• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Dec 24, 2014] Project M Biweeklies (Wallingford CT)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hall of Gaming: PM biweeklies will now be running Sm4sh as a side event.

Times:
Venue Opens at 6:00
PM Bracket Begins at 7:00

Yes, there will be intermingling within both of these brackets, but for time related purposes it's the best I can do at the moment.

Fees
Venue: 5$
PM: 5$

Turnout
First 60%
Second 30%
Third 10%

We'll be running the TK Breezy Stagelist.

Starters:
BattleField
Dreamland
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium
Greenhill

Counters:
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Wario Ware
Norfair (3.5)

Striking order is 1-2-1 and there are two counterpick strikes.

All games will be best out of three including winners, losers, and grand finals.

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
Should be here tonight but probably closer to 7 then 6.

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Shoutouts to MLGF, friendly TO that knows what's up.
Shoutouts to everyone I played! You're all quite good!
Shoutouts to the rain trying desperately to kill me.
Shoutouts to nobody trying to steal my girlfriend.
Shoutouts to JoeST not showing up.
Shoutouts to vVv Gaming.
Shoutouts to the true champion of the night, Circle Pad.
Shoutouts to all my sparring partners for the practice that helped me win the 3DS tournament.
Shoutouts to suiciding with barrels in to side of the stage and only losing because of a screen splat taking longer than my death (SAKURAIIII)

Fun environment, I'll be taking a trip down again soon!

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Er... Evening. I apologize for the late reply.

I just wanted to bump this as an alert, these will now be a Biweekly due to CT having some over-saturation issues when it comes to Smash. This week (11/12/14) we'll be running it however so come on down if you're interested.

Last edited:

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Just spotted this thread. I can't make it this week, but I'm def going to show up at a later one.

these will now be a Biweekly due to CT having some over-saturation issues when it comes to Smash.
Over-saturation as in too many Smash events? Are they all listed on this site, or should I look somewhere else to get that info?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'd like to announce that we will no longer be running Sm4sh 3DS.

The big reason is that Sm4sh on the Wii U will be out in time for the next biweekly and we want that game to have the focus it gets.

As such, while the biweekly was not the result of Sm4sh coming out, the fact is we want both games to have an equal focus. So PM will be running alone from now on, and the intention of starting a Sm4sh Wii U biweeklies is already being planned. Details on that will be announced soon.

Until then, get hype because 3.5 is comin' and PM biweeklies will keep goin'.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Just spotted this thread. I can't make it this week, but I'm def going to show up at a later one.

Over-saturation as in too many Smash events? Are they all listed on this site, or should I look somewhere else to get that info?
Sorry for the double post...

CT has tons.
Like, there's this PM biweekly, a Melee biweekly, another PM weekly taking place on the same day as the Melee weekly, essentially at least one tournament every saturday, the list just goes on and on.

No one seemed to want to tackle the problem, but I decided that these weeklies (something that I have some partial control over) should be altered as a result because no one else wants to.

You may think so much Smash is a good thing, but it's spread our community over a small state and no one wants to travel, our community is becoming less and less connected with each other and it's just not something I want to continue.

Last edited:

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post...

CT has tons.
Like, there's this PM biweekly, a Melee biweekly, another PM weekly taking place on the same day as the Melee weekly, essentially at least one tournament every saturday, the list just goes on and on.

No one seemed to want to tackle the problem, but I decided that these weeklies (something that I have some partial control over) should be altered as a result because no one else wants to.

You may think so much Smash is a good thing, but it's spread our community over a small state and no one wants to travel, our community is becoming less and less connected with each other and it's just not something I want to continue.
Makes sense to me. Where does the other PM weekly take place? Got a link?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Because CT is CT and seems to snow as much as possible at any chance given, we're not running HoG tonight.

MLGF

Smash Lord
We're gonna be running PM this week because of the weather last week.
We'll be juggling it with Sm4sh (as we intend to do anytime weather screws us over for either game) but it'll continue as normal starting next week, so don't worry.

Last edited:

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Times:
Bracket Opens at 6:00
PM Bracket Begins at 7:00
Sorry for the dumb question, but what's the difference between "Bracket Opens" and the "PM Bracket Begins". Do you mean "Venue Opens"? I'm just trying to figure out what time to get there :)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Only reason I ran both past week was because pm was canceled the week before, sm4sh would, and will, get the same treatment

Paquito

Smash Journeyman
Weather forecast for tomorrow night: Rain. If that causes low-turnout, I'll start a fund-drive to get rain ponchos and/or umbrellas to the local Smash community.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, tomorrow is Christmas Eve so... Yeah it's not gonna run, sorry to disappoint
We're doing an event this Saturday to compensate.

Top Bottom