• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Occidental Weekly Friday Smashfests (CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
UPDATE: TESTING THE WATERS FOR JULY 12TH I'LL KEEP YALL POSTED NOT 100% CONFIRMED

DIRECTIONS
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041

^That's where you should park and make sure to call me after you park so I can come out and guide you in! Please follow the directions EXACTLY!!! (That means going INTO the entrance of the college and going right then following the path until you can't go straight anymore then turn right and you should be at the parking spot)
The building is called Bell Young Hall

Don't be afraid to ask for help or anything. And although we aren't super pros we can still teach/tell you a ton of things. These smashfests are to help people get better or you know.. just chill and have fun :]

SCHEDULE:
Every Friday starting at 4:30PM unless stated otherwise here

SUNG
Cell: 469-235-6458 call or text (DO NOT USE THIS PHONE ANYMORE, I HAVE A NEW NUMBER)
214-315-3843 call or text!
AIM: SUNG475 (I'm usually on)

DendyPretendy
Cell: 612-720-7517

The Crimson Blur
Cell: 703-615-0640

RECORD:
[COLLAPSE="Expand Records."]Oct 21 - Will end around 8 PM (LOL WHAT ENDED UP BEING 8 PM WAS ACTUALLY 3 AM HAHAHAHA)
Me, Dendy, CrimsonBLUR

Oct 28 - Ended 2:30 AM super freakin fun, doubs and sherigami will be comin to more of these! (cuz I'll be pickin him up)
Vincent, J666, Me, Dendy, CrimsonBLUR, Sherigami

Nov 4 - No tournament on Saturday? Play until FREAKIN 6 AM IN THE MORNIN LOOOOL!!!
Me, Dendy, CrimsonBLUR, Sherigami, Rex

Nov 11- 5 PM to 1 AM, In-N-Out as uzsh
Me, Dendy, CrimsonBLUR, J666

Nov 18 - 4:30 PM to 1 AM, good ol melee! (with a hint of brawl lulz!)
Me, Dendy, the legendary Sherigami

Nov 25 - Cancelled as DendyPretendy was in HOME for Thanksgiving

Dec 2 - Cancelled again due to uhh stuff

Dec 9 - 4 pm to 4 am ze sheikz
Me, Dendy, Joejoe, UnknownForce

Dec 16 - 4 PM to 3:30 AM Peach Sweet
Me, Dendy, Adam, Metameme, Trahhhsteezy, Jpegimage, Lovage, Doll666, J666

Dec 30 - Noon to Midnight, Sung's doll house sized room smashfest AKA eff the bystander effect
Me, Stab, Hyprid, Lovage, Wes, Bizz, Adam, and a bunch of other people I don't remember

-Timelapse Dendy going back to Murderapolis-

Jan 27 - 6 pm to 2 am: Infinite Nutter Butters!
CommonYoshi, J666, Doll666, Dendy Pretendy, the Crimson KID, Dr. Awesome

Feb 10 - 7 pm to 3 am
Me, Dendy, J666, Doll666, Crimson Blur

Feb 11 - 1 pm to 3 am
Me, Dendy, Crimson Blur, Manatee, Dr. Awesome

Feb 17 - 5:30 pm to 3 am: Cashin in on brawl + McDs long convo
Me, Dendy, Crimson Blur

Feb 24 - 4:00 pm to midnight
Me, Dendy, J666, Doll666

Mar 2 - 4:00 pm to midnight
Me, Dendy, Khepri, Crimson Blur

Mar 9 - 4:00 pm to 1 am
Me, Dendy, Manatee, CommonYoshi, Crimson Blur, Couch

Mar 10 - 11:00 am to 5:30 am: TOURNAMENT...and then a bunch of smash after
Too many to list

Mar 16 - 4:00 pm to 4:00 am: UNDEFEATED
Me, Dendy ('s falco), Crimson Blur, Manatee, Peligro, Dr. Awesome, Smash Physics

Mar 30 - 5:00 pm to 4:00 am
Me, Dendy, Manatee, Peligro, Blindhobo, +His asian friend, KrustyKurt (huge temptation to write KrustyKurty), Khepri, Mark, and David? (the falcon guy)

Apr 6 - Cancelled because of the AZ tournament

Apr 13 - Cancelled because Dendy and I are jerks

Apr 18 - 6:00 pm to 6:00 am: Regrets on regrets on regrets LOL
Me, Crimson Blur, Boba/Scott Pilgrim, Jocelyn, Studmuffin

Apr 27 - 5:30 pm to 6:00 am: Teams salt.
Me, Crimson Blur, DrunkyPretendy, CommonYoshi, A. Rookie, Likewise, Dr. Awesome, Manatee, Khepri, BlindHobo, Oops

