• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] Matthews Smashers Grand Opening!. (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
:4littlemac::4darkpit::lucario::falcon::yoshimelee::roypm::mewtwopm::bowsermelee::falconmelee::drmario::foxmelee::luigimelee::mariomelee::marthmelee::peachmelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee::4shulk::rosalina::4pacman::4tlink::4greninja:

Hey Smashers!

We want to thank you for a GREAT Grand Opening! The compliments about the venue and how impressed you were with the organization of the event and the pace of play were amazing to hear! It took a wonderful team to put it all together....Thank you team!!! A lot of great gamers showed up which made for some fierce competition! Thank you for all the feedback! We will strive to make these tourneys even better!

Here are the RESULTS of the Matthews Smashers Grand Opening Tournament, October 18th, 2014

Project M: http://challonge.com/ck4wdg1e
Melee: http://challonge.com/ovv1x4nb
Smash 4 3ds: http://challonge.com/7kdacrgr

Congratulations to the top 3 winners of each game
and to all those who participated and improved by this experience!!

Be sure to check Smashboards for the next tournament date next month
!
Can't wait to smash with you again, soon!!!!

:pirateship::frigate::battlefieldb: :dk64::falcon64::fox64::jigglypuff64::kirby64::link64::luigi64::mario64::ness64::pikachu64::samus64::eldin::fdb::norfair:

Grand Opening of Matthews Smashers October 18th, 2014

Registration and Warm-ups:
12:00PM. Registration ends promptly at tourney start time.

Start times: Melee at 1:00; Smash 4 3DS at 2:30; Project M at 4:00
Venue/Door Fee: $10.00
Each Tournament Entry Fee
: $5.00 - This $5.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

The Payout:

1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%
4th place and beyond - Experience!

Venue Guidelines:

1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:

Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?

There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!

Don't Forget....

If you are entering in the Smash 4 3DS competition, please bring your Nintendo 3DS System, a charger, and your Smash 4 game. If you are entering Melee and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Smash 4 3DS Ruleset

1. Three Stock, 8 Minutes
2. Best out of three, championship match out of 5
3. Items off and set to none
4. I will allow mii fighters (Subject to change) and custom movesets
5. All equipment are banned
6. You can switch characters in between matches, with the winner of the match switching first

Smash 4 3DS Stages

Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Prisam Tower, and all Final Destination versions of stages
(You can play on any form of any stage as long as you agree, just don't get upset if you lose because of the train tracks in Spirit Train)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT MATTHEWS SMASHERS ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18TH!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!

:4robinm::4drmario::4dedede::4wiifit::4myfriends::4charizard::zerosuitsamus::zelda::wolf::4bowserjr::4ness::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::gw::4link::4lucario::4peach::4palutena:

Last edited:

the golfer

Smash Rookie
Sounds awesome! Looking forward to beating everyone and gettin' the money cash!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Is this building a house? Or did you buy a building just for Smash? Or, what building are we renting?

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
Let me know if you need an extra pair of hands running things, since it's your first tournament I assume you're going to run into some of the same issues I ran into when I ran the first Be There Games tournaments and I'd be glad to help. :)

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I am interested in going to this but I'm wondering if there is a possibility that if I bring a full Melee setup, can I get my venue fee reduced?

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I like Locke's idea. I own 2 CRTs and a Wii (with PM and Melee) and it's tough for me to bring them places. However, if it meant that my fee was lowered, I would be all over that.

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Let me know if you need an extra pair of hands running things, since it's your first tournament I assume you're going to run into some of the same issues I ran into when I ran the first Be There Games tournaments and I'd be glad to help. :)
Hey BombsOnBombs! We really appreciate your willingness to help! Although this isn't our first tournament, just the first tournament at this location, it is good to know that if we do run into some issues, you are there to help us! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
How late do you have the venue rented? I don't have my after 9 yet

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
How late do you have the venue rented? I don't have my after 9 yet
Hey Glish! We have the facility as long as we need it! I'm pretty sure you and everyone else will be home before 9:00! We are hoping to run a smooth and efficient tournament!

trati

Smash Ace
any one from statesvile is going to this if so can I ride with you I'll give gas money or is their a group page for Car pools

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
I guess I'll give a little feedback.

I had a lot of fun. It was really well organized. For next time, try and figure something out about seeding. Pools takes too long, but use the results from yesterday to help for the future.

As for the 3DS ruleset, I'm pretty sure this is the ruleset people were playing with, not the one listed above:

3 Stock 8 Minutes
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower

Also, the venue fee was a bit pricey.

W1m0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheHylianHero123
However i don't think tortimer island and boxing ring should be allowed for future tournaments. Because charachters who rely on edge game can not use this on these stages.

Xianos

The Legendary Failure
this tournament was a lot of fun :D! Met some cool people and fought some amazing smashers! can't wait for the next one :p

widowmaker

Smash Rookie
I went to this tournament! It's totally awesome and everybody needs to go so you can go and win more money!!! IT BE GOOD!!! (I went under a different gamer tag)

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
However i don't think tortimer island and boxing ring should be allowed for future tournaments. Because charachters who rely on edge game can not use this on these stages.
I think the stages should be:

Final Destination (including Omega Forms)
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Prism Tower

However, once the Wii U version comes out, I don't think 3DS should be played.

Also, how often are these planning on being held? I want to go to the next one!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Yeah I agree with you on both the stages and stopping on the 3ds
Actually, I was talking with a friend, it should be this:

Starters:
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island

Counter-picks:
Arena Ferox
Prism Tower

First game, loser of RPS bans one stage, winner picks from remaining 2. Loser of each game bans one stage. DSR is in effect.

thatoneguyintheback

Smash Apprentice
Please post results, it's important for seeding and rankings, it'll also let people know the event had a good turnout

Top Bottom