• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nov 9, 2014] BIO! 4 Melee and PM (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Tuscaloosa's monthly series continues with BIO! 4. The date is November 9th, and the location is the Riverside Community Center in Tuscaloosa. This month, main events will include Melee Singles ($2), PM Singles ($2), and Melee Doubles ($2/Team). Free side events will include N64 Singles and Starfox Singles (Project M). So that we can continue running free side tournaments without putting main events behind schedule, these events will be capped at 16 entrants. You can also only enter one of them. Feel free to pre-register! Also, we'll be streaming on twitch.tv/uasmashleague

RULES:

Melee Singles, PM Singles, Melee Doubles, and N64 Singles will allow follow the Standard Apex Rulesets, with the exception that Kongo Jungle is removed as a counterpick in Melee Doubles, and PM Versions must be 3.02. Custom music and skins are allowed as long as they do not detract from the ability to play the game. All brackets will be Double Elimination, 2/3 for bracket matches and 3/5 for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals. Payout for singles will be 60/30/10, and payout for doubles will be 70/30.

Starfox Singles:
Wolf, Falco, and Fox are the only legal characters. Corneria and Lylat Cruise are the only legal Stages. Game 1 will always be played on Lylat Cruise. Game 2 will always be played on Corneria. Game 3 will always be played on Lylat Cruise (etc.). This bracket will be double elimination, 2/3 for bracket matches, and 3/5 for Winner's Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals. May the best spacy win.

SCHEDULE:

12:00-1:00 Registration
1:30 Melee Doubles ($2/Team)
2:30 Melee Singles ($2)
3:30 N64 Singles (Free)
4:30 Starfox Singles (Free)
5:30 PM Singles Phase 1 ($2/Team)
7:00 Break
7:45 PM Singles Phase 2
10:00 Cleanup

FOOD OPTIONS:

Close food options include Dunkin Donuts and Canes. Sort of close food options include Chic-Fil-A, Panda Express, and Wendy's. Domino's, Hungry Howies, and Jimmy Johns all deliver. The numbers for delivery will all be provided.

PARKING:

You are allowed to park in any legal spot on campus (no handicapped spots) on the weekends.

SETUPS:

Please bring them.

Feel free to contact me on here or by texting me at 985-789-5294. Also, please join our Facebook page UA Smash League!

Last edited:

Chongo

Smash Rookie
Awww I REALLY wish I could make it to see some spacies, but I'm in the band so I'm going to be over in Louisiana

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Sucks that our budget and time constraints won't allow for a butt bracket though, I guess the butts are just too large to fit into the schedule.

KINDA LIKE HOW RIDLEY WAS TOO LARGE TO FIT INTO SMASH 4 OHHH BURNN

damn it sakurai you just had to make ridley some stupid stage hazard character hybrid bull**** now my burn isn't even hot anymore...

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
If you guys are gonna run these monthly you should probably just make the event reoccurring in the settings so you don't have to make a new thread every time.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
I'll be there this Starfox Singles thing sounds really awesome so defintly wanna talk part of that. Also i'd like do Doubles but pretty new to the scene and would like to know if anyone could pair up with me.

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there this Starfox Singles thing sounds really awesome so defintly wanna talk part of that. Also i'd like do Doubles but pretty new to the scene and would like to know if anyone could pair up with me.
Awesome man, glad to hear it :D
I'll ask around next time our smash club gets together. There will probably be a few people who don't have teammates the day of who would be interested too.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Awesome man, glad to hear it :D
I'll ask around next time our smash club gets together. There will probably be a few people who don't have teammates the day of who would be interested too.
Ok i appreciate it Zylo ive only been to 1 tournament so far so im not too much into the scene yet this will be my second and i'll be there. I wanna take part in as many set as possible

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Ok i appreciate it Zylo ive only been to 1 tournament so far so im not too much into the scene yet this will be my second and i'll be there. I wanna take part in as many set as possible
Well we're glad to have you! If I'm not too busy I'd be happy to get in some friendlies with you during downtime.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Well we're glad to have you! If I'm not too busy I'd be happy to get in some friendlies with you during downtime.
Sure man I wanna try to get there. If I get there in time i'd love to do some Friendlies. Anyway i can recognize you when I get there?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Sure man I wanna try to get there. If I get there in time i'd love to do some Friendlies. Anyway i can recognize you when I get there?
I'll be wearing a red polo. I'm ~5'7 and have brown hair. I'll also probably do your registration.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
I'll be wearing a red polo. I'm ~5'7 and have brown hair. I'll also probably do your registration.
All right I'll probaly be wearing a Nintendo related Tee about 6'0. I'll gladly have fun playing your Fox with my Weegee

powergamer

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys have an idea of how many people will be attending? I've got maybe 3-5 of us who would like to go but if the turnout is less than like 24 for PM I don't know if we'll do the 3 hour driive from auburn to ttown

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have an idea of how many people will be attending? I've got maybe 3-5 of us who would like to go but if the turnout is less than like 24 for PM I don't know if we'll do the 3 hour driive from auburn to ttown
Our 1st tournament had over 40 entrants. The next one was in the mid 20's, but on that day there were about 5 tournaments going on throughout Alabama. We expect to have more than 30 entrants.

Smoof

Smash Cadet
NNID
SmashMastr98
3DS FC
1332-7766-7726
Shoutouts to Zylo for a great Tournament it was only my 2nd tournament. I was glad with what the way I did and I'll be back next month

Top Bottom