-hiatus with Dendy going back home-

Aug 31 - 4:30 pm to 5:30 am: Triple Elim Bracket
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Dr. Awesome, Studmuffin, Jackpot, 2Jar, Practice Man, Midg, Horach, Wiener, JoeJoe, Khepri, Stab, Hairy Nipples

Sept 7 - 4:30 pm to 4:30 am: Farewell Common Yoshi.
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, A. Rookie, Common Yoshi, Ornj

Sept 14 - 4:30 pm to 3:00 am: MM Marth ditto salt, Sung lost Crimson 25$ :[ ALSO, bring setups.
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Westballz, Stab, Combofest, AntoPark, 2jar, Midg, Vahag, SacaSuMoto, Studmuffin, Jackpot

Sept 21 - 3:30 pm to 3:00 am: Scott. Pilgrim.
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Stab, GSUB, Justin, Joseph, Brandon Hatfield (Wieners), JoeJoe

Sept 28 - 3:30 pm to 4:30 am: Dendy and I won 20$ teams MM against Wes and Hnips :]
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Westballz, AceFlight, Jacewa, Brandon Hatfield (Wieners), Khepri, Tavo, HairyNipples, ROFL, **** (J1zz)

Oct 12 - 4:30 pm to 8:00 am: Khepri is godliek
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Westballz, AceFlight, Khepri, HairyNipples, ROFL, J1ZZ, A. Rookie, KrustyKurt, Link main (no tag), Falco main (no tag)

Oct 19 - 4:30 pm to 2:30 am: I have the best Ike
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Westballz, AceFlight, ROFL, J1ZZ, Peter, Brandon Hatfield (Wieners), Studmuffin, Jackpot

Oct 26 - 4:30 pm to 5:00 am: Doubles depression
Me, Crimson Blur, DendyPretendy, Westballz, Brandon Hatfield (Wieners), Studmuffin, Jackpot, Khepri, Sherigami, Dr. Awesome, Oops, ThePhenom

Nov 2 - 5:00 pm to 4:00 am: Crewz
Me, Crimson Blur, Westballz, Brandon Hatfield (Wieners), AceFlight, Khepri, Baka4Moe, ThePhenom, Vahag, Tom Silva, ?Peach guy, ?Sonic guy, 3 Years, Stabbedbyanipple, J666, Oops, Dendy's Friend (get a new tag :p)

Nov 9 - 4:30 pm to 2:00 am: Kings of Cali!!!
Me, Crimson Blur, Dendy Pretendy, MikeHAZE, Andymosity, Oops, Read, Sparky, jaVus, jaVus's friend who CCs well, HugQ, Renzio, AceFlight, J666, Krusty Kurt + his two friends, Dendy's friend (get a new tag hehe), The Phenom, sorry if I forgot anyone I wasn't there the whole time

Nov 16 - 5:00 pm to 2:00 am: SB trainin
Me, Dendy Pretendy, Westballz, Stabbedbyanipple, Combofest, Brandon Hatfield, AceFlight, ThePhenom + his 2 friends, ROFL, Vahag, Oops, Steven

Nov 23 - 4:30 pm to 5:00 am: W smash + Wes's fox is godlike after warm up jiminy great freaking smashfest
Me, ROFL, Westballz, Fiction, Oops, Oops's friend, Khepri

Nov 30 - 2:30 pm to 3:00 am: Tournament http://imgur.com/HfzKA bracket fun fun :]
ACEFLIGHT, Me, Crimson, DendyPretendy, Stab, Khepri, Vahag, 2Jar, Midg, Combofest, ZEO, Dr. Awesome, Oops, Westballz, Life Ruiner (Alfredo), NE$$, Krusty Kurt, Brandon Hatfield, Glendale Oscar (not lovage)

Dec 7 - 3:30 pm to 5:00 am: Teams hype
Me, Crimson, DendyPretendy, Wes, Vahag, Oops, Brandon Hatfield, JoY, PM Link main (no tag yet), Melee ganon main (no tag yet), Khepri, A. Rookie

Jan 25th - 3:00 pm to 3:00 am: Hype dogfight. MMs n sidebets.
Me, TheCrimsonBlur, Westballz, J666, Ne$$, KrustyKurt, Oops, Phenom, Grom?, Tuxedo Mask, Brandon Hatfield, The Goods, Vahag, 2Jar, Midg, Boscoman, Baker

Feb 1st - 2:00 pm to 4:00 am: Mini Tourney once again :] http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=15300936&postcount=480
Me, TheCrimsonBlur, The Goods, Brandon Hatfield, Stabbedbyanipple, OkamiBW, Combofest, The Phenom, Jeffery, Khepri, Vahag, 2Jar (godlike carpooler), BoscoMan, ZEO (love the 'E' too much)

