• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North Project M Haven!!

Project M Haven!!
Posted by doublec72
Sage Mantis Game Haven
Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 08:00 PM
Until: Saturday, December 5, 2015 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

doublec72

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
CC#985
NNID
DoubleC72
Switch FC
SW-0865-3676-5395
Did you have a rough week? Unwind and get SMASHED every Saturday night here and win cash!

Come on down to Sage Mantis Game Haven and enjoy a tournament featuring Project M!

Venue/entry fees are $5/$5 per person, so don't forget that if you don't want to enter the tournament, you can still pay $5 to play friendlies all night! May include doubles if there is enough demand and if time allows. Show up at 7ish, 8pm start time.

Rules:
*Bring your own controller
*No Stalling
*No coaching
*If you pause mid-match (On purpose or otherwise) you forfeit a stock, subject to TO or opponents discretion
*4 stock, 8 minutes
*All chaingrabs/inifinites are legal up to 300%, at which point it becomes stalling
*If a match goes to time, the in game Sudden Death mode is ignored and the match will go to whomever has the highest stock count. If both players have the same stock count, the player with the lowest percentage wins.
*You may not counterpick a stage that you have won on in the same set, however this is overridden by Gentleman's clause (See below)
*Gentleman's clause is in effect: Any stage, (including ones not listed below,) may be played on, as long as both players agree to it
*All sets are best of 3, excluding Loser's semis, losers finals, winners finals, and Grand finals, which are best of 5
*Payout will be 60%/30%/10% for 1st-3rd place respectively, is subject to change due to number of entrants

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi’s Story

Counterpick Stages (2 stage bans for best of 3 sets, 1 ban for best of 5 sets):
Final Destination
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Wario Land
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Dinguspunch

Smash Rookie
Tournament still on tonight? The weather is being iffy so I want to be sure

ShakeDrizzle

Smash Cadet
I'll be coming this Saturday with some setups and some friends. PM hype!

Can you make a Facebook event for this Saturday so I can try to spread it?

Last edited:

Mello Yello

Smash Rookie
I'm very interested in coming to this. I don't get off work until 7:30 on Saturday, though. Is that too late to actually come by?

Mello Yello

Smash Rookie
Oooh. I was reading the Sm4sh post, assuming the Project M one was at the same time. That'll probably work out fine, in that case. Who else shows up to these, how many people in total on average?

ShakeDrizzle

Smash Cadet
Oooh. I was reading the Sm4sh post, assuming the Project M one was at the same time. That'll probably work out fine, in that case. Who else shows up to these, how many people in total on average?
Last week was the first one, which I didn't attend, but I heard it had like 10 people? Not sure, but this week's turnout should be better.

Magic Mole

Smash Rookie
I can't believe this is happening, I am so excited! I really hope we can grow a scene here in Fred; I had no idea there were other PM players in the area. I hope to meet some new people and play a ton of friendlies! I'll be bringing like half of the Smash Bros. club I started at one of the local high schools last year. :p

ShakeDrizzle

Smash Cadet
YAY MORE FRED SMASH PLAYERS. The scene has been growing here super fast. We're up to 60 people on our fb page :D.
I might be going to UVA for their Melee monthly Saturday but if not I'll be coming to this. Otherwise, next bi-weekly is next sunday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom