help represent the scene for it. We will grow it on our own over time, but in these first few months running it we will need the help of the community to get it to run.

If you can bring your Gamecubes/Wiis and a CRT TV set-up with Melee that would be amazing. We have 5 CRTs on site for those that can't bring the TV, but after that it's pretty much whatever anyone else can bring.

Don't feel too obligated, just know that we could use the help. As long as we have a few set-ups the tourney will get run. I just want it to go as smooth as possible for everyone involved.

Lichmassacre

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lichmassacre
Can you please remove me from preregistration? This past weekend I've been under the weather, and I'll be this way for awhile. So unfortunately I'll have to miss October, but I'll be sure to come November.

Weavi

Smash Rookie
NNID
xWeavix
Last time was preeeety fun. I'll stay posted to this thread!

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
Glad you enjoyed yourself! I hope to see you out here for the next event. More info on that should be coming up soon. :)

radishssb

Smash Rookie
NNID
radiantburrito
I apologize for not posting sooner. For reasons beyond my control I can not host an event this month. I may be able to make something next month last minute, but it'll have to require not stepping on any other toes to do so. As of now though there may not be another event until the turn of the new year. My apologies for that inconvenience.

Weavi

Smash Rookie
NNID
xWeavix
I apologize for not posting sooner. For reasons beyond my control I can not host an event this month. I may be able to make something next month last minute, but it'll have to require not stepping on any other toes to do so. As of now though there may not be another event until the turn of the new year. My apologies for that inconvenience.
Thats fine, work at your own extent dude

Top Bottom