• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 15, 2014] Game Geeks Smash League (Iowa City, IA)

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet

Game Geeks in downtown Iowa City is proud to host Super Smash League Season 2!

Blue = Free Parking / Green = Ramp Parking / Street Parking Available / Star = Game Geeks

VENUE FEE: $5
VENUE W/ SETUP: ZERO

SSB MELEE: $5
PROJECT MELEE: $5
DOUBLES: $5/PLAYER
ULTRA SF 4: $5

Doors at NOON. Tournament start at 2 PM.
Melee Singles & USF4 - 2 PM / Project Melee - 4 PM / Melee OR PM Doubles - 6 PM

Smash League is a monthly cash-money tournament centered around the Iowa FG community. Prize money for each event is split 60/30/10 among the top 3 players in each event. As of now the official "main events' are Super Smash Bros. Melee, Project Melee and ULTRA Street Fighter 4. We also run side events, such as Smash 64, Towerfall, Street Fighter 3: Third Strike and almost game with interest.

We also publish the results in an on-going bi-annual league power ranking. The results from each event are ranked based on a 12, 9, 6, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2 point system for top 8 and 1 point for every participant after that. The top player for each category at the end of each league will not pay a venue fee for ANY Game Geeks event during the following 6-month league season.

CURRENT RANKING BASED OFF OF THE JULY, AUG. & SEPT. EVENTS.​

Last edited:

Okay!

Smash Rookie
So i'm still confused about this, so we show up at like 2:00 and pay 5 bucks to play other people. What i'm confused about is if we lose do we get kicked out, and if we don't lose can we exit out the building and come back when it's our time to play?

GameGeeks

Smash Cadet
So i'm still confused about this, so we show up at like 2:00 and pay 5 bucks to play other people. What i'm confused about is if we lose do we get kicked out, and if we don't lose can we exit out the building and come back when it's our time to play?
So... You don't have to pay if you aren't playing. If you are playing you pay 5 for venue (I.E. To keep us in business) and 5 per game you want to play. When you lose you aren't evicted from the building, or anything. You can hang around and play casuals if there's time and space. If you exit the building you can walk right back in no problem.

Top Bottom