• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Oct 18, 2014] HOPE 8! Melee + PA's first Smash 4 tournament! Pre-Reg ends Wed.... (Etna, PA)

M@v

Subarashii!

PRE REGISTRATION LINK: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q-GC6x5u773Cd_9S9_wSWiwgr-lW7sF2czWTaIlY0Rg/viewform
If you Pre Register and Bring a full setup, your venue fee will be waived! Pre-Reg will end Wednesday, October 15th, at midnight.

Hope shines over Pittsburgh once again after the series' revival was a resounding success! This time around, Hope will be running Melee Singles and doubles, and Hope 8 will also be the first ever Smash 4 Tournament in Pennsylvania, running Smash 4 for 3DS!

Stay tuned for more details regarding smash 4's ruleset. The ruleset will be up sometime on Sunday, October 12th. In the mean time, you can expect a couple standard rules for now:
2-3 stocks, 5 to 8 minute timer
No items, all characters legal
Neutral stages will likely be 5 to 7 to allow proper 1-2-(2)-1 Striking, Undetermined amount of CPs.
Best 2/3, 3/5 Winners Finals/Losers Finals/Grands.
Bring your own 3DS and game.

Venue: The usual. You know it. You love it. As always, Free fountain drinks!
Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
Etna, PA

Events and Pricing:
Venue fee: $5 (WAIVED if you Pre-Register AND bring a full setup [Tv+Cube/Wii])
Melee Singles:$10
Melee Doubles: $20 per team
3DS Singles : $5

Schedule:
10 AM Venue Opens
Noon: 3ds and doubles registration ends
12:20: 3ds Wave 1 Pools
1:00 Melee Doubles starts
2:00 3ds wave 2 starts as wave 1 ends
3:00 Melee singles sign ups end
4:00 3ds top8(Don't stream all of it it should only take an hour with concurrent matches)
4:00 Wave 1 melee pools
5:30 Wave 2 melee pools
7:30 Melee top32
11:00pm Finished

Rules: Melee
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Gentlemen's Clause: Any stage can be played if both contestants agree to it.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1-2-1″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Rules: Smash 4 3DS

-2 Stocks, 5 minutes.

-All matches are best of 3 except for winners semis, winners finals, losers finals, and grands, which are best of 5.

-Yoshi Super Jump and Teleport glitches are banned.

-Custom moves are DISABLED (This is only due to how new the game is; I fully intend to allow custom rulesets when ample time passes on both game versions)

-Since custom moves are banned, Mii Fighters are also Temporarily banned, since they are basically walking custom movesets.

-Custom Equipment is Banned.

-Gentlemen's Clause: Any stage can be played if both contestants agree to it.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1-1-1″ fashion:
2. Second player strikes one stage,
3. Remaining stage is played

After the first match, each player gets one ban:

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: You cannot go back to a stage you already won on in the set.

In case of a timeout, victor is decided by 1. Stock advantage then 2. Percent advantage.

Stagelist:

Starters:
FD
BF
Yoshi's Brawl

Counterpicks:
Arena Ferox
Brinstar
Prism Tower
Tomadachi life
Omega Dr.Wily's Castle

Last edited:

Kenbucho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kenbuchan
3DS FC
0903-3633-3855
I'm down. I've never been to this venue before and it's only 10 minutes away. I can't wait! Smash 4 here we come. :)

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm down. I've never been to this venue before and it's only 10 minutes away. I can't wait! Smash 4 here we come. :)
If you are interested in playing in the meantime, We have Melee and Project M weeklies every friday at Carnegie Mellon University. (PM is biweekly). A few of us can still play brawl too if that is more of your thing.

M@v

Subarashii!
Fixed an error in the Pre-Reg form that didn't save the Gamertag question. Its all good to go now. If you were someone who pre-regged before the gamertag field was there, let me know if possible. It was only a couple people so itll be an easy fix.

Kenbucho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kenbuchan
3DS FC
0903-3633-3855
If you are interested in playing in the meantime, We have Melee and Project M weeklies every friday at Carnegie Mellon University. (PM is biweekly). A few of us can still play brawl too if that is more of your thing.
Cool, thanks. I was there about 2-3 weeks ago. I had a great time. I'm super rusty with melee but I plan on eating/sleeping/living smash 4. HYPE. I'll schedule myself off on Fridays here and there to attend.

M@v

Subarashii!
Alright, with Carrollfest in the books, this is the next major Pittsburgh tournament on the schedule! As a reminder, be sure to pre-register and bring a full setup to have your venue fee waived! Spread the word! You won't want to miss this!

M@v

Subarashii!
Remember to Pre-Reg! Pre-reg plus bringing a full setup waives your venue fee! Pre-Reg will end Wednesday, October 15th, at midnight (You have all day wed. to register)

M@v

Subarashii!
Bump! Thread has been updated with full schedule and melee rules! 3DS ruleset to be released Sunday Oct. 12th! Please pre-reg!

M@v

Subarashii!
As promised, this post has the full 3ds rule set for hope! In addition, 2 more announcements:

1. The schedule has been updated in more detail. Check it out here as we will be following it VERY closely: http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-...4-tournament-pre-reg-ends-wed-etna-pa.361875/

2. Pre reg ends Wednesday at midnight! Be sure to pre-register HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q-GC6x5u773Cd_9S9_wSWiwgr-lW7sF2czWTaIlY0Rg/viewform

With those stated, here is the 3ds rule set for Hope 8!

-2 Stocks, 5 minutes.

-All matches are best of 3 except for winners semis, winners finals, losers finals, and grands, which are best of 5.

-Yoshi Super Jump and Teleport glitches are banned.

-Custom moves are DISABLED (This is only due to how new the game is; I fully intend to allow custom rule sets when ample time passes on both game versions)

-Since custom moves are banned, Mii Fighters are also Temporarily banned, since they are basically walking custom movesets.

-Custom Equipment is Banned.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “1-1-1″ fashion:
2. Second player strikes one stage,
3. Remaining stage is played

After the first match, each player gets one ban:

Stagelist:

Starters:
FD
BF
Yoshi's Brawl

Counterpicks:
Arena Ferox
Brinstar
Prism Tower
Tomadachi life
Omega Dr.Wily's Castle

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Only 3 starters? :(

Are all Omegas banned except Omega Dr.Wily's Castle? why is Omega Dr.Wily's Castle so special?

I also don't see anything about what happens in the result of sudden death/a time out. I don't see a Dave's stupid rule either. Is that intentional?

Also for both games, are general anti stalling and gentleman's clause rules just gone now?

With that aside, hype.

M@v

Subarashii!
DSR is there; ill add it. Omega Wily's is a FD that has walls that allows for more wall jumping and clinging. You could insert any walled FD stage there, I just picked wily's just because. And Yes, timeout clause will be the same as every other game. Stocks, then Percent.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Just realized I should definitely make this. Even if I work tomorrow, it's not until 7:45. How's the turnout looking?

Kenbucho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kenbuchan
3DS FC
0903-3633-3855
Having a bit of issues. I may/may not be able to be there today. Stuff happens. =/

Everyone can feel free to add my 3DS code to play some sets though. 0903-3633-3855.

Top Bottom