Feb 8th - 4:00 pm to 3:00 am: My marth is the falcon slayer :p
Me, TheCrimsonBlur, Westballz, The Phenom, Brandon Hatfield, J666, Nestor, Oops, Oops' 2 other friends, Khepri, Vahag

Feb 15th - 4:30 pm to 6:30 am: Fifteen :3
Me, TheCrimsonBlur, Practice_Man, Midg, Oops, J666, Nestor, Brandon Hatfield, The Phenom, BAM, Dr. Awesome

Feb 22nd - 4:3o pm to 4:30 am: Sleepykins
Me, TheCrimsonBlur, The Goods, The Phenom, A. Rookie, Khepri, Bardull, Brandon Hatfield, Oops, Practice_Man, Toxic, Dayman, Maple, Hairy Nipples, Aceflight, Jacewa
[/COLLAPSE]

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Played until 2:30 AM

People who came:
Vincent
J666
Sherigami
Me
Dendy
Crimson BLUR

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Tomorrow at 3:30PM

Should have me, dendy, sherigami, crimson blur at the least.

It doesn't matter if you are a noob, if you want to get better, then join us! We always have a ton of fun and almost always eat dinner afterwards

That said...someone please bring another TV

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Will be bringing my heavy TV..
Yea Sherigami, DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR GC AND YOUR GC CABLES AND DISC!!!!!

//edit// Rex bringing his TV/GC yay!!!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Played from 4:00PM-6:00AM
Me
Dendy
CrimsonBLUR
Sherigami
Rex

Holy fudge super amazing smashfest, 3AM Doc!
Rex bringing friends/setups next time too :) It's hard trying to give you advice when you play bowser
Vincent, Vincent...you missed out on the fun (ok half serious then half-freeforall-itemson-hyruletemple-otherdumbstages-lowtiersonly-4player fun)

Sherigami is so good (really good at edgeguarding unlike...well everyone else) I'll be taking him to 2GG and Rex will be going too (maybe his friends as well)!
Oh and you didn't give me a few bucks for gas :/ Umm wanna give me like 3-5$ next time? (you can sleep over again so we can go to tourney the day after)

Crimson, I think you really need to work on your control unfortunately you can't really practice yet :(

//edit// I'll try to get a recording setup so we can record like the final sets with each other

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Yay it was fun today :)

Started at around...5ish up until 1 AM

Nice doubles and singles too gettin ready for 2GG!!!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Smash from around 4:30PM to 1:00AM :)

Special event today! Apparently occidental hosted a brawl tourney today to which me (and sherigami) went to. Around...20 entrants, weed out the scrubs with a standard tournament procedure of a four player free for all no time limit best of one FINAL ONLY. Anyway, after that it was 1v1s (still best of ones) sherigami got ***** cause he knows brawl slightly less than I do. Eh this story is getting boring just talking about brawl, in any case I won and got 10$.

So I spent the 10$ on what normal people would spend 10$ on, I bought 48 pieces of Ferrero Rocher

Melee rocks and ownz the world. Falco dittos are

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Of course! Every Friday! :)

Usually starting around 3:30-4:00 to...whenever haha

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Legit I should be bringing a fox who hasn't been to tournament in years and is better than me. Pure talent

:phone:

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Uhh So you're gunna drive two hours? O.o

It would be amazing if you could cause I really need spacies practice!

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys playing this week? I'm guessing the Thread title is referring to Thanksgiving last week. I really want to play tomorrow or Friday.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Darn weather made me lose internets!

Yea, same as usual, Friday at around 4PM!!!

unknownforce

Smash Lord
This is only 8 miles from my place, so I should have an easy time getting here. Are you guys planning on playing this Friday?

SUNG475

Smash Ace
my number is on the op

if anyone's comin plz bring tv if possible :)

(we have one)

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
whos going to this? im not sure if its worth the 40min drive D:

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
then you're not sure if u love melee!

ps i can give you rides for teh gas monies (next week LDO, i aint going this week) if you promise not to flake

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
yeah im down.

been getting back into melee hard recently

you too?

strangee

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
come over one of these days

or vice versa

im coming back full force. just gotta find a second job and it 's on

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Smash too good! 4 PM to 3:30 AM

First wave: Me, Dendy
Second wave: Adam and Metameme
Third wave: Trahhhsteezy and Jpegimage
Fourth wave: Lovage
Final wave: Emily and J666

Prtty rdy for tourney.

joejoe22802

Smash Ace
Wow sick turn out. people should go to more of these. It's basically a get good socal hub.

Top Bottom