• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Close Thread

Dr. Windbox

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatFalconMain
3DS FC
0791-4713-7838
I came to ignite this past Saturday, but it was full so I couldn't come. Will it be reserved for this weekly?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I came to ignite this past Saturday, but it was full so I couldn't come. Will it be reserved for this weekly?
We don't have tournaments on Saturdays for this reason :p It's not reserved for smash on Wednesdays but it's a lot less crowded. Come by!

Dr. Windbox

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThatFalconMain
3DS FC
0791-4713-7838
I am planning on eventually attending one of these weeklies sorry for not attending this week.

heyitsvince

Smash Rookie
NNID
HeyItsVince
Whats the turnout to these normally? How many people can I expect? Looking for a place locally to play!

reobebo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
luckyguy12
3DS FC
2406-5425-8285
"If players are unwilling to cooperate and disconnect their controllers when they're not in a match, I will ban them in future tournaments" "IF YOU ARE USING A WIRELESS CONTROLLER PLEASE DISCONNECT IT FROM THE WII U AFTER YOUR MATCH IS OVER IF YOU ARE LEAVING THE SET UP."
Wait, you said if we disconnect them if not in a match, we'll get banned, but you said disconnect after match is over. Umm...Do they both lead in the ban too? Also, that's sound a little strict here, I feel bad for those who uses wireless.

Toad King

Smash Rookie
NNID
ToadKing
Basically there have been huge issues in the past with wireless controllers messing with setups because the controllers were turning on and you can't get rid of it unless the person with the controller turns it off.

I highly recommend if you use a Wii U controller, you remove the battery and power it through its charging cable when you're playing so it can't accidentally turn on when you're not playing.

pokescene11

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokescene11
i cant wait this will be my first weekly im super stoked to be there even though im only 13 i plan to put in work

pokescene11

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokescene11
Also will this be streamed? if so can i get a link i'm sure my friends want to watch it

UR | Sage

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm UR | Sage. one of the T.O.s for Ignition and Unrivaled Tournaments. I'm going to start monitoring this thread to answer any questions.

So what's gonna be the side event this week I'm hoping doubles??
This week's side event is a white elephant doubles event, to keep in line with the Christmas theme

Have you ever considered doing 4v4's?
4v4 is something on our list of potential side events. It's hard due to space though, as fitting 8 chairs can be a hassle. We have an hdmi splitter though so the possibility exists.

Cape It

Smash Rookie
The date shows the 23rd. Is this weekly still active?

Edit: I see the changes.

Last edited:

DankNess

Smash Rookie
"Stage Striking: One of the players will strike(ban) a stage from the Starter Stage list first. Then the other player strikes one stage and the remaining stage is used for the first match."

Wouldn't that leave 3 stages?

Last edited:
Top Bottom