• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Down to Smash: Sm4sh, Melee, & PM! $1000 Bonus! Feat. TheReflexWonder!

Down to Smash: Sm4sh, Melee, & PM! $1000 Bonus! Feat. TheReflexWonder!
Posted by Wundermittens
Hill Student Center UAB
Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Smash Club at UAB Presents:

A semi annual Melee and Smash 4 tournament.
Side Event: Project M
500$ Pot Bonus for Melee and Smash 4

The links below should cover most of the basic stuff:

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/events/256372661407754/?ti=icl

Pre Registration
https://smash.gg/tournament/down-to-smash

Schedule:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOaX9lImfs8gvPZr_coHwdFGLwS9F4L17yc1y4XO2Bk/edit?usp=sharing

Smash Wii U Ruleset
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZshVLC90gjq5BbLnKCrwfs6PAF2N7KnREBDv87Mv4XQ/edit?usp=sharing

Melee Ruleset
http://smashboards.com/rulesets/melee/

Project M Ruleset
https://smashboards.com/rulesets/project-m/

Stream
TYPO HOUSE GAMES

SCHEDULE IS FINALIZED! AT DOOR SIGN UPS CLOSE 1 HOUR BEFORE EACH EVENT!

Tournament will take place in the ballroom at the Hill Student Center on the campus of UAB. The ballroom is on the third floor. Parking at a meter is free on Saturdays and Sundays and student parking should be available to attendants.

Entrance Fee + Pot Bonus Payout:
We will be doing top 8 payout for Smash 4 and Melee:
  • 1st Place – 55%
  • 2nd Place – 20%
  • 3rd Place – 10%
  • 4th Place – 5%
  • 5th Place (tie) – 3%
  • 7th Place (tie) – 2%
Project M will be top 3 payout: 60/30/10

Entrance Fees:
10$ per individual for singles tournament
20$ per team for doubles tournament

Venue Fee:
Late Registration
One day pass-20$ Two day pass-25$

At the door
One day pass only-20$

If you have any questions about this event please contact any of the following:
Tristan Wunderly (Tran)
Sam Wunderly (Wundermittens)
TJ Mayberry (Leaf)
Jacob Richardson (Keet)

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
The title says Pokken but there are no rules or anything for it. Was it accidentally put there?
  • Game Settings: LAN Mode, Skill=Off, 2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, stadium only
  • Loser of last match may change fighter Pokemon
  • Both players may change assist sets and cheer type between matches

MSU_Pope

Smash Rookie
So Pumped for this!

Hopefully going to be able to bring a big crew from Starkville!

Ghost256

Smash Rookie
You got any idea how big this tourney is gonna be? Like, you think it would be worth driving down there for the weekend from southern VA? I might go anyway if I've got nothing to do.

Tr4n

Smash Cadet
You got any idea how big this tourney is gonna be? Like, you think it would be worth driving down there for the weekend from southern VA? I might go anyway if I've got nothing to do.
I would love to tell you how many people we have going, but it's too soon and we don't even know finite numbers for the days. I can tell you what space we have and our capacities. We have reserved UAB's Hill Student Ballroom ABCD. This holds up to 500 people. We have also reserved the alumni theatre on the same floor, so if we need more viewing space, it is available to us. We have also reserved a few classrooms on the same floor for the same purpose. Each classroom has a projector as well. I hope this helps a little bit. I know it doesn't answer your question, but I hope it tells you what we expect our absolute capacity to be and what we are prepared for. Thank you!

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Come on down fam. Either there'll be an awesome turnout or you'll win the pot bonus. Win-win

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Also, we have people planning on coming down from South Carolina and other surrounding areas. When people sign up on smash.gg you can see what region they are from. I tell you this so maybe you can carpool and save some money!

KotSO| Rax

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-8772-7393
Can we pay for our registration for either tourney without signing up on smash.gg at the door or do we have to pay and sign up on smash.gg?

TopTierTaite

Smash Rookie
Been out of it for a while, but I'd like to come if possible. I might be in town for a UAB tour, do I have to pay to come watch?

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Pokken has been dropped due to there only being 1 person to sign up so far.

However,
Project M has been added. Please give smash.gg time to make these changes, they you may register for PM!

Combo Wombo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jack_childree
3DS FC
1934-1187-4703
Which stages are starter and counter pick? It was really scrambled.

Macaron196

Smash Rookie
2 questions 1 does signing up at the venue count as late registration 2 is it 10 + venue fee for singles or is it just 10

Wundermittens

UAB Smash Club VP
NNID
Panionator
Late Registration is online meaning 20 dollars for one day, 25 for two.
Registering at the door means 20 dollars EACH day you decide to come. So if you plan to compete both days, you save 15 dollars registering online.

Signing up for singles means 10 dollar entry plus 20 dollar venue. BUT bring a set up and keep it there through the tournament and get a 5 dollar refund.

KotSO| Rax

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2165-8772-7393
Do we have to pay to get into the building/venue, or do we have to just pay for the registration of the tourney we are entering?

Keet

Smash Journeyman
Do we have to pay to get into the building/venue, or do we have to just pay for the registration of the tourney we are entering?
You can come as a spectator if you dont plan on entering any tournaments. BUT this means you CANNOT play friendlies or enter any tournaments once inside.

Top Bottom