• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 25, 2014] SmashLeague: New York - SSBM & 3DS (Brooklyn, New York)

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
SmashTournament & NYU Game Center present:
SmashLeague: New York
Featuring Melee & 3DS

October 25th, 2014
NYU Game Center, 8th Floor
2 Metrotech Center
Brooklyn, New York

A/C/F/R/ to Jay St.
2/3/4/5 to Borough Hall

Facebook event listing - www.facebook.com/events/1550600841826662
__________________________________________________​

LIVE STREAMS:

Smash Bros. Melee by VGBootCamp - www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Smash Bros. for 3DS by CLASHTournaments - www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments

EVENT SCHEDULE to be announced!

VENUE FEE:

Spectators: Free (includes casual play, when schedule permits)
Competitor Venue Fee: $10.00

Entry Fees:
All proceeds go to prize pots for each bracket's winners.
Each 1v1 Entry $10.00
Each 2v2 Entry: $10.00

PRIZE PAYOUTS:

1st place 60% of Prize Pot
2nd place 30% of Prize Pot
3rd place 10% of Prize Pot

With over 40 entrants, top 4 places pay out (50-25-15-10%).
With over 60 entrants, top 5 places pay out (45-25-15-10-5%).

RULESETS:

Melee 1v1 & Melee 2v2
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

Rulesets for 3DS are to be announced.

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
nooooooooooo

why is there a major awesome tourney like 1 minute (not even?) from my apt., every weekend that I'm out of town :(

Hope this becomes a regular dealio! I'll be watching the streams of tears...

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
Okay I want to participate but I never went on a bus before. Im in Paterson NJ teling me to take the 190 to Port Authority then C towards euclid Ave (which I'm guessing is a bus? Help me out here.) which stops at Jay street and then I can just walk to Microtech Center and hopefully use the same system to get back?

Also, Im sorry im such a noob but what does the following stand for? The bus you can take and the streets or something? Or trains? I think is both haha
A/C/F/R/ to Jay St.
2/3/4/5 to Borough Hall

infomon

Smash Scientist
In NYC, the subways are letters/numbers. The following are all subways: 2/3/4/5/A/C/F/R

You'll need to get a Metrocard. Most entrances to the subway system have a machine where you can purchase a Metrocard and add funds to it to get around the city. I think it's $2.50 per ride, or you can get daily/weekly "unlimited" cards.

The 190 is a bus that takes you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal near times square (42nd st. and like 8th ave I think) in Manhattan. From there you need to get to the subway station to catch one of the subways that was suggested. Port Authority is closest (actually it's right on top of / connected to) the A/C/E (blue line) subways. Only take the A or C, not the E. The A/C will take you right to Jay St./Metrotech literally like 2 blocks (barely) from the venue.

Edit: More clarification: Jay St./Metrotech is a subway stop along the A/C/F/R. Borough Hall is a subway stop along the 2/3/4/5. Both are close to the venue, Jay St./Metrotech is closest (the venue is in the Metrotech).

From Port Authority, make sure you catch the Downtown/Brooklyn-bound A/C train.

Last edited:

xSinCarax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xSinCarax
3DS FC
4313-2082-1946
In NYC, the subways are letters/numbers. The following are all subways: 2/3/4/5/A/C/F/R

You'll need to get a Metrocard. Most entrances to the subway system have a machine where you can purchase a Metrocard and add funds to it to get around the city. I think it's $2.50 per ride, or you can get daily/weekly "unlimited" cards.

The 190 is a bus that takes you to the Port Authority Bus Terminal near times square (42nd st. and like 8th ave I think) in Manhattan. From there you need to get to the subway station to catch one of the subways that was suggested. Port Authority is closest (actually it's right on top of / connected to) the A/C/E (blue line) subways. Only take the A or C, not the E. The A/C will take you right to Jay St./Metrotech literally like 2 blocks (barely) from the venue.

Edit: More clarification: Jay St./Metrotech is a subway stop along the A/C/F/R. Borough Hall is a subway stop along the 2/3/4/5. Both are close to the venue, Jay St./Metrotech is closest (the venue is in the Metrotech).

From Port Authority, make sure you catch the Downtown/Brooklyn-bound A/C train.

You are quite literally a life saver. I am HORRIBLE with directions but when nintendo hosted the event last Saturday I said I'd go even if I die trying and made it to the semi finals and won the shirt and towel you see on my pic. Then SURE ENOUGH got lost for abit but whatever I made it back in one piece. Thanks for your help! I will try twice as hard in your honor! I will be the mane wearing the mask xD

P0pz

Smash Rookie
What's parking like? Cause otherwise I usually leave my car in Astoria and take either the N or the Q train, so it would help to know what connections I have to make.

Also, are melee friendlies going on all day, or do they pause during the tourney?

infomon

Smash Scientist
I know there's 24-hour valet parking at "the brooklyner", 111 lawrence st. which is right there beside the venue. But it's kind of $$ive iirc. Not sure about street parking or whatever, but just bringing this up because it is an option.

Merlin_320

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1864-9694-1213
Yeah Im down to go if im not too busy. Been looking for a smash scene in brooklyn for a while now. Look forward to meeting fellow smash players

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I'll come to this. It's been like 3 years since my last in-person tourney.
3DS ruleset coming soon please? I'd like to know what to practice for. :)

Troyfullbuster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Troyfullbuster
You are quite literally a life saver. I am HORRIBLE with directions but when nintendo hosted the event last Saturday I said I'd go even if I die trying and made it to the semi finals and won the shirt and towel you see on my pic. Then SURE ENOUGH got lost for abit but whatever I made it back in one piece. Thanks for your help! I will try twice as hard in your honor! I will be the mane wearing the mask xD
umm bro everyone gets the shirt and towel don't BS and say you won it lol. I should have gotten half a 3DS I lost to DaBuz in the finals -_-

Trent

Smash Champion
I would really like to show up but I don't get off work until 4pm and it would take me 20ish min to get there. Is there any way to sign up for the 3DS singles bracket late?

Last edited:
Top Bottom